[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Study shows 65% of airplane crashes are due to customers not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
So i read here http://www.123helpme.com/preview.asp?id=50246
that a majority of airplane crashes are due to customers not using airplane mode. How long will it be until something is done. Terrorists could sneak Bluetooth enabled phones onto planes, as a fellow traveler this is really scary.
>>
>>1253313
Bullshit
>>
>>1253315
did you even read the papper bro, u think im making this shit up?
>>
Phone signals just fuck with the radio the pilot can still manually fly the plane
>>
>>1253313
>he doesn't use 4g at 30,000 ft.
Pleb plan
>>
If your plane can be brought down by a fucking device that everyone in the first world owns then maybe you should be designing better planes.
>>
>>1253335
>Hey guys I'm some guy from 4chan thought I'd offer some advice BUILD BETTER PLANES right guys? I mean I'm some anon that certainly knows better than 100,000s of engineers designing aircrafts for over a century that have dozens of oversight committees that dedicate themselves to aviation safety.
>>
>>1253342
>aerospace engineers
>competent
Lol, all the good ones are too expensive, so let's just have Pajeet do it

t. aerospace engineer
>>
>>1253435

Yeah that's fucked. Our national carrier here in australia tried to move maintenance to china, thank fuck the trade unions are so strong (transport one anyway - normally I hate these cunts but for once they did something right) threatened to slash & burn if they tried that, or simply not certify airworthiness in a form of rolling strike.
>>
>>1253313
>Study shows 65% of airplane crashes are due to customers not using Airplane mode

Clickbait bullshit equal to "driving behind an 18 wheeler will give you CANCER! Find out how to avoid it in this one simple trick!"

Corrilation =! cause, chances are SOME people didn't have it in airplane mode doesn't mean it was the cause. With the amount of crashes and the investigations done on crashes, if 65% were caused by this then the planes would come on with an alarm letting them know if something was not in airplane mode.
>>1253323
This, seriously if cell waves were an actual issue airports would have to be in dessolet places. You really think with how close planes are to airports and cities cell resecption isn't passing through them all the time?
>>
>>1253313
I'm kind of weirded out when I think about how people used to smoke on planes.
>>
>>1253569
I always get confused about bathrooms with ashtrays and no smoking signs. Are they just a relic nobody bothered removing?
>>
>>1253315
>>1253323
>>1253335
>>1253435
>>1253452
Jesus fucking Christ is every here a <60 IQ subhuman? How could anyone possibly be this stupid?

It's a fucking satire article you dimwits. If you even 1% thought that an airplane could be affected by a mobile phone you are a moron. OP can't even joke with you guys because you'll take it as factual news and nitpick the details.
>>
>>1253597
With how stupid some threads and posts are on this board you can't blame people for thinking OP actually believes that shit
>>
>>1253571
Pilotfag reporting in...

The ashtrays are still there because some faggot will always smoke in the lavatory and the worst thing that retard could do is throw his cigaret into the paper bin.
It's a dangerous fire hazard that might go unnoticed until the entire bathroom is on fire and might fuck your entire plane up.
So it's better to install ashtrays just to minimize the chance of the drunk lad burning down a entire 777 by accident.
>>
>>1253643
How much do you make?

Heard that career path is hell. Huge student loan debt and hours and hours of flight time required just to get on a 3 hr route.
>>
>>1253643
Do people actually sneak into the lav and smoke? I figured all the no smoking signs and warnings and shit plastered everywhere were just a relic from when smoking was first banned. I would think people would know not to do that by now.
>>
>>1253740
I dontk ow what you mean. It is stressful, but everything was for free. I am European. :)
>>
>>1253743
>Do people actually sneak into the lav and smoke? I figured all the no smoking signs and warnings and shit plastered everywhere were just a relic from when smoking was first banned. I would think people would know not to do that by now.
Most people think that the rules only apply to other people and aren't that important anyway.

Smokers are addicts, addicts do not think about consequences because they are no longer entirely in control of their actions.

Put the two together and smokers are always smoking places that they're not supposed to. I walked into a doctor's conference room the other day in a hospital ward, and it was full of smoke from three fucking doctors who were smoking because they couldn't be bothered taking the elevator to the ground floor and stepping outside.
>>
File: 309736_v1.jpg (409KB, 610x511px) Image search: [Google]
309736_v1.jpg
409KB, 610x511px
>>1253313
Not true. Not even remotely true.

Most crashes are due to a combination of factors, it actually takes a lot to down an aircraft due to the intense safety factors.

Most are the result of human factors (communication errors, improper decision making, fatigue, amd weather often plays a factor)

The banning of electronic devices is done out of an over-abundance of caution and the fact that its impractical to test every device on every system.

However, a white hat hacker was able to breach inflight wifi and use it to send messages to the flight control system.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/17/us/fbi-hacker-flight-computer-systems/
>>
>>1253313
>be me
>chinese plane
>several hundred chinese people on smartphones
>flight attendant meekly asks them to put them away, one by one
>as soon as she walks ten steps they are back on phones

lucky aircraft cabins are actually shielded, advanced avionics isn't interfered with by mobile satellite signals, and believe it or not you can actually fly and land a plane without any coms at all...as was done since planes were invented
>>
>>1253740
US Airline Management Fag here. The much touted pilot shortage that I've been hearing about since the 90s has finally arrived. (911 delayed it a bit, plus additional regs after the Colgan crash)

Its a grind to get an Airline Transport license, but First Officers are now getting hired with ridiculously low hours to keep the pipeline flowing from flight schools to regionals to major carriers.

The quality of life is not great, and it's a huge upfront investment to get basic certification to be qualified to be hired at a regional airline, but companies are more and more desperate to help you foot the bill for education. Commercial aviation is at an all time high, but limited by crew resources.

Just google "pilot gateway programs" but I have to warn you, the job is boring as shit, so you really have to love to fly to tolerate the job.
>>
File: flap flap flap.png (304KB, 421x324px) Image search: [Google]
flap flap flap.png
304KB, 421x324px
>>1254468
>>1254469
>>1253604
Pic related, these planes are put through very extreme safety tests. your wifi signal isn't going to do anything
>>
>>1253643

This, a drunk bloke here in the UK got 9 years in prison for throwing a not fully extinguished cigarette in the paper bin. He only got 4.5 years originally but they doubled it because it was seen as too lenient.

Guy's ruined his life.
>>
>>1253318
>papper
lol'd harder than I should have
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.