[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLEASE CHANGE THE STICKY PICTURE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

Kind of a small thing, but can we please get the picture of the stickied post fucking changed? I'm so sick of Carl Sagan's mug it's such an eyesore... I'd say half a fucking decade is a good enough run for the pic. Please? Mods? Janitor? Does /trv/ even have mods? Just something innocuous like a picture of the Earth would be nice...
>>
>>1252898
Fuck you, anon. Carl Sagan is the shit.
>>
>>1252898
There is a way to request things of the mods.
Protip: Posting it in a thread is not it.
>>
>>1252898
I am indifferent to Carl Sagan's face but agree that the earth would be more in keeping with the theme of the board.
>>
>>1252898
Fuck off faggoo. Carls funny face makes me happy when I come here.
>>
>>1252898
it's comfy
>>
>>1252898
But they should keep the quote in the pic
>>
>>1252898
I have no problems whatsoever with Carl Sagan's mug and I actually like the quote.
However I think the sticky should make it known that your threads should include:

>Budget
>Interests
>Days you are spending
>Maybe your age and something about yourself

I'm just so sick of those OH SHIT GUYS I'M IN BARCELONA WHAT DO I DO threads. /trv/ is a slow board and just including some basic info in the OP would make it so much easier for anons to help and give recs.

Apologies for my poor English
>>
>>1252969
>Sup /trv/, first time traveler, I'm planning to walk on my hands across the continent (backwards) and then hitch a boat ride and move to Japan. How do I get laid on a container ship? What should I do once I get there?

The sticky really needs a list of big no-noes. Right at the top, in all caps, so you can see it from the catalog.
With "FUCKING GOOGLE FIRST" taking the first stop.
>>
>>1252983
>FUCKING GOOGLE FIRST
This so fucking much
It's appalling how little research some people do.
>>
>>1252983
>>1252986
>For very general questions, you can get answers faster at other sites. Google is your friend.

If someone is not going to read a sticky, no amount of big red letters is going to help.
>>
Isn't it time to update the sticky in general? A lot of the stuff on there is totally out-of-date.

Why don't we list the websites should be up there on the sticky and ones that should be take down?

I'd suggest numbeo.com should definitely be up there. It's a cost of living comparison site. We often get people asking how much it costs to live in a particular place. Also the In Your Pocket website is excellent for central and eastern European cities, including nightlife and sex tourism. We often get "in Prague/Berlin/Krakow, wot do?" threads that these guides can answer.
>>
>>1253051
We should probably provide links to PUA sites as well.
>>
>>1253052
Nah save that stuff for /adv/ and the angry MRA on /pol/.
>>
File: 1469927526420.jpg (19KB, 255x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469927526420.jpg
19KB, 255x250px
>>1252983
Not going through Afghanistan/Pakistan?
>>
File: 1341268934615.jpg (52KB, 782x528px) Image search: [Google]
1341268934615.jpg
52KB, 782x528px
>>1253052
>We should probably provide links to PUA sites as well.
I think pic related pretty much covers it desu
>>
Unrelated but related, I wish TRV was formatted differently. I'd have a map of the world, then you can click on a country and it takes you to threads of that country. The threads would be in order of updated date. I swear to Jeebus it has always felt like every other TRV thread is about Thailand, Barcelona, or Japan.
>>
>>1253066
The last thing 4chan needs is more generals.
>>
>>1252986
If you think google and travel guides work for traveling you might want to travel a little bit more.
>>
>>1253141
Yes, /trv/ works so much better for "Do I need a visa for Japan", "What should I see in 3 days in Rome", "How much does weed cost in the Netherlands". Every Real Travel with decades of experience under his belt knows these are questions that a 5 second Google search absolutely can't be trusted to answer and should be posed to the great 4chan hivemind instead.
>>
What /trv/ needs is to completely ban all sex tourism discussion, no exceptions
/trv/ quality would increase 100x overnight
>>
File: trv_sticky_proposed_image.jpg (31KB, 520x347px) Image search: [Google]
trv_sticky_proposed_image.jpg
31KB, 520x347px
How about we meet the mods in the middle?
>>
File: trv_logo_2.jpg (74KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
trv_logo_2.jpg
74KB, 720x960px
Or maybe this?
>>
>>1253681
Perfect.
>>
>>1253681
/thread
>>
File: newtrvsticky.jpg (213KB, 690x598px) Image search: [Google]
newtrvsticky.jpg
213KB, 690x598px
Is this going to be a competition?
>>
>>1253770
fits better for /out
>>
File: newtrv2.jpg (907KB, 1500x992px) Image search: [Google]
newtrv2.jpg
907KB, 1500x992px
I'm really bad at ps, but you get the idea.
>>
File: besttrvstcky.jpg (104KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
besttrvstcky.jpg
104KB, 852x480px
come on, /trv. post something!
>>
bumpin' this motherfucker
>>
>>1253147
Yeah but google actually doesn't always work for those questions. Google doesn't have all the answers, and sometimes it provides bad answers. I'm sorry but it's true.

>>1253066
Why do you want /trv/ to be like every other travel forum? There are plenty of other forums where you can get that format, and imo they aren't nearly as good.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.