[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which are the best states to visit in mexico? I'm planning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

Which are the best states to visit in mexico? I'm planning to go to Cancun next month but also want to visit around since I'm going to to be there. Any suggestion?
>>
Im interested in this question as well. Jalisco is always a solid state. But i want more info then that. Moving to Mexico in 2 months to teach english, someone help us out!
>>
I just spent 3 months around there, all over the country.

Oaxaca (Oaxaca City is cool but Mazunte/Zipolite are amazing if you like super-laid-back beaches).

DF - Mexico City is the easiest place to get laid, Tinder is a buffet if you're a white guy that speaks Spanish decently. And there are lots of interesting things to see around.

Cancun is probably the worst tourist spot in the whole country unless you just want to get drunk with other Americans on package tours. Take the bus south to Playa del Carmen for much better nightlife with lots of europeans/latinas from various spots. Or go further south to Tulum and maybe even all the way down to Bacalar for an interesting experience.
>>
Just got back from Cancun... be warned, it's touristy as hell and chock full of fat cruise ship Americans. Amazing diving down the coast (why I went) but the city itself is highly mediocre if you're not looking to sit in a resort with other Westerners flashing a little wrist band and treating the locals like servants.
>>
Visiting someone in in Guadalajara this summer. How feasible is the following for a 1-2 week trip:
>drive to Puerto Vallarta
>slowly make it down to Tecoman
>camp on beaches
>surf if possible
>go back to Guadalajara and fly home
Is the area safe enough for that if we potentially have a local guy with us?
Does anyone have an idea what you can expect to pay for a used surf board in Puerto Vallarta?
>>
>>1245965
Pretty easy, the driving involved would be maybe 12hrs total for that whole route. Not sure about camping on beaches, though. Just go to hostels.

I'd recommend taking their luxury buses instead of driving.
>>
What about Tijuana and Ensenada? Are they better than the south?
>>
>>1245937
>tinder is a buffet for a white guy
w-what about a mexican american?
Asking for a friend
>>
>>1245965
Guadalajara, the city famous for thin athletic women who still manage to have giant asses.
>>
>>1246324
>w-what about a mexican american?
Honestly this seems like the best possible situation. You can walk around and chill anywhere in town without getting constantly hassled for being a gringo; but when you introduce to girls you can use your accent to appear exotic. "Why live in Old Mexico, when you can come live in New Mexico? I can nake that happen..."
>>
File: Mexican Scenery.jpg (7MB, 5973x5973px) Image search: [Google]
Mexican Scenery.jpg
7MB, 5973x5973px
>>1245923
It really depends on what you want to do, m8. If you give me the specifics, I might be able to help you.
>>
>>1246862
I'm planning in stay for few days at Cancun, then move to Playa del Carmen and stay there one week, after that go to Tulum for 2 days. I would then return to Cancun and meaby catch a flight to La Havana. After that I'm undesicive, I'm between going to Oaxaca to Puerto Escondido or Chiapas to visit the Cañón del sumidero.
>>
>>1245971
Yeah, buses in Mexico are surprisingly good. I'd say they are significantly better than Greyhound or Megabus.
>>
>>1246933
Not the guy you replied to, but if I were you I'd skip Tulum. The ruins are pretty great, but besides them, there isn't much else to do there. The town is very poor, and everyone there wants to sell you something. You might just be the kind of person that really loves the beach, but staying for a week and 5 days in beach towns sounds like too much. Since you'll be nearby, I highly recommend Merida. It's a beautiful colonial city in Yucatan.
>>
Mexico highlights (imo)

- Oaxaca coast: gorgeous, dirt cheap, perfect weather.
- Pieblo: pretty city, very European feeling, can get up into the mountains towards DF. If you were to live in Mexico this would be the place.
- All the copper towns northwest of Mexico City are incredibly beautiful
- Calakmul: I've been to more Central American ruins than I can remember, and this blows them all out of the water besides the totally-opposite experience Teotihuacan.
>>
>>1247246
I'm planning a trip to Mexico for later this summer, what's your take on Guanajuato? Are any of the other mining towns better? I've been looking at images of it and it seems beautiful, is there anything I should know?
>>
File: 307uate.jpg (164KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
307uate.jpg
164KB, 1599x1066px
Baja Sur. Everything except cabo is fucking amazing.
Spent the whole winter camping on the beach .
>>
>>1245965
Guadalajara girls are the best. Too bad there are too many lesbians.
>>
>>1246324
As a Mexican-American or "American of Mexican descent" or whatever the fuck we're supposed to call ourselves now, I can tell you that nobody likes Mexican men. Except apparently black women. If I wasn't such a boring, awkward sperg, I probably could have gotten laid in Atlanta. The concierge at the hotel I stayed at spent like five minutes getting me to teach her how to say my last name.

So that's my completely unrelated advice: if you want to get laid, go to Atlanta.
>>
>>1246324
I don't think so, maybe if you seem rich or something. You'd certainly do better than you would at home though. You can try it out via tinder plus before you go and see.
>>
>>1246933
>>1246993

Agreed, and a week is way too long in PDC too, I'd just do a few days there max. I'd actually spend 2-3 nights down in Bacalar.

Mazunte is the best beach spot. Go there after Havana unless you're really into surfing.
>>
File: 222155_orig.jpg (187KB, 527x800px) Image search: [Google]
222155_orig.jpg
187KB, 527x800px
Stay south and central, search for a list on the best "pueblos mágicos" and take a comfy cheap bus there.
I've visited over 30 pueblos mágicos, most of them can be enjoyed in one day and they're most of the time cheap af, pueblos mágicos are visited more often by Europeans and SA than Americans, search on tripadvisor and you can find some hidden gems of national chef made gourmet dishes at incredibly low prices. .
My personal take on what to do in southern México as a local from the state of Chiapas is this: Rent a 4x4, stop by a walmart or any supermarket and buy sleeping bags, camping tents, beers, enough food and water for 4 days, a machete, a 20 meters rope and a liter of mosquito repellent. Drive to Cascadas de Agua Azul and ask someone to rent him a place next to the river, first thing you're gonna do is tie down the rope in the extreme of the current of the river in case someone gets dragged by the current, and fuckn enjoy.
I've done the last 4 times already, there's no one, absolutely no one but monkeys and jaguars in miles away from you, the river is so clear that you can see 6 meters deep into it without a problem, the hue of the water is of al shades of blue and the biosphere and deep jungle is completely breathtaking. I'm a nature fag, and for me this place is heaven on earth. Just remember to take your shots and not to freak out if you see commies on the road, they're friendly neighbors that's it.
>>
I'm thinking of going to Mexico later this year or early next year. I would like to fly to Atlanta and then see some of the Southern States and then progress to Mexico overland, hitchhiking would be my plan.
Am I right to assume that hitchhiking is not adviced in Northern Mexico, around the US/Mexico border? So I would catch a bus from border to further south and then continue by thumb.
What sort of daily budget would be good for dirty cheap backpacker like me?
Will 15 euros a day get me by?
Also being a vegan, will that cause issues?
And lack of spanish skills?
>>
>>1248234
dam youre tempting me anon even though i hate mosquitos

are you white lowkey worried about racist shit
>>
>>1245937
been there done that, listen to this guy.
>>
>>1248234
Have do this alone or with friends?
>>
>>1248261
>Am I right to assume that hitchhiking is not adviced in Northern Mexico, around the US/Mexico border?
Jesus christ familia, what the fuck are you even thinking,don't do that shit or even think about that again fucking ever.
> So I would catch a bus from border to further south and then continue by thumb
only places I'd recommend asking a ride is Oaxaca, Chiapas, Yucatan, Tabasco, Campeche, Quintana Roo and maybe possibly Puebla. But seriously public transportation is cheap af in here, a city to city bus costs you around 20-50 pesos (1-2.5 USD) don't risk yourself man.
>What sort of daily budget would be good for dirty cheap backpacker like me?
stay out of tourist traps and you'll find yourself in a really cheap budget, 2-4 USD for a whole meal and some 10 USD per night at a hostel, there are vegetarian meals,don't worry about that but don't expect vegan stuff. I can't seriously think of any vegan dish they could possibly sell you.
>And lack of spanish skills?
you're fucked,
I'm the lad from chiapas from up above your post and there's this lil town in here called San Cristobal de las Casas, is as catholic as it can get, filled with vegan shit and hippy coffee shops where you can smoke weed in if you please. Europeans love that place, specially for the communist tourism the EZLN attracts, I've met several foreigners that are now permanent residents of the town and they are more than willing on helping "mochileros" as we call them to know the most obscure part of mexico, fucking hostels are an orgy of south americans and europeans hitchhikers. My best bet would be to travel to this place first and go up north from there. Mexico is a friendly place, but better take it easy in an unstable place such as my country.
>>
>>1248375
nope, always with friends. I'd personally shit my pants at the first jaguar growl if I were alone.
>>1248290
>are you white lowkey worried about racist shit
no idea what you mean lad.
>>
>>1248376
Hey dude I'm the OP, I'm going to Chiapas soon, I'm from Jalisco. I'm going to Tuxtla gutierrez and I'm going to check san Cristóbal. Wanna hang out when in over there?
>>
>>12483761
I've been to Mexico before (Tamaulipas) but was wondering if I should visit CDMX. Will be my first time in CDMX. I know Spanish
>>
>>1246993
>I highly recommend Merida
Seconding this. Merida is great. So is the rest of Yucatan (aside from Cancun), for that matter. OP, just skip Cancun entirely, it's terrible. Go to Merida and check out the beaches on to the north.
>>
>>1247281
Most beautiful city I've ever seen, very likely that there is on earth. It's like something out of a fairy tale. It's the best of the bunch for sure.
>>
>>1248506
sure why not, I'm in Mexico city and won't be in my home city until late june. Pass up some kind of throwaway mail or smthing like that.
>>
>>1249073
[email protected]
Send your email or phone number bro! Let's be in touch!!
>>
>>1248376
>hippy coffee shops where you can smoke weed in if you please

Isn't the last thing that you should do in Mexico is get involved with drugs? Between cartel violence and corrupt cops that just seems like an awful idea to this gringo. You're from Chiapas yourself so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it just seems like a bad idea.
>>
>>1245935

Jalisco is great. Guadalajara is a modern city that may be below the standards of some developed countries, but has so much to offer. There are a bunch of comfy towns and the beaches aren't half-bad.
>>
>>1245923
monterrey fag here.

zacatecas, san miguel de allende, oaxaca city, mexico city, real de 14, cañon del sumidero, xilitla, etc etc.. I wouldn't recommend "roadtripping" through mexico; although monterrey down to mexico city is safe.
>>
Between Oaxaca and Chiapas, which should I go to?
>>
>>1250524
Oaxaca hands-down unless San Cristóbal de las Casas really appeals to you for some reason. I've heard it's a bit overrated though.
>>
>>1250524
oaxaca 100%
>>
>>1245965
I second the buses. Pascuales will fucking drill your face if you don't commit and stick drops. Surfboard transport on buses is golden in the hold. Manzanillo might have better prices than PV.
>>
>>1247246
>Pieblo

"Puebla"?
>>
>>1248181

Talking about Atlanta, how's quality of life there? I might be able to work either there or in Virginia.
>>
File: ss (2017-05-24 at 03.18.13).png (84KB, 659x697px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-05-24 at 03.18.13).png
84KB, 659x697px
bump

I'm planning a trip to mexico around july (i feel im a bit late to plan it ahh!!)

would LOVE advice on the following (general backpacking):
> how much luggage is too much/too little
> luggage safekeeping? can you leave stuff at hostels or must you carry everything around while traveling cities or whatever
> hostels or couchsurfing?
> general advice on how to not get KILL in mexico (or lose passport/money)
> best method of transportation (long and short distances) (bus, uber, plane, walking distance in cities, taxis, other public transport?)
> what not to do

As for destinations, i am making a map of the possibilities so that, based on convenience and time, i can pick the best route:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl=en&authuser=0&mid=14annvfH7pCE7k9s_Wsbb-AZiYgU&ll=20.487626339659943%2C-100.62881240000002&z=4
(feel free to suggest something if it's not there!)
>>
>>1253271
oh yeah what about airbnb in mexico as well
>>
>>1253274
>>1253271
okay last clarification just:
i'm not looking to go backpacker-mode with no money, but spending less than 20$-40$ a night would be nice, how much is it a nice not-sketchy place or a private room?
>>
>>1253277

There are many business hotels at around 50-75 usd a night. Motels can go as low as 20, probably.
>>
>>1253277
Cheapest I found was around $10 for a single, probably cheaper now because of the devaluation of the peso. For $20 I got pretty nice rooms.
>>
Hijacking this thread to ask a bit. I'm in Mexico City for business, but work finished early and now I have the rest of the day plus pretty much all of tomorrow until 9 PM free.

Currently staying in a hotel in a bit of the southern part of Mexico City, any tips on where to get laid? Due to the time constraints I believe it's better to just hire a """"""""">masseur""""""""", so I've been looking through craigslist and backpage but I don't really have any experience with this, some of the photos look like they were taken in a studio, might be a honeypot.

Anyone know how to get a happy ending for relatively cheap?
>>
>>1246122
No. They're the pissholes of the country.
>>
>>1248518
Absolutely. But get a guide or ask someone from there for guidance. Can be overwhelming and dangerous if you stray too far. My mid-atlantic wife loves it, but it took her like a month to finally feel confident on where to go
>>
>>1253271
Nigger, send me a throwaway mail and we'll talk.
>>
>>1253575
How cheap are you going for?
>>
Stayed in Apatzingan for a week. Great town, too bad the cartels ruined it.
Guadalajara seems okay. Spent a little over 2 weeks here.
Not done anything but lounge around all day and go out to eat twice a day.
I don't see what all the fuss is about in GDL.
The women are average, not much different from American women culturally.
Thought about spending 6 months down here but I'm bored with it.
Going back to America in a week.
I'd caution anyone against visiting Michoacán.
>>
even though i am from there and i am biased i definitely recommend a few cities in Guanajuato

they have lots of colonial era buildings and hundreds of years old cathedrals

the best places are the city of Guanajuato, San Miguel de Allende and Dolores Hidalgo
>>
>>1247281
>>1248958
guanajuato is a beautiful city and theirs lots of touristy stuff to see and do
>>
File: Guanajuato-200692.jpg (158KB, 936x526px) Image search: [Google]
Guanajuato-200692.jpg
158KB, 936x526px
>>1253663
forgot pic
>>
>>1253651
Well, I've got 3k pesos to burn, but I'd prefer to keep it under 2k as much as possible
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.