[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plane Tickets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: plane.jpg (73KB, 1600x648px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
73KB, 1600x648px
Planning on visiting Pakistan, India, maybe Cambodia, maybe (doubtfully) Thailand, Laos, maybe Vietnam and probably the Philippines.

Would anyone happen to know which country out of that list would be the cheapest to fly to and start my trek?
>>
Also, I noticed that a 2 way ticket was some how cheaper than a 1 way ticket in some cases.

Does anyone know an international airline that allows you to have a flex return date?
>>
>>1248465

Depends where your comming from lad.

Thailand will probably be the cheapest, Laos the most expensive.

Also a reminder that Pakistan should not be considered a tourist destination, its not a very safe or stable country. If you want to go to the Northern parts of Pakistan to trek, you can get a very similar experience in India, China or Nepal. Feel free to go but know the risks.
>>
>>1248469
ah sorry, I forgot this board didn't have a flag by my name. I will be coming from the USA
>>
>>1248465

Thailand, India, or even Singapore / Malaysia. All of these destinations have low cost carriers you can use for the relatively short-haul trips betweeen countries.

Consider starting in India (I would avoid Goatfuckistan and stay in relative civilization), head to Myanmar & check that out, skip Thailand unless you're heading up north to the wilderness or to some beautiful islands in the east/south. Move on to Laos/Cambodia (Angkor is still worth seeing despite being overrun with tourists, and the south has some cool places - Kampot & Kep), after that I would go to Vietnam, it's incredibly diverse between the north & the south and very different to it's western neighbours. Skip the Philippines as it's a chain of islands inhabited by abjectly poor monkeys with a few nice but incredibly developed tourism sites (Boracay, Bohol etc). You could spend 4-6 weeks in each country listed above & still not see anything. I cannot stress enough how cool Myanmar is, it's not overly developed but is catching up to its neighbours slowly. Get in while it's still charming.
>>
>>1248465
If get a paki stamp on your passport prepare for SSSS and an anal probe any time you try to fly anywhere.
>>
>>1248480
I'm going to learn very basic hindi before I go, but how well will english work for me in the rest of the countries you listed?

any tips for skirting the language barrier?
>>
>>1248484

Hindi will only get you so far in India, given they speak a lot of different languages there, but also a lot of English. In Myanmar a lot of older people speak English well, plus the younger generations are trying to learn. Anywhere else there's tourist attractions / reasons for you to go there, you will get by with basic english or hand signs. Also, I have been to every place recommended (except India) numerous times, and SIM cards and cheap and readily available. Bookmark a few pages with basic phrases - where is the toilet / 1 beer please / how much is that etc etc for each place to help get by, but you can always fall back on Google Translate.
>>
Bangkok is a massive hub for SEA, it will probably be the cheapest.
>>
>>1248493
Any recommendations for stuff to do in Myanmar?
>>
>>1248465
If you do wind up going to Pak, know that you can only get the visa in your country of origin (i.e. USA)--it is not possible to get a visa in a third country somewhere along your route. You can get fairly cheap flights between Bangkok and Lahore, but turn up at the Pakistani embassy near Nana Plaza and you will get laughed at. Or, as happened to me, laughed at, told to come back tomorrow, then laughed at again. I managed to get the visa by pulling some strings, but it was not at all the typical case. Unless you've got friends who know the ambassador, you need the visa in your PP before you leave home.

And it may take a long time. It's possible to get rejected for petty problems, and/or for the embassy to hold your passport for weeks or even months while bombarding you with periodic questions.

Pakistan officialdom is not crazy about the US, although individual Pakistanis are nearly all extremely friendly, gracious hosts.

And yeah, big parts of the country are very dangerous.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.