[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a week off in October and I've been looking for cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: milan_otn_tour-1200x581.jpg (162KB, 1200x581px) Image search: [Google]
milan_otn_tour-1200x581.jpg
162KB, 1200x581px
I have a week off in October and I've been looking for cheap flights and found very cheap flights to Milan.

I've heard Milan is pretty boring, so I'm wondering if there are places worth visiting nearby? I've heard Stresa is nice, but might not be great in October. Is Verona worth visiting? And how about the coastal area to the South?

I've done venice/bologna/florence/rome/naples before and enjoyed greatly, especially Bologna.

If it matters, I'll be with my girlfriend, we like drinking beer (but not partying), art, architecture, and good food.
>>
>>1251765
>I've heard Milan is pretty boring
Source of this funny colossal bullshit?
>>
>>1251765
Milan isn't boring mate, but it's still a really good base if you want to visist other places. Cities nearby such ad Bergamo, Pavia, Cremona and Mantova (pic related) are really good. Liguria (the coastline) is also fantastic, google Cinque Terre. You can go on a day trip there, but i think they're more enjoyable if you stay there and have some good walks. Still, don't underestimate Milan, there's plenty of stuff to do.
>>
File: Mantova_-_Profilo_di_Mantova.jpg (299KB, 800x373px) Image search: [Google]
Mantova_-_Profilo_di_Mantova.jpg
299KB, 800x373px
>>1251791
Forgot pic, this is Mantua. Visit Palazzo Te, and the Duke palace, they're both god-tier
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 870x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 870x460px
>>1251794
I love Mantova. I can't think of a city more perfect than Mantova.
>>
>>1251796
My famalam

>tfw I live 2 hours from it and sometimes I just go there to wander and spend the day
>tfw might as well do tomorrow if the weather is nice
>>
>>1251799
Man just hang out right now. I'm at home doing nothing
>>
>>1251800
Dude it's 11PM here, I'll go tomorrow.

Giving some love to Parma ad well, nice city and also one of the places you'll eat better in the whole world (not an hyperbole)
>>
File: image.jpg (493KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
493KB, 1600x1200px
>>1251804
True, with Modena tied for first though
>>
If you enjoyed Bologna, you can try other emilian cities like Parma and Modena which are similar and awesome for food as already written.
Verona is romantic and nice, i reccomend Turin as well.
Also Milan gotten much more interesting this last 10 years or so, its inhabitants are still assholes tho.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3243x2433px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3243x2433px
>>1251815
>its inhabitants are still assholes tho
KEK

OP don't forget to see the unbelievable Torre Velasca when you're in Milan. If you like brutalist architecture, it will impress you.
>>
How come no one mentioned Bergamo? It's one hour outside Milano by train.

Also, op, you absolutely have to see the church of San Maurizio al Monastero Maggiore. The interior is completely covered with frescoes, it almost made me cry for the beauty.

Another cool destination is Museo del Novecento, just inside the building made by Mussolini il Duce
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2500x1667px
I can assure you Milan is not boring, but a week there could be too much, actually. Regarding nightlife/drinking beer, Navigli is a cool place to hang out.

Verona is beautiful, while I wouldn't suggest Cinque Terre because in that period they're not at their best.

Anyway if you liked Bologna, why not seeing some more Emilia? The closest city to Milan is Piacenza, you can get there in less than two hours. It's a nice city, but the best part about it are the surroundings (there are about 400 castles). When you arrive just rent a car or a scooter and go to see Bobbio, Grazzano Visconti, Castell'Arquato and Vigoleno. If you look on the map they're all close to each other. Pic related is Castell'Arquato. It's very romantic and suggestive over there during the fall, and you will eat like gods. Two days are enough to see the four towns. You could stay at La Colombara Relais, but I'm not sure about the prices, a B&B is probably cheaper.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.