[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kowloon or Hong Kong island?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 32840971382_8c6530a491_b.jpg (100KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
32840971382_8c6530a491_b.jpg
100KB, 900x600px
Going to Hong Kong for a week at the end of the month. Where should I stay? In Kowloon to the to north or on Hong Kong island?
>>
I just came back from HK three weeks ago.

Stay in Kowloon. All the sites and interesting stuff is on that side. I made the mistake of staying on the Island and there was very little to see on the Island side. Ended up wasting so much time taking the rails to Kowloon because all the temples and interesting sites were on that side.

Everyone told me it was a meme, but definitely visit The Peak at least once, and if you do, in the evening where the sight of the HK lights is wonderful.
>>
>>1245488
+1 thanks anon

the peak is on the HK side right?
>>
>>1245516
Yep, it's on HK Island.

I suggest you do the Lugard Road walk, here's a tutorial on how to get there from The Peak Tower: http://blog.bigfoottour.com/victoria-peak-hong-kong/
It is a lot less busier than The Peak Tower lookout. If you do it on an afternoon or early evening, there will be a lot of photographers at the lookout, but as >>1245488 suggests, the city lights look fantastic at night.

I'm a photographer so I spent some time at the lookout photographing the sunset, I then walked back to The Peak Tower and checked out the view and had an overpriced (albeit tasty) dinner.
>>
Why not some of both? When's the next time you are heading out there? (ie why not both?)
>>
>>1245763
This.
Even tho commuting is very easy and convenient in HK, it can be time consuming when you have just a few days to discover the city. It may be more time efficient (and sometimes cheaper) to stay in different parts of the city during your stay.
For instance if you plan on spending a night drinking clubbing flirting in LKF, Wan Chai, Soho, it's definitely wiser to have a place nearby to crash. Finding a cab to take you back to the mainland at 3am is annoying, long and expensive.
TST and Central are the most exciting places to stay at. MongKok and Sheung Wan are their cheaper, adjacent neighborhoods with good hotels options.
I have lived in TST for a few years, and at the time I would only care about Kowloon, but now every time I go back to the city (the longest was a month long), I stay on the island.
>>
>>1246177
And remember, if you ever need wifi in TST squat outside a 7/11 with all the brown dudes!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.