[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Workaway thread! How do you get money while being abroad for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: logo_og_image.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
logo_og_image.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
Workaway thread!

How do you get money while being abroad for more than two months? Most of the hosts 'only' offer accomodation and meals. Did you save some money, work as a freelancer? I want to hear your stories!

I recently lost my job and now I'm free to go anywhere. I live in the EU, so it's easy to get a job anywhere in Europe. No shit like visa or work permit.
>>
>>1244180
If you can get a job all over europe why would you pay money to be able to contact hosts of modern day slavery schemes?
>>
>>1244182
I wouldn't call it slavery. You're free to go whenever you want, you only have to work for 2-4 hours per day and you get free accomodation and meals, which are more expensive than a paid worker.
>>
>>1244182
Well, I don't want to work in the field I'm qualified for anymore. It's easy to work here because I don't need a visa, I didn't mean that it's easy to find a regular job. But that's not what I'm looking for anyways.
>>
>>1244185
You work without a salary for room and food in jobs where a valid legal work contract with adequate compensation is mandatory by law. (And no room and food is not adequate compensation)
>go to a country
>occupy typical fully paid student/entry level seasonal or temporary jobs
>undercut local wages by doing it for free or for a way to low salary
>lower the worker protection standards
>pay no taxes
>b-but I can bum around n shieeeeeet
>a-at least I'm free to go whenever I want r-r-right?
or you can be fired at any time at your patrons discretion without any form of protection
>go home and complain about Ndambe from Somalia or Pablo from Nicaragua doing the same shit in your country just fulltime.

>>1244191
Just google student jobs or contact a temp. work agency. You will find all kind of short term jobs where you will earn enough money and not be part of some illegal employment trickery.
>some part time agencies like manpower are all over europe, will always have 10-20h per week for 2 weeks up to 6months gastronomy/hotel/logistic "no skills required" jobs, do the paperwork correctly, pay you a fair wage and you will get a employment reference letter.
>>
>>1244242
But isnt it a bitch to get a working visa? Plus, wouldnt that tie you down to only one area for the entire trip?
>>
>>1244481
If you got a Schengen Passport you can work anywhere in the area no problem, it's 5min of paper work. If you want to work and live anywhere else find a employer and they will get you the work/residence permit even if you entered with a waiver/tourist visa in no time.
Everyone prefers a tax payer over a leech and they will give you a lot of leeway as long as you can provide for yourself.
>>
>>1244494
But wouldnt it cost more money to officially work a part time and live in a hostel, in comparison to working a couple hours and getting food and accommodation?
>>
>>1244182
>modern day slavery schemes
No, they donate a portion of their time to help around in exchange for accommodation, food and a unique chance to experience a country from non-touristy side.
>>
>>1244182
I don't get why some people are so opposed to it. It obviously isn't slavery if the people are volunteering their time and can leave literally whenever they want. If anything it's less slavery than an actual job, since you're not really locked into a contract and you can pick up and go somewhere else whenever you want. I get if you personally aren't into it, but I've only heard good stories from people who gave it a chance (and didn't do something like send one email to a guy with no reviews or pictures and then pack up and go there).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.