[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Year Abroad in Italy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Capture 295.png (276KB, 290x406px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 295.png
276KB, 290x406px
I'm studying abroad in Genoa, Italy next year. Was only given like 4 choices by my college.
Only picked it because no Chads from my university were going and because it didn't have direct flights to my country meaning i will be more likely to travel though Europe than go home. And seems like there's some things to do

Anyone ever experience Genoa or have insider information of Italy in general?
>>
File: genova.jpg (553KB, 939x894px) Image search: [Google]
genova.jpg
553KB, 939x894px
hey italian here.
i live in rome but i traveled for a good part of italy.
genoa is a nice city on the sea, i've been there twice. most people think it's just the aquarium but there are a lot of important places and attractions. i remember my favourite was the lighthouse.
in my opinion you did good by choosing genova since it's much less of a tourist trap than venice or rome.
if you need help with something else just ask!
>>
i'm >>1245615
hey OP, just noticed you said you are going to study abroad all next year in genoa. in that case you are going to need some other informations. i suggest you look up the exchange between your currency and euros.
regarding moving in the city, the city is not that big and is well "connected" there is a subway line with 7 stations and 138 bus lines and also some elevators in the panoramic zones of the city. Look up http://www.visitgenoa.it/en/public-transports

what else do you need? i assume you are doing dealing with a students exchange program so you already have a place to stay there right?
>>
File: IMG_20160516_114253.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160516_114253.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Genova is a based city. Its historical centre is huge (but because there's loads of alleyways, it often stinks of piss). I'm going there again this summer.
Plus, it has everything you might need in the vicinty: hills/mountains, the sea, the Cinque Terre (go in spring, NOT in summer).

Any questions?
>>
>>1245617 >>1245651

How easy is it to get accomodation there.. My study abroad coordinator in my college said that we should leave booking accomodation until we are actually moved out there and stay in hostels until we've found somewhere.
But I'm skeptical of that.
>>
>>1245660
Probably your program have some connection, in italy normally students find accomodation thru word of mouth or internet postings, you can also try facebook groups. Maybe get an airbnb for the first couple of weeks if you wanna feel safe.

I don't know much about Genova but it has a decent reputation for a big city. Protip: it helps a lot if you pick up sone conversational italian since even young people often struggle with english.
>>
>>1245660
Italian universities rarely have purpose-built accommodation for students.
Definitely start looking for a place before you go to Genova, but do *not* pay for any room you haven't personally inspected. There's loads of scammers/shit landlords around who want to fleece you.
Try looking in the Facebook group of your particular faculty, there will be ads there with places close to where you will study.

That said, my Genovese friends have always told me there's loads of uninhabited buildings and the city's population average is among the oldest in Italy (and thus, the world). Finding a place to stay should not be too hard.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.