[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Book hotels while there or beforehand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1481675607523.jpg (2MB, 3827x2505px) Image search: [Google]
1481675607523.jpg
2MB, 3827x2505px
Going to be visiting Germany, France, Switzerland, Austria, and Czech republic for 2 weeks at the beginning of August.

Will be visiting cities like Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Bern, Interlaken, Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Cesky Krumlov, and Prague.

I am traveling with 2 friends, would it be smart for me to go to hotels while I am over there or book before hand, does it really matter?

And no hostels, our budget is enough to afford $200-400 Usd rooms per night.
>>
>>1243853
If you're not prepared to stay in hostels let alone sleep rough then yes obviously book ahead.
>>
>>1243853
I'd book a couple of days beforehand, unless you know exactly when you're going from place to place. I like to have a bit of flexibility with that so I usually book 1 or 2 days in advance, you can almost always find a good place available in that amount of time, sometimes you can get better deals since they want to fill rooms last minute.
>>
>Austria
>Innsbruck
>Salzburg
>not Vienna
shame on you, Anon.
>>
File: flay otters.jpg (35KB, 620x372px) Image search: [Google]
flay otters.jpg
35KB, 620x372px
>>1243853
>at the beginning of August.
I'd book now m8, or at least by the end of June. A lot of the larger European hotel chains, particularly in the budget hotel sector, have similar pricing strategies to airlines, and leaving it later will usually see an increase in price. As a general rule-of-thumb, book 28 days or thereabouts in advance for the best rates, which usually are the ones you see online.

t. I'm a hotel manager...
>>
>>1243885
I was surprised he made such a good choice for austria. Obviously the most beautiful cities.
>>
>>1243903
Salzburg is dull and full of immigrants. Hallstatt would be a better pick. Bern is pretty boring too. This is a pretty shitty itinerary desu.
>>
>>1243853
August is tourism high season, and you're visiting places very much on the beaten path. No problem with that, just means that hotels are almost always full. You will maybe find stuff randomly in the smaller non-capital cities, but even if you book ahead, you'll be paying through the nose.

Because of the time of year and where you're going, I would advise to book ahead in general. As anon said, 1-2 days minimum, but certainly like BOOK NOW if you can. I also prefer the flexibility of not booking too much, but if you're fairly sure of where you're going, it makes sense. You can leave a few places unbooked, but big cities you'll definitely want to book soon. Even if you're OK with spending a few hundred a night... well, you may end up paying more.
>>
>>1243853
As a Swiss I can't understand why anyone would want to visit our country. Looks the same as everywhere else except that everything is much more expensive.

I also would book months in advance because of what >>1243902 said.
>>
>>1243853
If you're ok with spending up to 400$/night, you don't need to book in advance. But I'd do it anyways.
>>
>>1243907

Salzburg is a cute little town with quite a few things to do, Bern is a beautiful little city that is perfect to relax for a while. I lived in both (and more) places and think they are both worth the visit. The immigrant thing got a lot better and less visible compared to many other places in europe or salzburg 1 year ago
>>
>>1243885
OP here, yeah I love Vienna but we received free plane tickets that arrive and depart from Frankfurt, so Vienna is kinda to far away, planning to do Innsbruck to Munich to Salzburg to Cesky krumlov

>>1243902
Thanks will consider

>>1243907
I lived in Bern and have friends there, yeah it's kinda boring but beautiful town, also Salzburg is the best when not in tourist season but I don't have a choice and I always enjoy going

>>1243910
Lived in Bern, and trust me compared to other places, it's leagues better, plus I currently live in New Orleans and I think it's alright but everyone fucking loves it

>>1244003
Agreed
>>
>>1243910
>As a Swiss I can't understand why anyone would want to visit our country.
I can't speak for everyone, but I want to visit as many countries as possible, no matter how culturally redundant, just to say that I've been to X number of countries.

Hell, I even want to go to Liechtenstein, and that country has even less to offer.
>>
>>1243853
I see no reason not to book in advance. Hotels in major tourist cities are usually 85%+ full if you try to book the same day. If you properly plan out your trip and book in advance you will save literally half your money and have a much bigger selection to choose from. You will literally get much higher quality hotels for less money this way. Even if you're rich you'd much rather spend $200 on a 9/10 4 star hotel than blow $400 on a mediocre one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.