[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anons, based on my places of choice to travel, cpuld you give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1494522159728.jpg (371KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1494522159728.jpg
371KB, 1440x960px
Anons, based on my places of choice to travel, cpuld you give me more recommendations?

Tokyo, Japan (tbd)
Athens, Greece (tbd)
Tucson, AZ, USA (tbd)
Phuket+BKK, Thailand (have been twice)
N/A, Puerto Rico (tbd)
>>
>>1253721
>Tucson, AZ, USA (tbd)
Don't go here, Phoenix is as far south as you want to go generally. Everything fun is in the north and north west of Phoenix. Aside from like 2 indian sites nothing really to do in Tuscon other than get mugged by mexicans.
>>
>>1253724
I don't get it. somebody in the last thread recommended it to me. And I'm not the "get mugged" type so its not a fear of mine.
What about Sedona?
>>
File: hero-sedona-main.jpg (886KB, 1344x696px) Image search: [Google]
hero-sedona-main.jpg
886KB, 1344x696px
>>1253729
Sedona is great lazy river is fun to float down in the summer see some ho, flagstaff is great, Tuscon is horrible the roads, people, and food is all crap. It's only plus is that it is dirt cheap, that person must have been trolling you, or has never spent more than a few hours there. I live in Phoenix and can telly you the north/northwest have the best parts of the state.

You can
>go inside an old valcano
>see sedona(pic extremely related)
>get cool native american food
>flagstaff obversatory
>skii'ing in the winter is best around
>meteor crater
>lazy river
>some really old towns
>>
>>1253733
I can't explain what exactly i'm looking for.. but its this old late 80's early 90's aesthetic of america where im in a city/town but can see mountains and desert in the background, mexican influence optional, with a lake/river nearby.. just somethong about nostalgia from watching old movies/reality shows on tv makes me yearn for such a place
>>
>>1253734
Then Northern arizona is what you want. Unless you go to scottsdale you'll see a mexican influence everywhere. You can always see a mountain in Phoenix since it is in a valley.
>>
>>1253735
absolutely grateful for you input, anon. You're a great guy.
>>
File: whitetucson.jpg (576KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
whitetucson.jpg
576KB, 1536x1024px
>>1253733
>Tucson food is crap
>when it was just designated a World Gastronomy City by UNESCO

I know I'm the guy OP is talking about because he posted the picture I used.

I was born and raised in Tucson and now live in Flagstaff, all of your points about the northern area are valid but there is nothing wrong with the southern part of the state besudes a relative lack of water compare to the area around Phoenix.

>old towns like Bisbee, Patagonia, Tombstone
>Superb scenery around Sonoita and in the mountains
>Kartchner caverns
>Architectural stuff like San Xavier Mission, most of downtown Bisbee,
>Biosphere 2 outside Tucson
>Kitt peak telescopes also outside Tucson
>Saguaro natl park, Organ pipe natl monument, Chiricahua natl monument, etc
>>
>>1253746
I think all of Arizona would make a nice trio to be honest. it sounds beautiful and like my definition of "comfy".
>>
>>1253733
>>1253746
Beautiful pictures. Love from Europe <3
>>
>>1253721
Athens:
- Akropilos
- Stadium https://youtu.be/bITC4OcdgUI
- The temple of Zeus
- Changing of the guards at the parlament. There are currently protests around the building but maybe you get a chance https://youtu.be/hY88DIssAGU
- The olympia park 2004 (which is abandoned)
- Weekend markets with artists https://youtu.be/0Em6soMELS0
>>
>>1253781
Thank you, anon. greatly appreciated
>>
I've also recommended northern AZ since you've got Sedona, Flagstaff, volcanoes, and the crater all in one small area. But it is not the desert. It's very different.

The Phoenix area and further South is probably out of the way for some, but is great as well. PHX is getting some fantastic food lately, as another said, mountains everywhere. There are some easy hikes/drives to get a nice view. I like getting close to the Superstition mountains, it's clean, peaceful, love the moonrise there. A hidden gem is driving through the Bush Highway when the light is low to light up all the mountains. Short easy drive and you can visit lakes and Fountain Hills which has another great view. It's hard to forget the beauty of Sonoita during the sunset.
>>
I've lived in Phoenix all my life except for the time that I attend the University of Arizona in Tucson.

Tucson has
- great Mexican food
- Kitt Peak Observatory
- Tombstone, AZ (day trip)
- Kartchner Caverns (highly recommended)
- great hiking in the Santa Catalina Mountain range about 5-6 North of UA campus
- UA campus, actually nice campus to walk around if it's not too hot out
- revitalized downtown, basically happened after I moved away so I don't have downtown recommendations
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.