[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your summer plans? Post countries, itineraries, future

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (14KB, 402x125px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 402x125px
What are your summer plans? Post countries, itineraries, future highlights, travel details etc. Critique or rate other posters and maybe get some tips yourself.

I'll be meeting up with my gf in the UK.
>10 days in London while she finished her job
>11 days in southern Germany visiting old friends, going to Documenta 14 in Kassel and a sculpture festival in Muenster (gf in Portugal at this time)
>~8 days in southern Portugal
Is south of Portugal nice? This is the one part of the trip where we'll have easy beach access. Want to do some nice rural nature walking and swimming. 4 days will be taken up with work, beyond that how many days do you think I'd need to see and do the right amount?
>Fly from Faro to Rome (two nights)
>Take the train to Venice (9 nights) to visit the Biennale
>Stay two nights in rural Switzerland with a friend's parents
>~5 days in northern Germany (Hamburg, some shit music festival in Schleswig-Holstein)
>Return to UK for festival in Wales
>Help GF move her things to Holland, spend a week getting her situated/traveling in the Netherlands
>>
I'll be visiting Poland with a friend.
Can't give exact details for now, i'm just gathering information but the main idea is to alternate between hostel life and national parks. So if anyone could share experiences i'll be glad.
We're interested in Kraków, Poznan and Gdansk.
>>
>>1249143
What are the national parks like in Poland? It's funny because as an American, my domestic traveling is always routed around national parks. But in Europe things couldn't be more different. Not that there aren't stunning natural locales in Europe (Alps, fjords, Spanish desert), but they just aren't as immersive or extensive. I try to get a little bit of nature when I am in Europe, but it is just a totally different level than America.
>>
>>1249137
Working but come April next year I'll have loads of money and plan on taking a three month trip through Europe.

>Maybe UK
>Netherlands
>France
>Spain
>Switzerland
>Bosnia
>Serbia
>Montenegro
>Kosovo
>Albania
>Macedonia
>Ukraine
>Latvia
>Lithuania

Gotta hit those. Secondary is Bulgaria, Turkey, Finland and Russia via Finland. Sorry know this is next summer but since I gotta work all summer 50 hours a week with no days off besides weekends I need to motivate myself. Still planning everything out but I got plenty of time to come up with my route.
>>
>>1249137
I'm going to do 3 weeks solo in Mexico

One week in CDMX
>Day trip to Puebla

One week in Guanajuato, going there by bus

One week in either San Cristobal de las Casas or Oaxaca state, not sure yet. I will be flying there regardless.

Any advice on places to check out is appreciated. I speak Spanish pretty well. What's the best beach in Oaxaca, what area has the best food in the state? Is a week too long in Guanajuato?
>>
My family is thinking of going to one of the Nordic countries, does anyone have suggestions?
>>
Something like this:
>Budapest
>Ljubljana
>Lake Bled
>Possibly Julian Alps
>Vienna or somewhere in Italy
What's the best place in Northern Italy that is not Venice? Is Trieste good?
>>
Gonna cycle from Germany across the Alps down to the Italian boot and back via the Balkans, starting next Friday.
>>
>>1249161
I've only been to Baja. Used to drive down all 3 or 4 times a year when I lived in LA. I never failed to have a great time. If Baja is on your list I can give you some tips, but I have no personal experience of other parts of Mexico.
>>
>>1249166
I spent the better part of a day in Trieste. It's a nice town with some good hikes, great ocean views and nice cafes (spent hours in a beautiful fin de sicele one which doubled as a bookstore and was once frequented by James Joyce). I don't remember if there were any more notable attractions. Took ages to get picked up hitchhiking. Verona and Padua are probably more exciting but Trieste has better natural scenery.
>>
>>1249145
There's a related quote, but I can't remember who said it: A walk through europe's nature is like staring at a mutilated woman
>>
>>1249150
>Bosnia
>Serbia
>Montenegro
>Kosovo
>Albania
>Macedonia
>Ukraine
>Latvia
>Lithuania

And next year, we visit North Korea and Afghanistan for fun.
>>
>>1249164
Iceland
>>
>>1249179
You must be a retarded pussy to think any of those are near north korea or afghanistan levels. I've been to most of them before. You're missing out if you really think like that. They're all incredibly cheap with great food and clean/social hostels.

The only one close to what you're talking about is Ukraine and it's only bad in the eastern half and it's localized to a couple regions.
>>
Venice is a shithole. Why on earth would you stay there for 9 nights?
>>
Walking the Camino de Frances
>>
I'll be going to HK first with a friend. Stay there 2 weeks then we go to southern China, shenzen area. He has family there so I pay jack shit for sleeping somewhere
>>
>>1249179
All those countries are fun to visit. Don't know what you are talking about.
>>
File: 85c01dc2a7.jpg (278KB, 1104x762px) Image search: [Google]
85c01dc2a7.jpg
278KB, 1104x762px
Gonna hitchhike to Berlin for the 7th time and do Dresden and Leipzig (Maybe Wroclaw) because I'm poor as fuck after travelling in SEA.

If I can find some cheap flights to Ukraine Ill go there though.
>>
>>1249203
Just to irritate you.
>>
File: 9-Tennessee-1.jpg (562KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
9-Tennessee-1.jpg
562KB, 950x800px
Gonna drive to Tennessee from New England to see the eclipse.
>>
>>1249256
This triggers me. I live very close to an excellent place to view the eclipse (right on the line and a great park), but I will be overseas at the time.
>>
File: Solar_eclipse_1999_4_NR.jpg (22KB, 609x600px) Image search: [Google]
Solar_eclipse_1999_4_NR.jpg
22KB, 609x600px
>>1249256
Shit. Forgot to ask: any rural safety tips? I'd ideally like to get on a big hill and watch the shadow come across some valley somewhere. But I don't want to piss anybody off by trespassing.
>>
>>1249260
I'm sorry to hear that. Mind if I stay at your place, then?
>>
>>1249262
Sorry, my parents don't let me have sleepovers.

>>1249203
Do other people on this board hate Venice? It's probably the square-mileage most overladen with tourists, but everyone on this board is a tourist and Venice is simply a unique place. If you're not going during a festival, sure, one or two days is probably enough. But at the height of summer there is an insane amount to do. In 2015 I was on the island of 6 days and left so much undone.
>>
>>1249145
Green and big. I don't know, it's the 'cool' part of Europe.
But not as big as they are in America, obviously. Distances there are fucking huge compared to European ones. When i try to think about America i think about stuff being 10 times more massive than in europe.
I talked about that with some Americans i met on my last trip to Amsterdam. They're used to a lot of free space and big places, and specially in the Netherlands everything is based on the optimization of a little of space. So yeah, near a national park you might have two or three villages while in America you'll find more and more free space.
>>
Going to Alaska in a few months. Meeting up with a friend who lives in Anchorage. Planning on hiking and mountain biking.
>>
File: 231513616.jpg (35KB, 419x575px) Image search: [Google]
231513616.jpg
35KB, 419x575px
Going to Lyon, France for 6 weeks to do a quick study abroad summer session. Dreading the 10h flight from LAX -> Paris since I for some reason am scared of flying and feel like the plane will crash.

Other than that, I know it will be a fun experience and I hope I meet people who are down to go exploring Italy/Spain
>>
>>1249179
I'm visiting Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia this summer.

Most of my friends don't know anything about Croatia or Montenegro, I'd be suprised if they could locate them on a map. But when i mention Bosnia, every gives me a weird look like they believe it's still a bombed out war torn hell hole.

I'm American if that surprises you.

We are flying into Podgorcia, spending 4 days in Kotor, then 4 in Dubrovnik (taking a day trip to Mostar) then our last 4 days in Split.

Layovers in Austria and Germany.

Wish i had more PTO
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.