[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is there to do in Northern Italy besides Venice and Florence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Italy_regions.png (983KB, 2289x2583px) Image search: [Google]
Italy_regions.png
983KB, 2289x2583px
What is there to do in Northern Italy besides Venice and Florence?

I will be in Slovenia during summer and I would like to spend some time in Italy, but I'm afraid of the cost...I would like to keep it to around $60 or 70/day if possible.

Is that possible in Venice/Florence and other places around there if we mostly stick to walking around aimlessly, stay away from fancy restaurants, and sometimes go into museums?
>>
Are you the average tourist who thinks about every countries in the same way? Italy is not Japan, where you have Tokyo and Kyoto to see and then you're done. Trieste, Milan, Turin, Verona, Mantova, Padova, Bergamo, Bologna, Ferrara, Ravenna, Genova are all wonderful cities to visit and to hang out. Check them out on Google Images if you have any doubts.

>I would like to keep it to around $60 or 70/day if possible
If you're going to stay in hostels and B&Bs is perfectly affordable. The cheapest ones cost about 30 euros a night, just beware the availability because in summer time they're usually crowded, so book your rooms in advance. As regards food, you can easily spend 15 euros per person in pizzerias and 20-30 euros in restaurants if you don't eat like a pig. Bars always have sandwiches and stuff anyway.

Venice is the only "fly in the ointment", because it has mainly higher prices, especially for sleep (it's small, so obviously hotel rooms are limited).
>>
>>1244048
>Japan, where you have Tokyo and Kyoto to see and then you're done

I think you are pretty clueless m8.
>>
>>1244099
What other cities should one visit in Japan?
>>
>>1244099
Found the Japan general poster
>>
>>1244105
Found the autistic troll who always calls Japan boring to be edgy and has a pathological obsession with the Japan general.

>>1244104
Osaka, Sapporo, Kobe, Hiroshima, Okinawa... etc.

Nagoya can definitely be skipped.

Anyway, last post in this thread, the OP is asking about Italy--I'm out.
>>
I'm in Venice again right now (I couldn't help myself) but I just spent time roaming the Veneto before that. The list of things to do on that budget is plenty. I was in Verona for a few days, great city with an awesome hilltop fortress campsite. All depends on your transport and where you want to stay. Also, I did some stomping around Garda lake, but pretty much all Italian lakes are very beautiful.

Currently doing Venice on around 50/60 euro a day.
>>
File: P1090269-vi.jpg (53KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
P1090269-vi.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>1243994
>What is there to do in Northern Italy besides Venice and Florence?

Alps, Alps everywhere!
>>
File: Capture11.jpg (39KB, 752x587px) Image search: [Google]
Capture11.jpg
39KB, 752x587px
>>1244104
>What other cities should one visit

Interesting assumption that only cities are worth visiting...
>>
>>1244233
But shit weather in large parts of the italian alps ATM...
>>
>>1244114
I'll give you Okinawa for the natural environment and Hiroshima for the historical value, but Kobe, Sapporo and Osaka are just some second-hand Tokyos. I really like such cities and can't wait to see them (I'm planning a three months journey around Japan), but let's be realistic: they have nothing to do with Italian cities. When you move from Genova to Turin, from Milan to Trento and so on you literally jump between different worlds. This is just to say the variety is enormous, each city has its own unique heritage you can't find anywhere else and everywhere you go you have something to learn. I was not implying Japanese cities are less beautiful.

>>1244234
>What other cities should one visit in Japan?
I reread my post and I can't find that assumption anywhere
>>
File: IMG_20170315_072740.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_072740.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1244253
Because cities are the only places worth visiting, right? You've never even been to Japan so you don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1244600
>Because cities are the only places worth visiting, right?
I absolutely don't think this. Where is that nice place?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.