[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how much liters my backpack should have for hitchhiking trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

how much liters my backpack should have for hitchhiking trip around latin america? 55+8 will be fine?
>>
>>1249586
Sleeping outside or indoor (hostels, hotels, etc.)?
>>
>>1249593
tent + coachsurfing
>>
>>1249595
Are you planning on camping out in the wild or going to a place where you pay to camp?
>>
>>1249597
in the wild of course xD
>>
>>1249595
okay tent material usually is on the bag as with extensions, so not in the bag. Do you take cooking material with you? Gas cooker and stuff? What about medic aid? There are some bags where you can extent the lower part so you have more space. I would recommend 75 liters with such mentioned extension.
>>
>>1249593
50 if your gear is high grade, 60 if not. Aim for minimalism with wardrobe and tech.
>>
>>1249586
lmao another sewn on patch osprey fag who posts his whole trip to instagram and tweets shitty puns to facebook 'friends'.

90L here. Anything less than 80 is pathetic.
>>
>>1249849
>fucking_normies.psd
>>
The norm is 45 litres and up, but I've managed to do a trip with a 20.
>>
I bought a 70 + 10 liter backpack since i'm going on my first backpacking trip this Summer.
Should I return it and get something smaller?
>>
>>1249880
No. Most people that you'll actually meet out backpacking have packs around that size.

I'd consider getting a larger daypack though, 10L is nothing. Get something that holds what you need for a day hike, or all of your valuables for when you're in transit on a bus/etc.
>>
I lived out of a 30L for 2 years in sea. Get a bag that suits your needs and demands of the environment you'll anticipate being in though.
>>
I'm currently doing 3.5 months in Europe out of a 60 litre. Assuming you pack smart and attach what you can externally to your bag you should be fine.
>>
is this entire thread a fucking joke

liters are a measure of liquid what the fuck are you retards even talking about? do you think OP is going to fill his backpack with fucking water
>>
>>1250100
>do you think OP is going to fill his backpack with fucking water
No, but maybe Mountain Dew
>>
>>1249880
OK so I didn't exactly go backpacking before, just long hiking trip, but there's no way I'm getting a 70 liter bag for my backpacking trip next year.

Do people really consider it reasonable to get such a big bag when they're sleeping in hostels and everything? I was thinking 40-50 liters, my 35 liter Osprey is probably a bit on the small side. Maybe I'm underestimating, but 70 seems really excessive
>>
>>1250163
This post was meant for >>1249886
>>
>>1250100
best post desu, I laughed
>>
>>1250100
Litres are just a lazier way of approximating the size of a backpack.

Actual dimensions would be better, but more cumbersome to write.
>>
>>1250100
in case this isn't bait, litres are a measure of volume, not just fluid volume. seeing as how nobody going on a long backpacking trip should ever get a pack with more than one main compartment and a lid compartment, it's really the only measurement that matters.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.