[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curiosity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (64KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 480x480px
people who travel to Tokyo/Japan, what other countries do they visit during their lifetime?
>>
I am confused
Are you implying that once one travels go japan they no longer desire to go anywhere else?
>>
>>1252159
I'm not implying anything, I'm just asking what are other favorite destinations for those who wish to travel to Japan or have already travelled to Japan.
>>
>>1252141
The US coasts, most european capitals, mediterranean and SEA for beaches
>>
>>1252141
Gävle, Sweden - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JZgUR1LLTE
>>
>>1252141
I used to travel alot, but once I started visiting Japan I only ever returned to Japan. Now I live here and am making shitty youtube videos about it... until I can buy a better camera of course..
https://youtu.be/enpuDjiZoC0
>>
>>1252141
I've been to Japan three times in total.

Here is a list of other places I've been:
>USA
>Mexico
>South Korea
>Hong Kong
>Macau

I plan on re-visiting the following:
>Japan
>South Korea
>Hong Kong

And here is a list of places I plan on visiting in the future:
>India
>Nepal
>Bhutan
>Mainland China
>Taiwan
>Singapore
>Malaysia
>Philippines
>Thailand
>Vietnam
>Myanmar
>South Africa
>Lesotho
>Brazil
>Chile

>>1252159
I think the implication is that most young internet users who wish to go to Japan are weebs, and that they generally have no desire to visit any country other than Japan. Plus you see all these Japan shills in threads of similar Asian countries.
>>
>>1252141
I wonder how many weeabs off themselves upon arrival in Japan after realising it isn't the paradise they thought it would be?
>>
>>1252141
I've been to a lot of countries. Japan is awesome and it's a unique place to travel because it has all the infrastructure of a developed country with a unique ancient religion, culture, and language that are still alive. It's also diverse as hell so you won't feel like you've really seen the country if you only travel through one or two provinces. It is still pretty undiscovered as well, with all the information out there, there is tons of stuff there nobody outside the country really understands.

I like spicy food though, so it can't really ever be my go to place.
>>
Most people that visit Japan aren't weaboos that only want to visit similar places. For most people that visit it's just another country, though one that has a very special culture.

Personally I went there at the beginning of a 1.5yr trip through asia, africa, and latin america, and I've been all around europe at other times.
>>
I've been to Japan
Russia
New Zealand
Korea

I'm American

I've had excellent times in all 4 countries.
>>
I've been to:

>United States
>Mexico
>Cuba
>Peru
>Bolivia
>South Korea
>Best Korea
>Japan
>China
>Hong Kong
>Macau
>Taiwan
>>
>>1252324
This
>>
Let me ask a somewhat tangential question. I'm going to Japan in October. For work, but also gonna stay a few days to travel around.

My question is: should I include some other country to the itenerary? I mean, once I'm crossing almost half the globe (from Europe), I should probably see something else as well?

For the record, I've been to most SEA countries already, as well as Russia, but not its East
>>
>>1252453
A few days in Korea wouldn't be a problem because it's so close. It has a pretty different culture and the food is different too. It depends on how much time you have. Believe me, there is so much stuff in Japan you won't run out of things to do or see. Korea is worth a look though, it's night life is a lot more social and it's easier to strike up conversations there. I would recommend hitting up seoul for maybe one or two nights, you could probably see a few major parts of the city then head back to Japan. It's a really short flight, and not too expensive too.

There is also China, but that might require a visa depending on where you are from. Shanghai or Beijing are both amazing, in fact if you want to spend time on the visa and have a flight that is a little longer I would recommend them over Korea for tourism.
>>
>>1252480
Thank you. What about Hong Kong?
>>
I'm an American and I have been to these places. Canada, England, Scotland, Ireland, Turkey, Cyprus, Germany, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands, Honduras, Haiti, Dominican Republic, Romania, Serbia, Japan, China, Thailand, Taiwan and Afghanistan- "work trip" Hitting up Dublin next month.
>>
>>1252502
I went to hong kong a loooong time ago, a lot of people seemed to like it. I was there in like 2004 so don't take my word for it, but it felt dated compared to Korea. Just think of Hong Kong as having more English/Chinese influence and Korea having more American/Japanese influence (but overall more American influence).
>>
>>1252580
Thanks. How is it for the nightlife? Can you easily get to know people? Do citizens have lots of fun?
>>
Mexican here.

Switzerland, Italy, and soon South Korea.

>>1252324

But it was even better than expected.
>>
>>1252612
In my opinion Seoul has the best night life if you want to drink and get to know random locals. There is a pub crawl you can get in on and all that. I only went out once or twice in Hong Kong but it wasn't as wild. I'm sure that's out there, and if you aren't really interested in getting shitfaced that might be a better option.
>>
>>1252310
Not a single country in Europe? Wow. Way to miss out
>>
>Norway
>Sweden
>Iceland
>USA
>Poland
>Germany
>Holland
>Spain
>France
>Portugal
>Greece
>Italy
>Turkey
>UK
>Ireland
>Morocco
>Hong Kong

And now I'm in Japan.
Thinking of going to Australia next.
>>
>all of Canada
>All of USA
>Germany
>Egypt
>Japan
>>
Japan, Ireland, Australia, Japan, Japan, Japan, Japan.

https://youtu.be/qtoF30noxXs
>>
>>1252141
I live in Japan been here twice before.

I've been to China and Taiwan

Most of Europe(23 countries)

Mexico, Belize, Canada, Bahamas.
I'm American btw, haven't been all over the US but my favorite places are Seattle, Montana, Texas and Chicago.

Future travel plans and desires

Next big thing after hitting the US is a Europe trip. I love traveling Europe because of the history, the food and the ease of travel. Looking the most forward to France and Baltic. It's only like a quarter Europe but I really want to go to Turkey.

I plan on returning and working in Japan again, but hopefully I'll have some time and money to go to other parts of China. I also want to to go to Vietnam, Thailand and Myanmar.

That's realistic travel for the next couple years. Here's my dream stuff for the future

>Central Asia, Caucasus, Russia. I'm thinking about getting a job in Russia for a year.
>Motorbike Mongolia
>Xinjiang
>Living in Spain or LA country and mastering spanish(took 4 years in school, got better while being in Spain for awhile) then LA tour.
>3 month Africa adventure comfy style
>Ethiopia and Somalia if it's ever safe
>Postwar Syria and Iraq
>Antarctica(this will be done during my LA tour since you can go from Argentina and Chile for cheap).

Sorry this is long and self indulgent but I was bored.
>>
>>1252906
Oh yea and if I ever fall into a bucket full of money Macau. Also want to do WHV in Aus and NZ. Fuck there is not enough time and youth is fleeting. I gotta get those in before I'm 30.
>>
>>1252692
Don't get me wrong, I do plan on visiting Europe, but it's a very low priority on my list.
>>
>>1252141
Visiting Japan (and Tokyo) for the second time this summer.

Places i've visited:
>Thailand
>Philippines
>Myanmar
>Laos
>Indonesia
>Malaysia
>Singapore
>China
>Most of Europe (all of western Europe)

Places I still want to visit
>South Korea
>India
>Nepal
>Mainland china
>Vietnam
>Chile
>Argentina
>Peru
And many more, but these are higher on my list.
>>
>>1253302
i like your choices my friendo
>>
>>1252141
my countries:
Hungary
Slovakia
Czechia
Austria
UK
Italy
France
Denmark
Greece
Vatican
Ecuador
Uruguay
Argentina
Chile
Cuba
Bermuda
Canada
Jamaica
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.