[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

United Trying to Jew Me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: kopack.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
kopack.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Hey /trv/, my girlfriend and I are travelling to Europe on the 11th of this month. We are flying United because we were able to get round trip tickets from ATL - MXP for about $630 each.

We have been debating what kind of baggage we should use for our trip and we decided to just bring two larger backpacks along for our carry-on to store clothes, and bring one Kopack security backpack for the super important stuff (Eurail Pass, Passports, Electronics).

The only thing is, the kopack is technically too large to be considered a personal item. It's about two inches too wide and two inches too tall. We won't be stuffing this bag by any stretch of the imagination, It's just for the important stuff. Our other two bags are stuffed full and are a little too large in some areas where it bulges out to be carry-on size. I can squeeze it to make them smaller since they are just backpacks stuffed with clothes, and the packs themselves are pretty flexible.

I'm a little worried that the Jews at United are going to try and make me check the bags. We each get one checked bag for free, so I'm not worried too much about the money, but we are trying to do everything we can to avoid checking them because we have two layovers on the way there. One in EWR for four hours, and one in MUC for four hours. In MUC we switch to Lufthansa for our final stretch to MXP. If anything I've ever heard about United is true, we will be delayed at least a little bit. Since we are switching airlines at that time, it is no longer the responsibility of United to try and make a reasonable effort to get us on that flight. If we miss it, we miss it, and we'll have to try and work something else out. Or at least that's the way I understand it.

I've been trying to come up with a plan to avoid talking to United agents. This plan includes doing self check in at a kiosk and printing my boarding pass there, and avoiding the gate agents until it's time to actually board.

cont.
>>
File: united carry on tool.jpg (77KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
united carry on tool.jpg
77KB, 600x600px
>>1244885

Do any of you have experience flying United?
How likely are they to stop me and ask to measure my bags?
Do they make you put the bag in one of those little measuring things at the gate? (pic related)

I've flown southwest many times in the past, and they are super cool about baggage, but this is my first time on an international flight, and first time with United.

General flight itinerary.

May 11
United
Fly from ATL to EWR
Fly from EWR to MUC
May 12
Lufthansa
Fly from MUC to MXP

June 1
Air Canada
Fly from MXP to YYZ
Over night layover
June 2 Fly from YYZ to ATL

I am planning on taking the Toronto Express to get to downtown Toronto and hang out a while, possibly stay in airbnb.
Is there anything you'd recommend for us to see, other than CN Tower?

Also, general baggage thread.

My layovers are not long enough to do anything here, but I will have a nice layover on the way back.
>>
If it ever becomes a problem, just get really angry and yell "What are you gonna do? Drag me away and make my mouth bleed?!"
>>
Wait a minute, are carry-on limits actually enforced?

My last flight, I literally could not fit my bag in one of those measuring things. When I checked in, I even admitted to the counter agent that I was 2 kilograms over the limit. No one told me to do anything.
>>
If you booked through united and it's on the same ticket, it's on them to make sure your luggage gets to mxp. That LH flight should have a united code share if you were able to book it.
>>
>>1244885
>>1244886

If you have 4 hours to transfer to Lufthansa, I wouldn't worry. That should give you plenty of time in MUC to talk to the Lufthansa service agents -- they can and will check on the status of your checked luggage if you ask them.
>>
>manchild books tickets because of the price
>on an airline that states carry-on dimensions on website
>manchild is upset that the bag they own is larger than this and feels like they shouldn't have to follow the rules
>manchild accuses airline of being a tight jew but wants his own way (oh the irony)
>united has done nothing wrong but manchild titles his thread 'united trying to jew me' in a fit of self-inflicted persecution

thread hidden
>>
>>1245006
Faggot
>>
>>1244885
I've flown United many dozens of times (live in a hub city). They typically don't enforce carry on size limits too strictly until flights start getting full, when they start asking for volunteers to gate-check bigger stuff. However, gate checked stuff doesn't go into the main baggage compartment, I don't think, because it's usually on the gangway when you disembark. So there's little risk of loss. Also, UA and LH should check through without issue. There is a lot to hate about United, but they've never lost my luggage.
>I've been trying to come up with a plan to avoid talking to United agents. This plan includes doing self check in at a kiosk and printing my boarding pass there, and avoiding the gate agents until it's time to actually board.
Can you do self-check for international flights from US airports? I haven't flown to Europe in a while, but recall that the check in agents typically want to look at your passport.
>>
>>1245045
Also, as a Yid I'm offended by all the Jew talk.
>>
>>1245045
There are kiosks now where you can even scan your passport. Some people might be asked to speak to an agent, but this is supposed to work.
>>1245047
Also, sorry. I don't mean to offend. It's just an expression I picked up in high school from one of my teachers.
>>
>>1244902
I literally never even check to see
that being said I have a bag for carryon for spirit it works for every airline
>>
>>1245113
>I have a bag for carryon for spirit it works for every airline
Are you trying to say that Spirit has the most restrictive baggage limits?

I can't see why else you would use Spirit as a metric.
>>
>>1245161
Spirit is notorious for nickel and diming passengers in any way they can.
One way they do this is by charging as much as possible for baggage.
They probably have the smallest carry-on bag allowances.
>>
>>1245006
this

>>1245051
that's what hitler said

re the thread... i'm not gonna help for two reasons.
1) you're the worst type of anti-semite, the one that doesn't even recognize they're anti-semites.
2) but mostly: i hate those cheap ass masses who bring oversize items, and the overhead lockers become too heavy and full cause of them. just pay the set price, esp if it's an intercontinental ticket anyway. or (blasphemy) don't pack that much!
>>
>>1245286
Well, first of all, I'm not an anti Semite. You don't know me or my sense of humor. (North Georgia born and raised)

And second. It's not as if I'm bringing a huge duffel bag on the trip with me. The bag I want to bring that I am worried about is only two inches too big. On width and height. The bag will not be overstuffed. I was just keeping a laptop, tablet, passports, and train passes in it. If I need to fold it a little I can. I'm just trying to find out if it will be a big deal or not. It's not like I would actually have to pay any extra to check the bag since I will be getting a free checked bag anyways, I would just rather not have to do that because of the two connections I have to make on the way there, and if there is a delay when I switch airlines I don't want to risk missing my flight because I had to collect my bag and re check it.

Christ I can't believe how butthurt people are getting because I said Jew.
>>
>>1245286
One other thing, I'm bringing one pair of slacks, one pair of jeans, two pair shorts, 7 tees, 2 button up shirts, 5 boxer, 5 pair socks, pair of dress shoes and sandals in my clothes only bag.

That bag fits within the official dimensional requirements. Is that over packing for a three week trip?
>>
>>1245602
You're stupid as hell. Not only do you have no clue about codeshare agreements, but you're apologizing to a damn Jew for saying Jew on the internet.
>>
>>1244885
It sounds more like you're trying to Jew United.
>>
>>1245286
You're the worst type of Jew. The kind who believes he is entitled to angrily lecture non-Jews about anything that offends him - while being easily offended - and presumably retaining the right to say "you're being anti-semitic" in response to legitimate criticism of his own actions or those of other Jews.
>>
File: wallop.jpg (54KB, 501x569px) Image search: [Google]
wallop.jpg
54KB, 501x569px
>>1244885

Assholes like you who take up all the overhead trying to squeeze in a refrigerator box that they've duct taped handles to need to be beaten and pulled off the flight.
>>
>>1244885
>I can squeeze it to make them smaller since they are just backpacks stuffed with clothes, and the packs themselves are pretty flexible.
Right here. This didn't need a discussion.

Carry-on baggage that is incapable of staying within the airline's designated limits are not allowed or strongly discouraged.

Carry-on baggage that is capable of staying within those limits are allowed.

If you can squeeze it, then guess what? You're within limits.
>>
Never had a problem with carry-ons, but United did make me re-check some bags (and pay for it) because the layover was too long. Fuck them.
>>
>>1245727
Am I though?

>>1245738
Did you even read the original post? The carry-on luggage is well withing the official limit. I'm just talking about my personal item, which is two inches too big in height, and width, which are easily compacted since that bag will not be stuffed.

I'm just trying to find out if United will be making a big deal about it being just slightly larger than the guidelines. (Again, easily compacted)

Assholes like you can shove it up your our ass.

Fuck yourself with your stupid refrigerator baggage bullshit. Grow up man.

>>1245740
Thank you. This is all I was trying to find out. If they will not make a big deal out of it, I can stop worrying about it.

>>1245744
How long was your layover that you had to recheck it?
>>
>>1244901
FPBP
>>
>>1244885
f your route includes a leg on any of he little feeder planes (Embrears, iirc) you'll probably have to check even a bag tat technically is the allowed size. Those planes are tiny.
>>
>>1245826
Yeah my route on the way back from YYZ to ATL is on an Embrear.

I've already resigned myself to have to pay to check a bag at this point. It'll only be $25 dollars and, more importantly, I don't have to worry about catching a connecting flight since I'll be home then.
>>
>>1244885
>trying
It's an airline, you will be jewed.
>>
>>1244901
that is a bit much. Just make some jew jokes, they are generally accepted, people will laugh and make room for your bag
>>
>>1244885

Just pay it, you cheap fuck.
>>
>>1245796
It was overnight, but we were on the last plane in and the first plane out. I wanna say it was around 12 hours, but I've had much longer layovers where I didn't have to recheck it.
>>
>>1245796
>Am I though?
Yes. You're trying to game the system to save a few shekels.

But I get it, you're young and probably not super well financed so it's no biggie.

And by the way, your Kopack is basically a meme. The fancy locks or whatever it has don't stop a refugee, alienated youth or [insert preferred euphemism for criminal scum] from running off with it if you let your guard down in a crowded place.

Keep your passport and rail passes on you (in one of those little hidden travel bags if you are the type of guy who loses wallets). Your electronics will be fine in your room, just keep them in your bag and don't tempt fate... or use a room safe if the hotel is a bit sketchy. If you're in a dorm then your bag is not good enough and you will need to get a locker/safe.

Have fun in Europe
>>
>>1246040
If you had read the original post you would know it's not about the money you dolt. I get to check a bag for free. It's about the inconvenience of worrying about re checking a bag during my layovers.

>>1246103
Again, not about the money.
I'm trying to make the point that the apparent greed of the airline is going to inconvenience me during my layovers. Not because I don't want to pay.

About the financing, I've been meaning to ask, is 2500 a good budget for two people for three weeks? First time with this kind of trip. All accommodations and travel are already planned and paid for, so there is nothing much left for us to pay except for a few guided tours and a Vespa tour.

About the kopack, I've been trying to learn about how gypsies get you. So far in my studies I've learned to never let go of my bag in a crowd. It will also clip to the front of me and is anti slash. I chose this one also because the zippers are not easily accessible unless your jerk me around some and unzip it while it's on my back.
>>
>>1246175
Is your trip all on one ticket? ATL-EWR-MUC-MXP and MXP-YYZ-ATL
>>
>>1246294
Yes. It is a round trip ticket.
>>
>>1244902
Not really, the rule of thumb is "if it can fit through a TSA scanner." especially if you self-check in.

At the worst the gate agent will most likely have it gate checked, (in the luggage compartment) Very rarely do gates even have bag-tag printers, since youre inside security. But that might have changed, I havent worked at an airport since 2009.
>>
>>1245744
>United did make me re-check some bags (and pay for it) because the layover was too long. Fuck them.
Airlinefag again. I've used UA's software in the past (Shares) a lot of airline software is programmed that way to inhibit long layovers and checked bags. Although on some systems its configurable.

The thing to keep in mind about airline reservations/check in systems, its FUCKING ANCIENT. A lot of it was developed in the 70s and 80s (and earlier) There have been some improvements, but you can only make so many remodels to an old house before you have to tear down and rebuild.

And if you go that direction, All your neighbors have to do the same, because the systems need to talk to each other, so any radical improvements you try to make must be compatible with the entire industry, and that still relies on technology.

/blog
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.