[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany + BeNe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: Germany plus Bene(Lux).png (695KB, 924x671px) Image search: [Google]
Germany plus Bene(Lux).png
695KB, 924x671px
Greetings /trv/,
I'm planning a 35-day backpacking through Germany, Belgium and Netherlands and I create this route
Amsterdam - 4 days (only of those cities I know, I've been in Rijksmuseum, van Gogh museum, rode a bike, went to rld and lold shroom lmao, but I'll cross the Atlantic and I'll suffer from jet-lag)
Hague - 2 days
Rotterdam - 2 days
Antwerp - 2 days
Ghent-Bruges - 3 days
Brussels - 2 days
Maastricht-Liège-Aachen - 3 days
Bonn - 2 days
Cologne - 3 days
Düsseldorf - 2 days
Hannover - 3 days
Hamburg-Lübeck - 4 days
Bremen - 3 days
A long time ago I made a thread about Blue Banana and many people made repairs about Belgian leg, butI remember only about "stay only 2 days max in Brussels". I'm open for suggestions.
>>
>>1253927
What is your question? I'm dutch, this trip looks good.
>>
>>1253927
I hope you'll visit ALL the breweries.
>>
>>1253927
I wouldn't agree with the 2 days in Brussel limit. If you like beer and nice places to drink it, you won't be bored in that city. Good museums too, and the cathedral is one of my favorites.

Otherwise, perhaps a bit too much time in Holland, but great plan, senpai.
>>
>>1253927
Be sure to drink Boon Marriage Parfait Kriek lambic at 'T Brugse Beertje when you're in Bruges.
>>
File: 5474.jpg (36KB, 514x684px) Image search: [Google]
5474.jpg
36KB, 514x684px
>>1253927
Route looks ambitious.
City hopping every two days including getting to the place, settle in at accommodation, food, find touristic site, sleep. If you subtract that from the 48h total, not much time left for the actual destination.

But hey, at least you can say you were there.
>>
love it, I went to Eindhoven last year and it's pretty nice, but i see it's off route for you.
I stayed at a camping in Grimbergen, a town north of Bruxelles, there's the Maes brewery if i'm not wrong.
>>
>>1253927
quite ambitious indeed.
I recommend smaller placed instead of the megacities:

Swap Rotterdam for Delft
For beer, add Leuven
Skip Düsseldorf for Münster
Add Luneburgo -> Lübeck -> Hamburg
>>
>>1253965
Swap both the hague and rotterdam for Delft, its 15 minutes inbetween either city. Stay there longer and explore both cities from there. Its all one conurbation anyway.
>>
>>1253927
There is nothing in Hannover. Why do you want to go there?
>>
>>1253974
I second this. If you like art, go to Kassel instead. Documenta is on all summer.
>>
>>1253927
Amsterdam sucks balls and is a tourist trap. Go to Haarlem/Utrecht/Leiden for a more authentic and nicer visit.

Rotterdam is a harbor city, and i think it sucks.

Brussels is a huge shithole, do bother going there unless its driving through the place.

Amsterdam-Bremen, might be nice to visit Groningen if you are going by car. Drive over "de afsluitdijk" which is a water-work marvel. Leeuwarden is also nice to visit.

Also buy/rend a car for the trip for maximum fun
>>
Just here to say, don't skip Rotterdam, I really liked it, its not very similar to Amsterdam, is not very touristy. But I liked the brutalist architecture and the weed was a lot cheaper than Amsterdam.
>>
>>1254834
I'd agree that Brussel is a shithole but the touristic areas are still pretty decent
If you don't know French or arabic you're fucked though
>>
I'd limit Brussel to a day, but then again I'm from the area. It's never really impressed me. As other anons have said, another day in Gent or Leuven might treat you right.
>>
File: 1480995835755.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480995835755.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>1253969
I go to Rotterdam this week end. What is interesting to do there? I like weird places, noise music things like that...

Is there anarchist/artist squat anybody knows?
>>
>>1253927
I am Belgian. Brussels is a shithole. Ghent and Bruges are by far the best cities to visit. Ghent, Leuven and Antwerp have the best nightlife
>>
>>1253930
> a bit too much time in Holland
there's no such thing
>>
What to do in Hamburg?
>>
>>1255339
Miniatur Wunderland.
>>
>>1253927
Either skip Rotterdam or combine it with Den Haag for 2 days instead of 2 for both. Also put fucking Utrecht in there, it's like Amsterdam without the tourists
>>
Unless you really like visiting loads of ''different'' places, there are too many cities on there. I put different between quotation marks because most of the time the experience wont be that much different. Definitely drop The Hague. I think if you've seen Amsterdam and Rotterdam you've seen pretty much all The Netherlands has to offer.

However, like others said, Amsterdam's city center is basically disneyland, it's touristy as fuck. For a more authentic experience, go to Utrecht (I study there), Haarlem, Leiden (I live there), or maybe Delft (used to study there). All have small city centers that you could easily do on a day trip.

Rotterdam is nice because it's city center was bombed during WW2, meaning it now has a more modern vibe to it. In all other popular Dutch cities you'll have your canals, your typical Dutch houses, your squares with terraces, parks, old churches and all that shit. Rotterdam has some of that as well but not as prominently, but theres always lots of things going on in Rotterdam whenever I'm there, you won't be bored.

Being Dutch that's about all I can say. One more thing: for all the places you plan to stay 2 days/1 night, you might wanna consider only visiting them for one day while staying somewhere else. It's really easy to go from city to city using public transport, and it'll save you the hassle of packing/unpakcing your shit, checking in and out of hostels and all that.
>>
>>1255622
> I think if you've seen Amsterdam and Rotterdam you've seen pretty much all The Netherlands has to offer.

Do us all a favor and don't think too much. I don't often see people go full retard on /trv, but you just did. Gefeliciteerd.
>>
>>1255623
Lol don't get too upset. What other places would you recommend him to visit then?
>>
>>1255624
I got triggered quite badly by that remark. Anyway, rotterdam, amsterdam, and the hague are probably the worst examples of what The Netherlands is actually like. Great cities no doubt, but loaded with expats, tourists, immigrants. Creating a great atmosphere, but not necessarily great examples of what most of The Netherlands is really like.

You already pointed out good alternatives yourself. Delft, Utrecht. Dunno what OPs interests are, but getting out of de Randstad might be a good idea, and since distances are short you can don't really need to move from your hostel. Visit one of the hanzesteden. Deventer or Zutphen. Maybe visit Nijmegen, cheapest terras prices and fuckable students. Visit a fort of the Hollandse Waterlinie and get a feel of the Dutch Polder landscape. So many things to do besides the main cities.

I would avoid Amsterdam at all costs, especially since OP has already been there in the past.
>>
Adam is the most overrated destination of all times.
It is by far one of the shitiest places ive been to (4 times nonetheless) its a huge meme because americans and all 3rd world think they can finally smoke a joint.
Newsflash, there is an abundance of weed in pretty much every european city. Besides i never really was a fan of stoner culture. The food joints are owned by arabs/turks/kurds, the city is drowning in tourists and actually has horrible nightlife.

You are better off skipping kankerland alltogether.
>>
>>1255627
Fair point. I wrote my post from the assumption that it's gonna be his first and only time in our country, in which case I'd always recommend Amsterdam and Rotterdam, or any of the other cities if you want to avoid tourism. Especially being there for only a couple of days. If you've been there and done that, then sure, there are other places that have a different atmoshpere and are probably more authentic, but I don't think they are necessarily interesting to visit on a trip like this. If you've seen one old Dutch city center, you've pretty much seen all of them (from a tourist's POV). That was the idea behind my remark.

I missed the fact that OP has already been in Amsterdam, so in that case I definitely recommend him to not stay there and go to Utrecht for example. Unless he really likes Amsterdam.

I do think checking out the polder landscape is a nice one, bc thats pretty unique to The Netherlands and is a great example of how we manage to live surrounded by water/below sea level.
>>
File: Germany plus Bene(Lux).png (842KB, 1261x801px) Image search: [Google]
Germany plus Bene(Lux).png
842KB, 1261x801px
OP here. Thank you for all suggestions.
My trip would start in Amsterdam, but I can begin also in Brussels, Hamburg or Düsseldorf. In any case, I must add one day in the chosen city due to jet lag.
As I said, I've been yet in Amsterdam and I did the following touristical stuff: a) I rented and rode a bike through the city; b) I've been in Rijksmuseum; c) I've been in Van Gogh museum; d) I've fucked a hooker in RLD; e) I've got high with shrooms. I think my only interests in Amsterdam are going to Rembrant Museum and maybe going again in Rijksmuseum. For obvious reasons I will not use RLD again, neither I know yet if I'll try pot (and even if I do, it doesn't need to be there)
>>1253942
I partially agree with you. While there are many cities, I believe that at least Dutch and Belgian cities (plus Cologne and Bonn) are close to each other. For having an idea, the commute from my home to my work lasts 1h (30km, subway + car).
Here is the uptadted, still considering the beginning in Amsterdam:
Amsterdam - 3 days
Delft + Hague (want to see International Court of Justice and Escher Museum) - 2 days
Rotterdam - 2 days
Antwerp - 2 days (should I keep Antwerp?)
Ghent-Bruges - 3 days
Brussels - 2 days (is Brussels Zagreb-tier?)
Leuven - 1 day
Maastricht-Liège-Aachen - 3 days
Bonn - 2 days
Cologne - 3 days (obs: should I stay 4, being 1 a day trip to Bonn/Düsseldorf or this city is worth itself a visit?)
Düsseldorf - 2 days
Hannover - 3 days
Hamburg-Lübeck - 4 days
Bremen - 3 days
>>
>>1255711
Never been to Zagreb, but Brussels is actually a nice place to visit as a tourist. Great museums, awesome restaurants and beer bars, the town square is wonderful. It's not a place to spend 3 weeks, but for a citytrip it's nice. I went to a really nice club there too, but can't remember the name.

I almost fell for the Ghent meme someone here keeps pushing but I'm glad I didn't. I kept my trip at 3 days Brussels - 2 days Ghent. Ghent's old center is pretty, but you can basically see the good parts in an hour.
>>
>>1255711
Brussels is just absolute shite. Go to the Grande Place, la Monnaie, la Bourse and the Zavel and you've seen it. Ieper and it's surroundings, near the border with France, is really nice too if you're into WW1 history.
>>
>>1255721
>Ghent

One hour is exaggerated. You'll need more if you want to visit the castle and climb the Belfort.
>>
>>1255709

Interesting!
>>
>>1255711
>Bremen
The train station is pretty cool.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.