[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darien Gap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: darien-indigenous-home-XL.jpg (421KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
darien-indigenous-home-XL.jpg
421KB, 1024x682px
How in the fuck to I cross it /trv?
>>
File: 1402364379615[1].jpg (125KB, 744x597px) Image search: [Google]
1402364379615[1].jpg
125KB, 744x597px
>>
Unless you're a smuggler, or want to run across smugglers, you don't.
>>
>>1254297
[citation needed]
>>
>>1254225
You don't, you take a ferry around it or fly over it.

>Gap's closed
>>
>>1254304
Use me as a citation, I am from El Real and stupid tourist thinking crossing the gap is like going through a hiking trail are such a yearly thing they stationed a senafront group for the sole purpose of catching them before they get lost or kidnapped. Closest you can manage is going through Kuna Yala and finding someone willing to give you a boat ride across the rivers, and even that is dangerous and stupid.

Don't cross the gap, use a ferry, fly, or learn "por favor, no tengo dinero, no usen mi culo mas".
>>
Everyone saying use the ferry needs to know that there is not one operating right now.
Not enough profit
You have to ship your car and fly
Total pain in the ass when it should be fucking paved
>>
>>1254357
Well shit.

Any more-or-less regular passenger boat service at all?
>>
>>1254341
>no usen mi culo mas
lel>>1254373

>Any more-or-less regular passenger boat service at all
Last I heard there was a weekly/two-weekly service on the Caribbean side going to Venezuela, but even that was iffy. Might just wanna try your luck by going there. If not, backtrack to the nearest airport, swallow your pride and take a flight. The Gap is not to be Fucked with.
>>
>>1254357
they can't pave it when FARC and smugglers are active inside it
>>
>>1254341
Wow, amazing how we have someone from El Real on /trv/. One of the last villages on the Panamean side of the Panamerican highway. A town with a population of just over a thousand.
>>
File: 1495215742219.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495215742219.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>1254225
I've done it a few times. Just bring a machete and a high powered rifle and you should be ok. You might have to kill a few people, but the guerilla fighters there aren't really that well trained. I went with a party of 6 people, and only two of them died. I would recommend bringing a few other guys with you so that way if you get shot at or a wild animal attacks the odds of you surviving are increased. A good idea would be to hit up a local hostel and grab some overweight backpackers and ask them if they are up for an adventure. You basically want them out of shape enough so they can't outrun you, but in just good enough physical condition to make the hike. Don't bring girls because they panic and that's more trouble than it's worth. You are also going to want to make sure they don't speak any spanish at all, because if they can communicate it's going to be a big problem for you at some point. I guess I should emphasize that you want them to be in good enough shape to make it through the hike too, you really don't want to leave someone behind because they are dehydrated. That's going to weigh on your conscious if it happens.
>>
>>1254357
Why can't you hop on the boat with your car? There have to be boats making the trip, you can always hop on something if you get to the right port.
>>
>>1254509
Actually, last town is yaviza. You can't get to El Real by driving, you need to either go in a piragua, a panga, or fly.
>>
>>1254563
There is no darien gap ferry service at this time.
Even when there has been, its never very stable.
I have been trying to figure a good way to get my overlander van across and there is no easy way to do it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.