[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Capture 599.png (312KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
Capture 599.png
312KB, 640x509px
I'm 20 travelling alone from north west italy to ireland after i'm done working there in July.

Basically it means travelling through through South East of France to North West France where the boats go to Ireland from. Or I'll take a boat to south England and a train to Wales after, before another boat to Ireland.

I'm not taking a flight because its high tourist season and will cost ~ 200 euros when i will be booking. And I want to bring cheap booze back.

Any of you know if a cheap way of going through France at short notice. And know nice regional cities in southern France, Central France, or north along the way. Or maybe south West England either. I will probably stay for around 5 days, and don't want to spend too much or operate in no go zone areas.
>>
The ferry to Dublin leaves from Cherbourg, which is very close to the Normandy beaches. If you're a burger those are pretty dang cool.

What I think you're asking is if there is a cheap/easy way take the Clermont-Tours-Le Mans route to Cherbourg from Marseille as opposed to going through Paris. The answer for a 20 year old is no. The answer to somebody 25 and over is yes. None of the car rental agencies will even rent to you at age 20, and the prices for those 21-25 are prohibitive.

You're really probably off just flying unless you are dying to explore central France, which I think is a pretty cool place if you can drive yourself around. But you cant, so its either train or plane for you.
>>
>>1244737

I don't really have any choice because I live in Ireland and those days are the only time i'll be able to afford a holiday before October/ November at least. I've been in Normandy, Brittany, and Picardie before so I prefer to go

Really want to go Dartmoor National Park in England, might go there.

Is there much to do in Lyon?

I have family in Paris so I'll probably spend some time there too.
>>
>>1244772
All roads in France lead to Paris, so if you're going there you can then go anywhere with minimal effort.
>>
Cassis, near Marseille is fucking cool. Calanques all up in your shit and roads paved in goddamned marble. I imagine it has zero nightlife, but if you want some sweet beaches and an adorable little town, that's the jam. Regular busses from Marseille
>>
there are cheap buses but you have to route yourself.
or check rome2rio

also car sharing like blablacar

all in all I reckon you won't save much if at all if you factor in accommodation costs
>>
>>1244952
Yeah I just checked the ferry costs for a foot passenger and its 100 euro. Anytime I went to Wales, it was around 10-20 euro, i thought it would be just a little bit more. If I don't take the plane, I might just go via Calais and London.

Trains and boat combined to Ireland from London only costs about 35 euro. Or else I'll just fly from Paris.

I know I probably will spend more than 200 euro and I can probably afford to spend 300-400 travelling.
>>
>>1244725

I'm going to France in a couple of days myself. Honestly i'm not 100% psyched on going to Paris for the first week of my vacation.
>>
>>1245266
what was the point of this comment?
>>
>>1245266
Why not?
>>
File: 20170421_152757.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_152757.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>1244772
I live in Lyon though I'm no frog. Ask whatever you want
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.