[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/ Complete rookie in terms of travelling alone here. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Download.jpg (244KB, 817x588px) Image search: [Google]
Download.jpg
244KB, 817x588px
Hi /trv/
Complete rookie in terms of travelling alone here. I've got a few questions and would be grateful if somebody would bother to help me out.
My age 22 and I'm going on a world trip in roughly 2-3 weeks for at least 6 months. Have been dreaming of this since I was 16, though I never really thought about preparing that in any way.
My "plan" is basically to hitchhike somewhere to spain, try to get a job as deckboy or something on a cargo freighter and look where I'm gonna land. That's pretty much as far as it goes since I really suck at planning. and I won't bother making some complex plan that falls apart the first day in.

Now here's my questions:
>Does hitchhiking still work somewhat efficient?
>Do I need some special papers to get on a boat/is it actually possible to simply get hired on one?
>What can happen if I build up my tent somewhere in a forest illegally and I get caught?
>My basic equipment currently consists of some clothes, a rainjacket, a tent and a sleeping bag and a scooter. What else would you recommend?

Sorry for the bad structuring. I suck at that.
>>
>>1245183
>Do I need some special papers to get on a boat/is it actually possible to simply get hired on one?
Jumping in before people start attacking... there's no such thing as bumbling your way onto a freighter. You need licenses, qualifications, and on many routes, union membership. It is not the high seas of the 1850s. Freight companies are highly regulated and highly insured, and the people who work for them (lots of underpaid Filipinos, among others) know what they're doing.

This is kind of a meme here.
>>
>>1245183
You might want to think this over better, try looking up and contacting people who have already done this and see what they did
>>
>>1245183
Drop the scooter, hitchiking works if you look the part, you need papers to get on a boat this isn't a 19th century adventure book.

Good luck.
>>
>>1245187
>You need licenses, qualifications, and on many routes, union membership
>you need papers to get on a boat
Where do I get those then? I'm Austrian, I have absolutely no experience with ships and norms. That's why I thought about Spain, since those guys are a bit more lax in terms of laws and regulations. And getting paid shit isn't really a problem.

>>1245268
That's what I'm currently doing. Most people I've talked with did fly somewhere (mostly south america) and derp around there. I try to avoid flying.
>>
>>1245274
How does one look the part for hitchhiking?
>>
>>1245325
>That's why I thought about Spain, since those guys are a bit more lax in terms of laws and regulations. And getting paid shit isn't really a problem.
Maritime law is no less strict in Spain than it is anywhere else.

You might look at these: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_maritime_colleges
>>
>>1245355
By looking good, to be honest. Being at least somewhat respectful looking goes a long way and takes you too.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.