[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /trv/, I know this is a tall order, but I'm wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

hi /trv/, I know this is a tall order, but I'm wondering what country would be best for an american 20-year old male, with no degree and little job experience to find work and possibly a new life.

I have about $1200 saved up, and have only a few months before I will be officially homeless and have to leave the united states for legal reasons (long story but massive, insurmountable debts due being fucked over in more than one way by my parents)

I know its going to fucking suck no matter where I go but I was hoping I could lessen the blow by finding a country that would make it easy to find a job and would be relatively safe, both in terms of the country itself and of being not sent back to the united states (its not a big enough thing that I would be pursued over but I wouldn't trust trying to emigrate to Canada or Germany for instance since they would probably send me back at the border)

I was thinking somewhere in south america perhaps? I could pick up spanish fairly easily.

also its either leave the country or kill myself, and I'm not the suicide type, so don't tell me to just suck it up and stay in the US. I didn't do anything actually wrong, just made poor choices in trust.
>>
>>1247068
just go to mexico. i hope u aren't super white lol
>>
>>1247073
is mexico really that stable with jobs?
why are so many coming to the US for work then?
>>
Get in contact with a debt counselor in your area; they're very common in the US for obvious reasons. They will be able to help with your situation much more than fleeing the country will. It's not as exciting or adventurous as running away and joining the circus or becoming a pirate of the Caribbean, but it's the sensible thing to do. Think about how common massive debts are in the US. Very few of those people flee across the border, OP.

We get people in their late teens or early 20s on /trv/ all the time who think that going to a foreign country to start a new life with *no legal right to work* and no qualifications will solve their boredom, depression, virginity, legal woes, etc.

Good luck.
>>
>>1247101
>*no legal right to work*
I wasn't planning on jumping borders, youre saying its not possible to get a work visa?
>>
>>1247104
There's working holiday visas:

https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/americans-guide-working-holiday-visas

You can find out about the possibilities for other countries very easily on the websites of their immigration departments.

There seriously are lots of options for dealing with debt, especially for young people. Think of all the people carrying around student debt. They don't have to flee the country....

Good luck whatever you decide.
>>
>>1247111
>https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/americans-guide-working-holiday-visas
>need around $10000 for financial security
oh boy
>>
>>1247068
You'll get anal fucked by the visa requirements, I would recommend that you stay in the states and become more worth while.
>>
>>1247084
yeah dude try mexico, jobs are not stable but you will surely find something teaching english and\or in a call center. is not safe either in terms of crime but nobody will bat an eye about sending you back to the us
>>
>>1247161
>You'll get anal fucked by the visa requirements
unless I get hired right?
surely there are some countries in need of menial labor or service that doesn't need experience or a degree and I could get hired right?
>>
Phillipines
>>
>>1247104
>I wasn't planning on jumping borders, youre saying its not possible to get a work visa?
With no degree or qualifications (skilled trade or other specific experience), probably not. Anywhere you're thinking of going has un/underemployed local young people who speak the local language to do its entry-level or manual jobs.

I'm sorry you're in a rough state, but the above posters are right that dealing with it at home is a better option than fantasizing about running away to places that don't want you.
>>
>>1247177
Why would they use you when there are plenty of people in those counties who already speak the native language? Or people from near by counties who will probably ask less than you?
You could visit Australia on the slavery visa (this is the only reliable visa I know of which allows forigeners to find menial, low skill work) but I sure hope you like shit work.
>>
>>1247193
What kind of work can Americans do in the Philippines? They don't have a real tefl market
>>
>>1247721
That I dunno but I know they have lax immigration laws
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.