[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travel Tech thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: travel-gadgets-travel-carry-on.jpg (377KB, 1920x1263px) Image search: [Google]
travel-gadgets-travel-carry-on.jpg
377KB, 1920x1263px
What do you usually take on your travels? I holiday five or six times a year and I always take the following with me.

>my cheap secondary phone (g4play)
>soundmagic earphones
>kindle
>10000 anker powerbank
>fuji x70 camera/no camera if I'm going somewhere a bit rougher.

Anything I should consider? This is pretty much the maximum amount of tech I am willing to take.
>>
>>1252609
>not bringing your 3ds and switch
Lame
>>
File: 4chan.jpg (29KB, 385x442px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.jpg
29KB, 385x442px
>>1252609
my portable gramophone
my laserdisc-player
my Olivetti 31 typewriter
my Nokia 2110
my Kodak No. 2 box camera
some papyrus rolling papers for casual reading
my travel Ansonia Pendulum clock to glance at the time once in a while
>>
File: IMG_6045.jpg (78KB, 582x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6045.jpg
78KB, 582x599px
>>1252609
>>1252609

>enough time & $$$ to holiday 5+ times per year
>still to scared to bring a camera or a real phone
>anything else I should consider?

An oversize black dildo to strap against the shower wall to fuck yourself with, because you are obviously a degenerate faggot.
>>
>>1252609
Not a faggot list:
>Kindle - especially if you are away for 2 or more months (I'm cheap,so I like to spend at least a month away if I'm flying across the world)
>Small camera - used to be a samsung compact, then I got a cheap sony a6000 (/p/ meme, but a good camera, especially for the £200 quid I got it for)
>Shit phone - I keep a really old crappy smart phone for travel; it can use facebook messenger, tinder etc, and I don't have to worry about it breaking
>Cheap headphones - I don't like to waste time listening to music when I'm travelling, so just some cheap ones for flights etc
>>
File: kindle-keyboard-11.jpg (26KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
kindle-keyboard-11.jpg
26KB, 600x442px
>my phone (Galaxy S5 mini)
>kindle keyboard
>Thinkpad 430s
>AKG K450 headphones

The thinkpad is sorta showing its age, though. I'll probably replace it with some light chromebook sometime soon.
>>
>>1252609
>Travel Asus Zenfone 3 Phone (use the camera on the phone for pics)
>credit card sized 2000mah usb charger
>wallet with chain clipped to my pants
>100USD worth of local currency in cash
>passport

Anything else is completely unneeded.
>>
>>1252609
my tech gadget: a neon condom which glows in the dark
>>
>>1253479

So your boyfriend can find his way in while you pretend to be "asleep"?

What tech you bring depends on several things, the type of holiday, how you intend to spend the time, where you will be staying...

If you're just going to be relaxing by the pool at a resort bring a Kindle and an iPhone; travelling between places and doing the tourist thing then a decent camera and maybe even a (small) laptop; staying a in a semi insecure place ie hostel then maybe shit you can carry wherever ie an iPad mini and a mirrorless 4/3 camera.

For me, I devote equal time to drinking beer in the pool / by the ocean and exploring, but stay in decent accommodation, however I don't give a fuck about larping as a photojournalist so it's an iPhone and an iPad mini. I'm considering buying a Mavic drone for exploring places from a different perspective.
>>
>>1252609
For me it really depends upon the trip. If I'm going to be working, which is maybe 1/2 to 1/3 of the time, I bring a laptop. I use a nothing-special Asus Zenbook. If I'm going somewhere especially photogenic, or going for a long time, I will typically bring a camera. I use an entry level DSLR. For trips where photography is going to be a giant part of it, like a safari, I'll include a telephoto lens, but basic gear is usually good enough. I'm not a serious photographer, but I really enjoy taking pictures, and I've gotten some very good results.

I always bring my smartphone. I use a nothing special Samsung Galaxy. This satisfies my day to day internet, email, Google Translate, or GPS needs.

I also use it to make and receive calls, of all the strange things one can do with a phone, although not too often as it can be pretty pricey. On one occasion I've rented a phone locally, when I wanted access to data (roaming data on my phone plan is bizarrely, extremely expensive). I'm traveling for about six weeks this summer, and I may wind up buying a local prepaid phone of some sort, because I think it'll be cheaper.

Finally, I always bring an iPad. Used to always bring it on business trips, because I would use it to Skype or FaceTime with my kids. Now that I'm traveling *with* my kids, there is no substitute for the brain-sucking distraction it can offer on a long, potentially whiny, train, bus, or airplane trip. (Some of my fellow parents judge me for this. I invite them to do so. I also tell them to suck it. An iPad has saved my life on more than one multi-hour flight delay in a poorly equipped airport.

On the off chance that I can get the iPad away from the kids, I also occasionally use it for ebooks or video stuff.
>>
>>1253507
Oh, also have a couple of no-name cheapo, big enough to keep a tablet or phone alive powerbanks. Always bring at least one.
>>
>>1253453
Who are you trying to impress with that attitude? I'm clumsy as fuck. How hard is that to understand.
>>
What I took on my last trip:
>phone
>camera

What I plan on taking for my next trip:
>phone
>a better camera
>spare batteries
>a power bank
>>
>>1253459
>sony a6000
I've been looking for an affordable /trv/ camera, anyone have any suggestions?

Ideally small, cheap, good quality...
>>
>>1255137
A6000 is incidentally the smallest, cheapest camera available that's good.

You can definitely go smaller and cheaper, but then you start making a tremendous sacrifice in quality.

I plan on bringing an A6000 on my next trip precisely because I chose to take a smaller camera on my last trip. When I got home, I was extremely disappointed in how shitty the photos looked. They looked fine in the viewfinder when I was flipping through them during the trip, but once I arrived home and saw them on my monitor, they were shit.
>>
>>1255137
Ricoh GR. Fuck interchangeable lenses, fuck zooming, fuck Sony. I travel with some big SLRs and film cameras, but any time I don't feel like hauling a big heavy camera I take just the GR and I'm never disappointed. It fits in a jacket pocket and it's durable too.
>>
>>1252609
This trip:
- 6 months Australia
- 6 months New Zealand
- ? Months SEA and beyond

Tech I brought:

>>Sony nex 5 camera with just 1 16-55mm lens
>>Sony HDR AS200V action cam
>>Samsung galaxy s5
>>10kmAh powerbank
>>13" HP netbook suitable for photo and video editing
>>Small JBL GO bluetooth speaker
>>Sennheiser earphones

No regrets so far
>>
>>1255192
Whoops fucked up the greentext. But you'll get the idea.
>>
>>1255192
>10kmAh
>ten kilo-milli amp-hours
>(10)(10^3)(10^-3)Ah
>>
I only bring a smartphone and some headphones. I like to read paperbacks and tablets and laptops are not worth the weight for me. Nor do I need them when I travel.
>>
>Google Pixel
>Ricoh GR
>Nikon D700 and a couple of smallish lenses if I want to do some more photography
>Bronica SQ if I really want to do some photography with a big fucking camera
>Kindle or a paperback and headphones for the plane
>Sometimes my laptop

Why would you be afraid to travel with your camera? What the hell do you have a camera for, then? None of my cameras are worth much, if I get robbed then I get robbed, but it's never happened. Just keep it close by and remember backpacks are for stupid tourists.
>>
>Phone w/wallet case
>kindle
>powerbank
>Opinel No.8
>headphones/earbuds

I like headphones on plane/train/bus and earbuds when I'm walking.
>>
It's always the same ready to go kit if I go for a weekend or for 12 months...
>carry-on case with 2 sets of cloths
>phone
>power bank
>credit card and passport
>usually I will find some crappy headphones in my purse so add them...
>>
File: 14523231355462.png (266KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
14523231355462.png
266KB, 500x376px
>>1252609
As far as tech-only goes:

Currently:
>Samsung Galaxy S6 phone (also for pics)
>KR8800 generic chink bluetooth speaker (sounds gr8!)
>shitty 2k power bank

Also have a cheap-ass cell phone (not smart) that I could carry if needed, but I usually buy a local sim card and use it with my main phone.

Want:
>better power bank (20k mAh)
>noise-cancelling compact earphones with a reasonable price (please, Lord)
>probably some kind of e-reader though I get motion sickness if I read while moving
>>
I always take my:
>Ricoh MP C8002SP
>Abru Promaster Box Section Reform Combination Ladder
>A copy of the book in Search of Lost Time
>A Nokia Mobira Senator
>>
>>1255290
>A copy of the book in Search of Lost Time
The entire set? Jeez.
>>
>>1255227
>having somewhere to put stuff is for stupid tourists

That is just ignorant. And what do you take all your gadgets in when you travel?
>>
Phone (S8)
10kish power bank.
Earphones that came with the phone.

Really don't need anything else, my phones camera is good enough for any photo I want to take. The earphones are comfortable and sound nice. I can understand taking a kindle but with a powerbank I really don't need one
>>
>>1255137
Sony A6000 is a very good camera at a good price. (viewfinder ~600 euro new)
If you want cheaper and smaller go for the Olympus E-PL7. (no viewfinder, ~450 euro)
Want just cheaper check out the Canon EOS M3 (~450 euro) or M10 (~300 euro). (no viewfinder in both)
Want better colours go Fuji X-A3 (no viewfinder ~600 euro)) or X-T10 (~700 euro) or X-E2 (~600 euro) (both with viewfinder).
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.