[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on travelling solo? Where/How do you meet new people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Opinions on travelling solo?
Where/How do you meet new people?
>>
>>1249100
Hostels. Getting drunk and talking to random people on the street. Buying a pack of cigarettes and asking for a light.
>>
>>1249100
>How to meet people when you travel alone
>By Anon

>Find a hostel that has a good common room and optimally a bar and events they plan.
>If nobody comes up to you and asks where you are from find somebody who seems normal and ask them where they are from

Can I have amazon money now. Seriously there's a book on this? Sometimes at hostels I get sick of meeting people and wish to be alone because you go through the same thing and then in 9/10 cases never see that person again even if you trade info.
>>
>>1249118
What do you look like?
>>
>>1249136
White, 5'8 so I'm a manlet. No physical deformities. Not overweight but not skinny. Pretty average desu.

I mean generally the only people I've seen "discriminated" against at hostels are creepy people and creepy people can look like chads believe it or not, although balding overweight people usually fit the tee. I use to have fucked up teeth and it didn't really seem to hurt that much but set me back with girls.

You can be pretty ugly as long as your confident and can hold a conversation. The people at hostels generally aren't jocks from high school and usually genuinely want to meet people too.
>>
>>1249136
Oh yea OP, I lived in a hostel for like over 3 months. One of the best times of my life, I guess it kinda trained me. I would just sit around and usually meet people while playing a game. Or just be like where are you from if someone seemed interesting or normal.
>>
>>1249100
What a cringe book for cringe people.
>>
>>1249118
Why would you want to tell someone where you are from, the whole point of travelling is to get away.
>>
Exist, be semi-social and not a total autist.

I'm fairly introverted and am traveling solo in Ecuador now. Went out alone to a bar in Quito and wound up going all over the city with a couple of local people until 4am.

Took a bus to Latacunga on Thursday; some dude from Colombia checked into my dorm an hour after me. He said hi, we talked a while, and have been traveling together since. We're doing a hike tomorrow and then I'm going to Guayaquil and MontaƱita Wednesday and he'll be off to Peru.

As long as you're not a total nutcase and can hold basic conversations, it's not hard to find people to hang out or travel together with for a handful of days.

Might be a bit harder if you're older but I dunno. I'm 23 and have been to 35-ish countries since 2013. All my trips have been solo and I've never had any issues getting too lonely.

If you're single and halfway attractive, Tinder/Tinder Plus is a good way to make friends and local contacts and possibly get laid.

I'm average-looking (there are always way better looking guys in hostels than me), am not the life of the party, and still don't have trouble meeting people.

When I was in Colombia back in 2015 I was making friends with local folks left and right. I remember once asking a group of girls and guys for a lighter. I was having an off day and drinking aguardiente in public, and they were doing the same. We started talking and they took me out to a bunch of clubs and taught me how to salsa dance and stuff.

Basically be open-minded without being retarded and a little flexible with your plans and you'll be good.
>>
>>1249864
Basically this.
>>
>>1249864
Do you speak spanish? I'm going to central America soon, might be tryna do the tinder thing too.
>>
>>1249794
What, that's a real book?
>>
>>1249100
why is every solo traveler bent on meeting people

some people travel solo because they like being solo, not just because they can't find anyone to travel with
>>
>>1249918
Bc that's boring
>inb4 boring people get bored of being alone because they're boring
Guess i am boring then
>>
>>1249100
couch surfing
>>
>>1249118
>events they plan
omg not that, I'm not in the fucking kindergarten
>>
>>1249100
>some people travel solo because they like being solo
True, but theyre not the ones who start these threads or search here for opinions
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.