[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a Scottish Coach driver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0136.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0136.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
If anyone is visiting Scotland, You can ask me about getting about and places to see.

You can ask any question, been driving coaches all over Scotland for 17 years.

Picture taken today at Inverary, Argyle after dropping of the fattest group of American tourists that I have had. I even had to drop the suspension to let one woman on.
>>
File: IMG_0137.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Another picture
>>
>>1247559
>>1247563
The pictures are sideways, anon.
Have a good thread though.
>>
>>1247579
Yeah, sorry about the pictures
>>
I am really apathetic and find it hard to care about anything, do you think I could survive as a coach driver? I would have no problem doing the actual driving part, just if you have to act happy all the time or suck up to your superiors it would get to me. Sorry for the completely un-travel-related post, and yes I know I sound like a moody teenager
>>
>>1247601

Nah, Most new drivers do the happy happy driver routine for a year or two. After that its just a case of, turn up, dont have an accident, go home. And you make it what you want. Me personally, I have a laugh with my passengers, I swear and joke and take the piss out of people. When your not in the depot, you really are your own boss.

But I recomend, if you are thinking about busses and coach driving, Pass the test and do local bus work to pick up experiance, Set routes of up to 10-19 city miles each way. Coach driving is making up your own route, driving a tri-axle coach that is 35foot long.

But I enjoy the job.
>>
How to get from Edinburgh to Loch Lomond the cheapest? Do you have any tips for places to see?
>>
>>1247559
From Edinburgh here,

Not sure what coach company you're with but i've always appreciated the friendliness of coach drivers compared with other transport - namely the edin trams

Shame the weathers still shite haha
>>
>>1247559
I'm visiting Glasgow with a friend next week for 10 or so days, I've got a mate studying at a local university. We haven't planned anything besides visiting Edinburgh and taking a tour to the Highlands. Any advice or suggestions? Any tips? 23yo, Greek here if it matters any.
>>
What are the best places in Scotland that tourists never seem to visit?
>>
Not OP

>>1248450
Well what are you into? Glasgow has loads of cool pubs and clubs, it's much more lively than Edinburgh. I would try to go to the Trossachs if the weather allows it.

>>1247884
Check out the Ben Lomond, it's a small hike with stunning views over the loch. As for cheapest option I would guess scotrail, but OP probably has a better idea.
>>
You seem to have a bias against Americans. Are you the driver who refused to let me on the coach to Perth until I pronounced it PAIRRTH?

Though that wasn't as bad as when I wanted to start hiking the WHW and had to run around the Glasgow station trying to make people understand I wanted the bus to Milngavie.
>>
I often use bus stops to hitchhike, because usually they're the only pullover spots on A roads. Of course when a bus comes along I have to use body language to convey I don't want it to stop.
Does this drive you mad?
>>
>>1248685
Get fucked, yank
>>
>>1248685
Hahaha
>he disnae ken how ti say Mun-guy
>>
What kind of plants grow in the Scotland Yard?
>>
>>1248912
Neeps and tatties
>>
>>1248682
Thanks for the reply m8. I checked out the Trossachs site and it seems like a good idea for a trip, seems to be close to glasgow too. I'll definitely mention it to the crew.
We generally want to see what Scotland has to offer, I've wanted to visit ever since I watched braveheart as a little kid, which is why we're spending at least one day at the highlands. Aside from that, I'd love to get some good local food, read up on some scottish history, and listen to some bagpipes. I also want to see some college & night action, but I'm hoping my m8 has that covered.
Any tips welcome!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.