[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best city to live in for an artist??? I want to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: sargent.jpg (198KB, 1025x709px) Image search: [Google]
sargent.jpg
198KB, 1025x709px
whats the best city to live in for an artist???

I want to live in a city for a half a year where i can focus on developing my art (traditional drawing/painting)

it is essential that the city has a very low cost of living, and i only speak english (unfortunately) so im limited in this sense.

...cities/countries that interest me are Kiev, China, st. petersburg, italy, spain, mexico, belgrade, bucharest...

...cities/countries I'm NOT interested in are Berlin, france, London, USA... too expensive/pretentious...

I am wondering if anyone knows of other city/countries which might be what im looking for?

I already have some chops but i want to be in a rich environment and potentially connect with other artists, galleries and sell my work to buy me some time, even if its just to tourists...

I've also traveled a fair amount so im not afraid of new things.

Furthermore, things i like:
-cheap rent
-cheap/good food
-old architecture
-warm weather
-women
-people who will understand english
-water i can swim in

...any ideas would be appreciated!
>>
>>1248404
>Berlin, france, London, USA... too expensive/pretentious...
wow you'll fit right in, faggot

not like I didn't already know you're a worthless cunt by the fact that you're not practicing art wherever the fuck you are instead of thinking "all I need to do is move somewhere pretty and then my skills will increase xDDD"
>>
>>1248404
So do you have 50k cash on hand for a 6month visa or is this just another
>I have no idea what I'm doing but I dream to live in x and do randum stuffz lulz
post?
>>
>>1248416
Triggered.
Which one are you from?
>>
>>1248436
I have some skills & €€ but I don't want to waste it on high cost of living. I worked my balls off in an expensive city and have travelled a fair amount... I want TIME. IDGAF about living in "trendy world class over priced city" and their corresponding art scenes. What are some cities that are cheap, warm with good architecture?? this is what I am interested in.
>>
Newark new jersey. easy access to manhattan, one of the biggest art hubs in the world, cheap rent, lots of old ass shitty buildings, fuck all your other criteria.

Also, detroit. Detroit seems lie the perfect place to be an artist in north america. you got the cheap rent, complicated social issues to inspire such art, annoyingly long winter that will limit your other hobbies to get in the way of your art, incredibly interesting studio spaces, dem local farmers markets are hype. Shit, detroit has great potential to be the next portland if it wasn't for all the shitty crime. but trials have shown that gentrification will push that shit to the suburbs, which would probably benefit detroit.
>>
somewhere in south america
>>
>>1248529
Upon further thoughts, Buenos Aires perhaps
>>
File: hitler-painting-2.jpg (1MB, 1414x898px) Image search: [Google]
hitler-painting-2.jpg
1MB, 1414x898px
Vienna.
>>
Eastern germany (Dresden and Leipzig have a pretty active art scene these days), some mid-size french cities (Tours, Nantes, Rennes, Montpellier, Lyon. Definitely Lyon). Lisbon is pretty cool and rather cheap, not sure about the art scene.

Budapest. Moscow and St. Petersburg, though visa might be hard to get. Russia is super cheap right now because of sanctions.
>>
>>1248404
>implying anybody cares about traditional painting anymore

how does it feel to be roughly a century behind culturally?
>>
>>1248663

your naivety is showing... Sit down
>>
>>1248814
your naivety is showing... Sit down
>>
>>1248508
portugal
southern italy
the balkans
india
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.