[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to see the Julian Alps or Kamnik-Savinja

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1493745045121.jpg (256KB, 939x575px) Image search: [Google]
1493745045121.jpg
256KB, 939x575px
What's the best way to see the Julian Alps or Kamnik-Savinja Alps in Slovenia without a car?

What cities/towns should I stay in? I'd like to do outdoors activities such as kayaking, hiking, etc.
Is there a small city similar to Interlaken in Switzerland that you could stay in and then get to the other places (Murren, Gimmelwald, etc.) for hiking and all that relatively easily?

I looked around but it was hard to figure out what to do if I don't have a car.
>>
If you're not going to move around too much, it's perfectly manageable with a bus and train.
Alternatively, there's a car pooling schema here, where you just find someone going your way and pay for part of the fuel https://prevoz.org/

I'd recommend staying either in Tolmin, Bovec or Bohinjska Bistrica, the Soča river valley and Bohinj are probably the most interesting in terms of hiking, kayaking, cannoeing, gliding and stuff like that.
There's hotels, bungalows, camps, I'm sure there's some hostels and of course, AirBnB.
And I think it's not too hard to rent a bicycle for shorter daily rides around those areas.
>>
>>1246467
Thank you!
>>
for Julian Alps definitely Bohinj. The bus in summer takes you all the way to Savica waterfall where there's a good starting point. I'm not sure about buses, but I think tourist offices in either Bled or Bohinjska Bistrica arrange mini buses to Pokljuka where it's a major starting point to Triglav among other mountaintops. I'd be able to give you a rough route to see Julian Alps if you tell me how long you plan on hiking there.

Also see >>1243550
>>
>>1246809
Thanks for your reply -- the length of time is pretty open. How long do you figure is good to do some cool, easy hiking and, maybe kayaking for one day (for a few hours)?

Also, how long should one spend in/around Bled?
>>
>>1246818
>>1246809
I'm especially interested in WWI trails that might exist around the Soca Valley, if that helps.
>>
>>1246829
Then be sure to visit the museum in Kobarid.

Then there's also this:

http://www.100letprve.si/en/po_miru/

Also, kremšnite are overrated, get some wallnut pastry, potica or sweet štruklji :r)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.