[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to Thailand / What should I know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: img_44741.jpg (177KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
img_44741.jpg
177KB, 1600x900px
Alright m8ts. Gonna go to Thailand next monday, Phuket Island to be more exact [like all other tourists]. Share stories, share experiences, things I should know before I got and when I get there, places to visit n shit like that.
>>
bumping this to ask, how do you get around thailand? i'll be staying for a month, so i'd like to make a couple excursions.
>>
File: firefox_2017-05-24_06-46-13.png (215KB, 804x416px) Image search: [Google]
firefox_2017-05-24_06-46-13.png
215KB, 804x416px
>>
>>1253168
Buses are everywhere and are pretty cheap. Low cost carriers are plentiful but slightly more expensive. Some places are connected by train and you can take over night trains
>>
Have some questions:
how much would you pay for a bike per day? For say a week.

Done some scuba-diving in Thailand? Any advices on where, and how much it would cost?

Will be there in a week for 3 weeks. Cheers
>>
How is the bus/public transport system in Phuket? My gf and I want to move around a little but we don't want to constantly use taxis.
>>
Mate, I'm also going to Thailand on Monday.

I'll catch ya at the bar.
>>
>>1253798
Rent a bike, should be possible for something around three euros
>>
>>1253797
per day around 3 euros, i don't know how much it is for a week but prices are negotiable. We did scuba-diving at Surin Islands. I would never do it again: You get carried from the shore for about one hour in a crowded speedboat. then you go to some scuba spots and afterwards you get a crappy buffet with guys from other crowed boats. You feel like a sheep that is guided around the islands. the whole thing was quite expensiv too, i think it was something above 100 €.
The only way to have some cool experience is to rent one of those tents on the island. after about 3 pm all the tourist hordes left, so you have some chilled time.
>>
my gf said she wants to go here because its cheap to stay in a place and its nice

is it true? looks like a gook shithole country that i would only go to to fuck underage hookers or something
>>
>>1254052
Not at all. Everything is quite clean and people are very friendly, the only exception is Bangkok. There they try to scam you at any corner, which gets annoying after some time.
>>
>>1254026
Is that safe? Won't I get run over by 1000 scooters and shit?
I've never been to Thailand, but I always see images of the country with a shitton of scooters and motors and stuff.
>>
>>1252051
try posting in the SEA general >>>1249952

better not ot make threads with no content
>>
>>1254166
Depends where you are: I wouldn't do it in bigger cities like Bangkok or Phuket. In the countryside (i was around 100 km north of Phuket) it is totally okay. Many tourists drive with bikes so natives got used to it and take care. Just drive on the very side of the street and not too fast and you should be totally fine.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.