[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good travel accessories you would recommend to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: cake.jpg (56KB, 705x545px) Image search: [Google]
cake.jpg
56KB, 705x545px
What are some good travel accessories you would recommend to everyone?

I'm asking in part because I have a lot of gift cards to use on Amazon.com and I'm looking for ideas.
>>
>>1247167
Expensive and durable/lightweight/extreme weather clothing.
Carabiner, rope and a book on knots.
Wireless bluetooth speaker.
>>
>>1247178
where the fuck are you going?
>>
File: 1485715662076.jpg (37KB, 562x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485715662076.jpg
37KB, 562x600px
>>1247186
Anywhere really? This is mostly a /solotravel/ board and people do shit like long walks and unusual circumstances. The shit I suggested is always useful and allowed as carry-on.
>>
>>1247167
The single most important item:
>a quality 20k mAh power bank
>>
>>1247197
I definitely agree on this. Mine has been extremely useful for me since I have started to heavily rely on my phone for directions.
>>
>>1247197
>>1247200
Could you recommend a specific brand?
>>
>>1247203
I have an Anker powerbank because it has heavily recommended on here and some other places.

I almost bought one by Aukey because I figured it would be the same thing, but apparently Aukey is terrible and Anker is quite good.

Just beware that it takes these things a loooong time to get back to a full charge once it has been depleted due to the size.
I was surprised when I first got mine and it took nearly 24 hours to reach a full charge through a phone charger + USB cord from a wall outlet.
However, that also means a charge will last a very long time, at least depending on how much you use it...I almost only use mine to charge my phone.
>>
>>1247203
I personally use the RAVPower RP-PB043 and like it.
>fully charged in about 3h
>quick charge option for phones
>good for about 6 phone charges after a day of normal use and there's still enough power left for a emergency charge
>300g makes it a bit heavy but still ok tier even for "pack it light" use
>>
>>1247167
Going on with the other essentials....
>a outdoor quality mid layer fleece jacket with quick dry (Mammut, Jack Wolfskin, Columbia, Patagonia...)
Not so /fa/ but perfect to stay warm on long flights, all the mid season nights where a t-shirt is not enough and in combination with a water proof jacket even a ok tier choice for the -3-5°C shit weather days (you look at the $100-$150 price range)
>4 wheel padlock
You can always use it in hostels or where ever. 999 combinations are easy to solve, 9999 takes a bit longer.
>basic quality swiss knife
no problem to bring if you get a free checked back. A knife and can/bottle opener is always great to have. Well worth the $15
>2-4 pairs of high quality walking/trekking socks preferable with quick dry and a good pair of shoes
You will walk around and the last thing you want is fucked up feet after your first day.

Enjoy.
>>
>>1247167
cell phone with game boy emulator + roms + charger
chrome book, charger
recent AAII magazine, some other reading material
small big with lots of prunes (helps you shit/not eat crap when travelling)
tea bags , maybe coffee if your going to asia
small power bank
ear buds / cheap headphones
back pack
sweat shirt, jeans
rubber bands for packing
under wear
pen, notepad paper
>>
kindle, power bank, torch, headphones is all you need aside from toiletries and clothes imo.

Maybe a head torch, silk sleeping bag liner or microfibre towel if you're going far off the beaten track. Laptop if needed for work. And you can never have enough plastic bags or rubber bands.
>>
belt clip for regular water bottles
>>
File: G9300-1_xlarge.png (303KB, 383x510px) Image search: [Google]
G9300-1_xlarge.png
303KB, 383x510px
A wristwatch with dual time (or world time; even better), and digital compass features.
>>
>>1247197
>tfw I've definitely had a day or two in my travels where my phone & camera died
Never again.
>>
A water filter if you're going to foreign countries with water of dubious quality.

Sawyer (the regular or "Squeeze" model, not the Mini), or Renovo Trio.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.