[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Amusement Park and Roller Coaster General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: millennium force.jpg (47KB, 736x297px) Image search: [Google]
millennium force.jpg
47KB, 736x297px
Went back to Cedar Point a couple weeks ago (last visited in 2001) and HOLY SHIT it's gotten even awesomer
>>
It's because of their current President, Matt Ouimet. He used to run Disneyland and he has taken a quality over quantity approach, discarding all of the shit rides that were only their solely for coaster count record purposes and replacing them with actual decent ones.
>>
>>1254131
ditching Disaster Transport was a good idea
I think Corkscrew and Iron Dragon are next
>>
bumping for the glory that is roller coasters
>>
Speaking of Cedar Point, anyone here ever been to Kings Island? I live near it, I want to know what one time visitors think.
>>
>>1255159
Never been there, but it's similar to Cedar Point (Cedar Point owns it now). Definitely looks like a cool place if you live near it, but if I'm visiting that part of the country, I want to go to the best option (Cedar Point).
>>
I moved to ohio awhile ago and I didn't realize cedar point was so near me. I'm definitely planning on going now, any advice? Whats the least busy day? just weekdays late in august I assume? Can you hit every ride in one day? any cedar point advice??
>>
>>1255175
me and a friend just went on a Mon/Tues a couple weeks ago, under the assumption that since school was in session, it shouldn't be that bad yet
Naturally, the days we were there ended up being chock-full of high schoolers on organized school trips, but it still wasn't bad
we managed to hit every roller coaster on the first day except the mine train one, and didn't wait in any line longer than 45 mins
beware the Top Thrill Dragster, it goes down a bit too often with mechanical problems; we had to take two tries at the line before we got a ride
>>
>>1255175
can't truly speak to the weekdays, but I'm told the weekends in August are the absolute worst time to visit, very crowded
>>
>>1255159
last time I went to Kings Island it was still Paramount Kings Island (pre-Cedar Fair)
It was good back then, probably only behind Cedar Point and Disneyworld in terms of amusement parks I've visited
>>
Remember that the ninja in six flags St. Louis sucks
>>
>>1255284
it's a good coaster, but the restraints are old, and pretty crap
you just have to make sure not to let your head bang against the restraints as you go
>>
>>1255175
>Can you hit every ride in one day?

On my high school senior trip in 2001, I rode all of the roller coasters there at that time except for the smallest one, which has a height max limit (there were 14 total then, iirc), plus Power Tower and Demon Drop (the latter is no longer there). I was and still am mostly a loner and did all of this by myself, which gave me 100% control of my riding agenda. That's probably the only way you could do everything in one day.
>>
>>1255284
It's because Ninja is an old Arrow Dynamics model, which were designed before you could model everything on computers. Virtually all of the steel coasters made prior to 1990 that go above 40 mph are rough affairs.
>>
>>1255482
RIP Demon Drop
>>
>>1255502
It wasn't scrapped; it was just moved to Dorney Park in PA, a sister park of Cedar Point.
>>
>>1255159
Just went for the first time in over ten years this past weekend. I didn't get to in on everything but it's a lot of fun and worth a trip.
>>
>>1254150
i work there, i'm thinking mine ride
>>
>>1256480
>i'm thinking mine ride
Only reason that thing's still around is because it's the oldest steel coaster in the park. "Muh historical attraction", etc. I do agree that it sucks, though. They should replace it with a more modern mine train like the Mystery Mine coaster in Dollywood built by Gerstlauer. Cedar Point doesn't have a coaster from them yet, and they are one of the newer coaster makers..
>>
>>1256563
Blue Streak is the oldest coaster in the park and it's still a worthy ride, better than Corkscrew

Also doesn't hurt that the line is usually 5 minutes long
>>
>>1256670
>>1256563
>>1256480
As sad as it is to say, it's probably also time to retire or overhaul Gemini. They were only running the one train all day when I last went, and the line was almost nothing
>>
>>1256670
Definitely keep Blue Streak, as it has "dat classic look" and gives the park street cred in terms of having one really old coaster (50+ years old) in its collection.
>>
https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/870777097031229442
>>
File: IMAG0801.jpg (5MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0801.jpg
5MB, 5376x3024px
On a separate subject, I got to visit both Fuji-Q Highland and Nagashima Spaland while I was in Japan a couple months ago.

Eejanaika seemed fine on the first ride, not rough at all, second ride on it (on the opposite side of the car) was rough as hell and the rotation was slightly nauseating.

Fujiyama was pretty fun, Dodonpa was closed for some major construction, and Takabisha wasn't nearly as rough as I was expecting it to be.

For Nagashima, Steel Dragon 2k was amazing and without a doubt my favorite coaster so far, though I haven't been to any of the great American coaster parks. They had a bunch of small steel coasters to pad the count as well, but their wooden coaster was massive and a ton of fun. They also had a new coaster, kind of similar to Eejanaika, called Arashi. It was even more nauseating than Eejanaika, though in a kind of a good way if that makes any sense.
>>
>>1258486
whichever coaster you've got pictured here, I hate this kind
the spinning is 120% nauseating
>>
>>1258630
That's Arashi.
>>
Amusement Park and Theme Park Discord

https://discord.gg/w4wKWG7
>>
I was thinking of taking a weekend trip to Cedar Point with my wife this summer. I've never been, but heard it's good and we both like roller coasters. I take it from the consensus in this thread it'd be worth it?
>>
>>1259344
>I was thinking of taking a weekend trip to Cedar Point with my wife this summer. I've never been, but heard it's good and we both like roller coasters. I take it from the consensus in this thread it'd be worth it?
Cedar Point is worth it for traditional park fans. It's highly rated. Whether summer is ideal, I don't know. Kids out of school usually means more lines, more heat, and a bigger need to buy and chain drink expensive beverages all day.

Prettiest landscaping and layout in a park in America? Full of cutesy couple-y hotels and romantic B&Bs? Williamsburgs Busch Gardens.
>>
>>1259351
summer volumes will definitely be higher, but it should still be fine as long as you don't go on a Saturday
If you stay at a hotel property (or have season tix) you can get in an hour early. Only some of the rides will be operating, but take full advantage of the extra time
>>
>>1259452
>>1259351
oh, and BRING SUNSCREEN
went on a 65 degree day in May, still managed a fabulous sunburn after spending the whole day outside
>>
>>1254112
If anyone has been on spinsanity in six flags st. louis. , how exciting is it?
>>
six flags great adventure is a great park with great rides but the crowd sucks.

at least as of my last trip in 2013 the people there got a lot better in keeping an eye for line cutters though.
>>
>>1259603
haven't been to Six Flags STL yet this year, but it's just a standard Disko, right?
>>
>>1259613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJcwWl94Xk8
>>
>>1258486
Fujiyama is one of the best roller coasters I've ever been on
>>
>>1259828
yep
>>
>>1254112
Can someone tell me why grown men ride Roller Coasters and go to Amusement Parks? Or are you all still Teens?
>>
>>1260027
lowqualitybait.bmp
>>
File: anime girl aggravated.gif (277KB, 500x601px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl aggravated.gif
277KB, 500x601px
>>1260027
I know it's (probably) bait, but I rage'd anyways
>>
>>1260086
>>1260162
Not even baiting. I'm just seriously not interested in that stuff since I'm 14. And I know nobody who is.
>>
>>1260308
Taking up an interest in roller coasters isn't that bad when you consider that it's a whole lot better than taking an interest in heroin, for instance. It's not harming or corrupting yourself or anyone else, so who cares.
>>
>>1260308
>not enjoying gravity assisted high speed

I'm sorry your life sucks anon.
>>
Busch gardens power rankings:

1. Tampa
2. Williamsburg
>>
>>1260347
The one in Tampa is not in the best neighborhood. On the brightside, you get a more authentic experience in the park with its whole African theme and all.
>>
File: the time has come and so have i.jpg (32KB, 403x384px) Image search: [Google]
the time has come and so have i.jpg
32KB, 403x384px
>mfw I went to Cedar Point for the first time
makes my local Six Flags look like an outhouse by comparison
>>
So I'm planning to fly up to Ohio to visit Cedar Point. Tentative plan is fly out on a Saturday morning, drop shit at hotel, then drive to the park and spend the afternoon/evening there until 10-11 PM. Is this a decent way to avoid crowds, or should I come out the night before and ge there when they open? Timefrime would be a weekend in august/sept when they're open till midnight on Saturday.
>>
>>1261469
Saturday during the day is the park's busiest time, especially during summer; going for an "After 4" ticket that day isn't a bad idea

really really recommend not going on a weekend though
>>
>>1261519
I wish I could, but unfortunately I can't. I already burned all my PTO and then some on a trip to Japan earlier this year. So its weekend or nothing for me, unless I do Labor Day sunday and I don't think that will be any better.
>>
Question. Does Cedar Point charge you for each ride, or is it just the park entrance fee? I don't see any pricing information on their website other than park entrance, but I do see a park and ride package for $20 more. Would that be worth it if all I'm riding is coasters?
>>
>>1262011
With the exception of that bungee-fling "ride" there's no additional charge for any of the rides

Post details of the package?
>>
>>1262217
Pardon me I'm retarded and didn't finish reading it. It was the Ride & Refresh package with unlimited drinks.
>>
>>1262222
Refresh is sooooooo worth it
You can get drinks just about everywhere, and you'll want it so bad on a warm day
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.