[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LOS ANGELES 4 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Staying in LA for a few days for a mini vacation with my wife, going in our Miata from Phoenix. Last time we were here a while a back we did the Griffith Observatory, Santa Monica Pier, and Universal Studios. Any locals have any recommendations for places to eat, good driving roads, etc?
>>
>>1244119
That picture is beautiful
>>
Oh another LA thread, cool!

I would say take the ferry to Catalina Island, check out some museums around downtown like the MOCA or The Broad. take a drive down the Pacific Coast highway from the 10 to Point Mugu state park before sunset hits. Upp the Angeles Crest Highway or the CA-39 up in Azusa through the San Gabriel canyon (super underrated)

For food, it depends if youre looking for anything specific but in general, for Mexican/Central American look up some places in East or South LA. Korean in Ktown/Mid City. Japanese in Little Tokyo(cheaper) or Sawtelle. Chinese in San Gabriel, and the Valley has a bunch of great food spots scattered around as does the rest of the city.

Anything else youd like to ask?
>>
File: 1492001688857.jpg (68KB, 916x930px) Image search: [Google]
1492001688857.jpg
68KB, 916x930px
>>1244144
Thanks anon. Any particular Chinese or Korean food places that you like in particular? How about shopping? I like unique and interesting stuff, I may try going to The Last Bookstore and see what they have there.
>>
>>1244144
Catalina is a waste of time and so is going anywhere that's east of the 110 and north of the 10.

In fact visiting LA for vacation at all seems like a waste of time and this is coming from someone that lives here.
>>
How about the Hollywood strip? It's dirty and smelly, but touristy during the day time. If you like movies you'll love it.

How about a theme park like Universal Studios or Disneyland?

Olvera Street is a small historic tiny street in Los Angeles. It's lively on weekend days.

Venice Beach is fun for people watching.
>>
>>1244189
Theres a bunch, but I really love savoy kitchen in san gabriel.As fo Ktown, im not really sure, your best bet is to just google some best food in Ktown if you do go.

For unique stufff go to wacko in Los Feliz on hollywood blvd. The museum of death is interesting too. The last bookstore is cool if a bit overrated. You can try window shopping on rodeo drive or the grove. Cathedrals of consumption those are.
>>
For Hollywood:
Hit up Hollywood and Highland just for the tourist sites (Chinese theatre, etc) then move on to Hollywood and Vine for food and bars. Stout has great burgers and they're 6 dollars during happy hour. Kitchen 24 is good for all day breakfast but is a bit pricey. I'm not sure how into bars you are but I have a ton of recs for that if interested.

Not sure where you're staying but I highly recommend using the LA metro system instead of driving. I live here and use it constantly and its great, you get 2 hours of transfers from any bus or subway line for 1.75 (and you won't get stabbed, though the Red Line has some crazies). It's way better than fucking around driving in traffic and paying 20 bucks for parking.

For downtown:
Skip the Broad, its a free museum and unless you want to waste an hour in line waiting to get in (assuming you don't have in-advance tickets) it isn't worth it. LACMA is far superior if you're into museums.
Perch is a fun bar as its on the top of a building with nice views. If you really want a great view and have a hearty wallet/are okay with a dress code then 71Above is amazing as its on the 71st floor of the tallest building in LA. Only worth it if its a clear day though.
Also for the best chicken sandwich of your life hit up Plan Check.

Skip Catalina, it'll waste a whole day and is very expensive. Unless you've been to LA multiple times skip the entire OC and just explore Los Angeles.
>>
>>1244574
I want to fit in so not to be robbed by people hunting tourists, how do I dress/look like a Californian?
>>
hey i am from germany and want to go to los angeles. i read that weed is legal in california, but can i buy it as a tourist? i was in seattle and just had to show my passport to buy weed in the store. is it the same in l.a. or do i need a medical card or something?
>>
>>1244574
>it'll waste a whole day
>waste

I laugh at this
>>
>>1244119
Op go to Porto's bakery in Glendale,bell gardens and downy you won't regret it

https://maps.google.com/maps?cid=1933684919945960429
t.califag
>>
>>1244759
Just don't carry a huge camera around on your neck and wear shorts/t-shirt if you're really that concerned (it'll probably be hot as fuck anyway). It's really mostly the camera thing.
>>
Go check out Howlin' Ray's in chinatown. You can look them up on yelp they have good chicken. For fried chicken wings the best korean ones are in the back of the HK mart on first and western. Park's bbq is considered to be one of the best korean bbqs in ktown. The korean dodger pitcher ate there everyday for a while when he first moved to LA. Kind of expensive though. M-Grill is a brazilian bbq spot and is bomb
>>
>>1244119
Why do yoy have a wife?

If you have taste, mo ey and appreciate variety LA is the world's best city for whores.
>>
I want to go to LA and sniff Latina butts
>>
What are some good spots in LA for Mexican food?
>>
>>1245784
East LA
>>
>>1245960
anything more specific?
>>
>>1245784
Do not go to East LA it is a major minority shithole with nothing to offer and good Mexican food can be found away in LA.
Casa la dona is pretty good and in downtown LA.

Also it isn't Mexican food but going around downtown LA you will see mexicans with food stands/trucks selling hotdogs. The hotdogs are cheap as hell, the people selling them are nice, and the food is great. I really suggest getting one of those while you're in LA. Avoid Pinks hotdogs at all costs.
>>
>>1246539
How bad can East LA really be? It's not 1992 anymore.
>>
>>1246661
Other anon is being stupid

East LA is a unincorporated neighborhood of LA and while noticebly worse than west LA, its not as ghetto as south or even aome parts of central LA. Its by no means a shithole but it is a rough area.

East LA can also refers to that area including the following eastside neighborhoods: Lincoln heights, El Sereno, City Terrace, and Boyle Heights. Which are all Mexican and central American majorities. These areas have high rates of gang activity, theft and dirtiness( excluding some parts of city terrace and el sereno) but offer a look at some authentic Latin American culture, food and hospitality.

These areas are a hundred times safer than they were in the 90s and if you give them a chance youll find some gems inside each neighborhood.

Source: I grew up in Lincoln heights during the 90s and my parents still live there.
>>
>>1246743
He's probably talking about Boyle Heights and other neighborhoods in that region. I'n guessing it's rough around the edges but really not that bad overall.
>>
>>1246743
I'll fully admit I haven't been there in recent years but I really don't see a reason for a tourist to go there considering how huge L.A. is and how there are very few things to do in East L.A. The Mexican food is probably great but it seems like something someone native to L.A. should try rather than a tourist visiting for less than a week.
>>
>>1244189
Elite seafood is the best Chinese, and not just seafood
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.