[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling alone sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1396400124828.jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1396400124828.jpg
137KB, 323x454px
Been in south america, poland and russia as a solo traveller. It fels so damn boring and empty when you don't go with friends
>just make friends along the way
Yeah sure i will havr the time of my life with a bunch of faggot normies getting wasted every night
>just find something to do that interests you
Nature? The andes feel as exciting as my backyars. History? Who the fuck travels for that? . Culture? Rotting away in a museum or theater may make you feel smart but not entertained in the slightest. Meeting locals? Same problem as with the normie tourists + language gap.
Okay! Let's try something else! Did a weekend trip to a concert of my favorite rock band, and even the concert tasted like shit because i was just stabdinf there like an idiot surrounded by strangers drinking and "having a good time" not understanding a word they said.

So i arrived at the conclusion that travelling alone (and in bad company) sucks. I say it because random trips to the city pool in school were way more fulfilling that feeling important because your passport got stamps and you gutted thousands of dollars in flighrs and hostels.
I tried all i could think of, but seems like it just doesn't work out if you are not the sort of person that is happy to get the experience of getting shitfaced and puking on someone in clubs across the continents.
Funny thing is that i still feel the desire to travel even though I'm going to yet again be disappointed because it's either going alone or not going at all because everyone has a live of their own.
Anyone has had similar experiences? How do you cope with it?
>>
>>1254655
That's entirely your fault for:
a. Not having friends
b. Being incapable of making friends

>So i arrived at the conclusion that travelling alone (and in bad company) sucks
>and in bad company
NO SHIT!
>>
All of the reasons you listed is the big reasons why people travel, culture, history and meeting new people

I am sorry you are unable to enjoy traveling alone but it sounds like you're the problem here mate.
>>
>>just find something to do that interests you
>Nature? The andes feel as exciting as my backyard.
Cool backyard. I live far away from the mountains and the sea, so seeing either on my travels always makes me happy.
>History? Who the fuck travels for that? .
Seeing old shit, especially when it isn't like what we have at home, is something I enjoy.
>Culture? Rotting away in a museum or theater may make you feel smart but not entertained in the slightest.
Your mileage obviously varies from mine, and many others'.
>Meeting locals? Same problem as with the normie tourists + language gap.
Socially capable human beings are able to bridge that gap, and have meaningful interaction with others.

I just think it's you, mate.
>>
I seriously could travel alone all my life, if I had the money. Travelling with people is risky: the kind of people who aren't afraid of adventure, improvisation and weather are very rare; most people complain all day long and just want to get cabs/buses/hotels and only see touristic sites with no attention left for culture and the locals whatsoever.
I pity people who can't enjoy travelling alone.
>>
>>1254710
I agree with this, but also i personally prefer to hookup with local girls where ever i go. In fact, as a rule i always arrange the meetups before i even go there.
It's nice having a guaranteed chick to bang every night, and someone that speaks the language and can show you around to the real parts of the country, as opposed to cheesy tourist traps.
>>
>>1254702
>>1254707
>you are the problem
Never meant to say i wasn't or tried to excuse my own faults, no one is going to wait a month to become friends with someone slow to make friends like me and it's all my fault because the things that make me happier are the opposite of what travelling gives me. I was just venting, trying to see if i wasn't the only one, and if so see "how they cope". Because in this board the great majority seems to think the opposite way (and it's okay, I'm the weird one).

Changing the question a bit, do you guys think that some people just aren't meant to enjoy travelling?
>>
>>1254809
>do you guys think that some people just aren't meant to enjoy travelling?
or is it just that they haven't found the "right" way to travel? *
>>
>>1254655
Any travelling sucks, in fact. It's hyped and romanticized by media as something exiting but it's really a dumb, exhausting money sucking experience. So people socialize to forget they are travelling.

It's like coke: it tastes like shit, but if it's ice cold, it numbs your tongue receptors and you can drink it.
>>
File: sexabroad.jpg (52KB, 782x528px) Image search: [Google]
sexabroad.jpg
52KB, 782x528px
>>1254748
That's actually pretty cool, I should try it out. But never forget:
>>
>>1254748
I usually use couchsurfing. Had some nice sexual encounters thanks to cs.
>>
>>1254655
Dude it just sounds like you don't like travelling. If the only point for you is being in good company you can perfectly do that in your hometown, I really don't get what advice this board could give you.

Props for trying though
>>
>>1254655
You sound like an insufferable, childish asshole. No wonder no one likes you.
>>
>>1254655
This is a nice bait thread, I give you a 8/10 for lenght and originality.

I forecast many (You)s and plenty of jimmies to be rustled ITT
>>
>>1254748
>couple accepts to host me for a night
>the guy spends the evening and night with his parents
>she tries to hook up with me
>can't do it because religion
>constantly bring up her bf to dissuade her
>she still wants it
Starting to get a bit tired of this desu

>>1254811
>exhausting
Sorry to hear you can't walk 20+km a day under the sun with 2 fully loaded backpacks. I know it looks autistic and cheap but I don't want to buy one of those fancy backpacks because
>money sucking

>tfw hitchhiking
>tfw camping
>tfw couchsurfing
>tfw getting stuff unsold fresh veggies in markets
>tfw meeting locals and getting invited to sleep or getting offered food
git gud, scrub.

>So people socialize to forget they are travelling
Confirmed for not knowing shit about travelling.
>>
>>1254655
Maybe anime is more your thing.
>>
>>1255135
Look out, guys. We got a Real Travelerâ„¢ here. Lucky for us he graced this thread
>>
>>1254655

Buddy, traveling solves nothing. Everywhere is the same.
>>
>>1254655
this

especially after traveling for a long time, when the novelty of getting drunk with normie tourists wears off you're really not left with much

locals live on a different schedule to you, are always working; often not welcoming in many regions and hard to have a conversation with

in regions without pet cats, I really struggle
>>
>>1256112
>especially after traveling for a long time, when the novelty of getting drunk with normie tourists wears off you're really not left with much
How about finding people to trek around with... that was basically 75% of my last trip of 5 months

>locals live on a different schedule to you, are always working; often not welcoming in many regions and hard to have a conversation with
Yes, for them it's just another day in their normal life.. but locals also go out for their entertainment. They go to bars for a drink, go to malls to hang with friends or eat.
You don't have to stick to them 24/7, no-one likes that.

>in regions without pet cats, I really struggle
anon....
>>
Is there like some website where people are looking for travelmates?

I wanna travel and am really interested when I visit places, but going completely solo is mostly a bridge too far for me :(
>>
>>1256395
Not that I know of, but you could
>Stay in a social hostel
>Download tinder and set up dates with locals before you arrive
>Join social activities that sound interesting or fun, like tours or bar crawls
>Learn to have a good time while alone
>Try not to be autistic and actually force yourself to talk to people
>>
>>1256395
Routard anf VotageForum are french sites where a lot of people look for travel mates and write travel stories. Don't know any English-speaking ones though, sorry
>>
Yeah same here. To the ppl saying "arrange internet dates" places like Thailand and Cuba aren't on Tinder/don't have internet. Locals have absolutely nothing in common with you and see you as a rich alien. Going to clubs alone to buy prostitutes drinks whom I'll also have to pay isn't really my thing. Met some cool people when travelling alone, but the relationships are obviously fleeting. Hostel buddies are cool but then to fuck any girls you have to squeeze into a bathroom or do it in an 8 person bunk. Have had pretty good times booking a private room in a hostel, except if you're trying to bring outside girls back.
>>
>>1256504
No worries mate thanks for the tip

>>1256412
Thanks to you too my friend
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.