[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best state/city to live in us?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: demo_usa.png (61KB, 960x593px) Image search: [Google]
demo_usa.png
61KB, 960x593px
What is the best state/city to live in us?
>>
>>1245291
Florida if you are rich

Texas if you arent
>>
>>1245412
If you're rich you have plenty of money to afford air conditioning in your mansions, what happens when you go outside in the summer? Going to feel like shit constantly.
>>
Never been to USA. But i'd imagine any temperate climate state on the coast outside of the main cities/ crime zones would be good.
Probably Maine, Vermont region.
>>
>>1245291
State of denial
Everything is OK here
>>
>>1245291
California
>>
>>1245466
Dubs of truth
>>
Depends on what you're into.

Objectively, Massachusetts is the best state in America. It's expensive but the high prices keep the large number of undesirables out.

If you're a poor but you have the will to work and you want to achieve he American dream, Oklahoma and Texas are the #1 & #2 places here. They're immune to economic stagnation.

Utah is an underrated state when it comes to natural beauty.

I think people from Ohio like Ohio a lot but I haven't been and can't really explain it.

There's no objective best US state. They're either filled with violent minorities, religious zealots, or white people who beg the government to put poor people around them.
>>
>>1245291
any of the emirates in clapistan are equally good, lead poisioning might be hard to avoid though, vaccines against that are banned though. have fun getting shot
>>
new orleans if you're cool
new york city if you're middlebrow
san francisco if you're a yuppie
miami if you're not american
boston if you have terrible taste
>>
>>1245291
birmingham alabama, yes siree!
>>
>>1245291
This 4chan, so I'm going to say NC.
>>
>>1245745
Got nothing on Little rock Arkansas
>>
Texas and Louisiana suck. Some parts of Florida are good. I would personally choose somewhere in the Northeast. Just avoid Ohio.
>>
San Diego is the only objectively awesome place to live in the US that I can think of.

Northern cities have shit weather and generally cold people.

Texas is really backwards outside of the cities, and the cities tend to feel more like suburbs with massive highways everywhere since they're so spread out. The exception is Austin, which is only awesome in comparison to the rest of Texas.

Florida sounds great on paper but it's full of some of the shittiest people.

So I'd say San Diego or North Carolina around the research triangle region would be the best spot to live, all things considered. Reasonably decent people, decent weather by US standards, fairly laid-back.
>>
>>1245291
I love San Diego, but unless you're rich already most of socal is pretty awful to be. I am living here now and cannot afford it.. I just lost my job + my lease is up, so i've been homeless and jobless for a month now.. taking small gigs here n there. I really wanna leave but also don't want to because of how beautiful it is here. Though - the only problem is how overly developed everything is - it is insane! houses and buildings everywhere.

I'd say somewhere in SOCAL if you have money, if you don't probably up in the pacific northwest.
>>
File: 1490806327134.png (267KB, 480x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490806327134.png
267KB, 480x527px
>>1245770
>Texas and Louisiana suck
What?
>>
>>1245772
If you don't like the sprawl of Texas cities, why would you like RTP area? "Suburbs with lots of highways" seems a good description of RTP and surrounding communities.
>>
>>1245817
I really don't think there's anywhere on the west coast you can live well if you aren't rich.
>>
>>1245818
>different people value different thing
>whaaa?

I can think of some positive things about Texas and Louisiana but they won't appeal to everyone, or be enough to trump the negatives.

Welcome to the world and life.
>>
>>1245827
true, because why the fuck would anyone wanna live elsewhere in the US? - ha ha

Arizona is pretty cheap..
>>
>>1245832
West does not = West Coast.

I don't know much about the rest of Arizona but Phoenix is a shit hole. If you're just trying to save money why not go somewhere comfy like Omaha, Kansas City, or OKC?
>>
>>1245291
Generally speaking, university towns are pretty good. Madison, WI; Austin, TX; etc.
>>
>>1245828
I guess you are right, some people probably think that going to Europe is retarded and going to bumfuck africa is a great idea

But i'm still allowed to call those people fucking retards, welcome to the world and life
>>
>>1245291
Washington state

Seattle is a world-class city within an hour or two of mountains, rainforest, etc

Eastern washington is gorgeous, Columbia river gorge is incredible, nice hot dry weather.

But at the end of the day it depends on your taste and budget.
>>
>>1245291
There really is no objective "best" because any area you pick is most likely congruent with some other area on the complete opposite side of the country. Besides the obvious exceptions which don't qualify for being the best of anything anyways.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.