[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you still go to the US with an Iranian stamp on your passport?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: isfahan_iran.jpg (114KB, 800x481px) Image search: [Google]
isfahan_iran.jpg
114KB, 800x481px
Can you still go to the US with an Iranian stamp on your passport?
>>
Yes, you might get some looks or be questioned though.
>>
>>1243554
You can't get the ESTA anymore and will have to apply for a regular visa in most cases.
>>
>>1243554
yeah, as long as you're Canadian. otherwise no visa-free travel for you.
>>
>>1243554
It's all up to the border control's discretion, so I'd say it depends. If you have a shitload of other stamps or if you have some sort of journalism job then I doubt they'd refuse you entry. If, on the other hand, you just went to Syria and Iran and nowhere else, then you might get some more in depth questioning. Even then if you can explain yourself it'll probably be fine.

>>1243566
Visa waiver is still a thing though, right? It depends on where you're from, but if you're from certain countries I still don't think you need a visa beforehand.
>>
>>1244077
If you went to Iran you're banned from the ESTA visa waiver and won't be let in unless you have a regular visa. Only exception is Canada.
>>
>>1243554
Worked for me.

What are they gonna do? Deny me from entering my own country?
>>
>>1244083
Huh, I didn't know that. Guess you're fucked OP, unless you're Canadian.
>>
Fuck this shit, why can't we just love each other and abolish borders
>>
>>1244159
Yeah, great way to destroy culture and make travel pointless. Lets do that.
>>
Not OP but also wondering the same question - I'm from Australia, wanting to visit Iran but won't go if it means I can't enter the US for a couple of years.
>>
what if you get your ESTA *before* going to Iran? As in, get ESTA, go to Iran, then go to US. I guess then you'll just get extra questioning at the border, nothing much .

Anyway, all these worries are for the plebs that only have one pasport.
HA-HA
>>
>>1244172
holy shit you're a fucking genius
>>
>>1244159
>>1244167
hahahahaha
fags
>>
File: 1493296763634.jpg (141KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1493296763634.jpg
141KB, 717x880px
This entire fucking thread is pure cancer.
>rebbit tier question, le ebin first bait posting, I can't use google and talk out of my ass, le eben droll science lelelele

God fucking damn.
>>
>>1244172
ESTA is only valid for 2 years. The Iran ban is 5 years.
>>
Just get a new passport instead of going to the embassy for a US visa, assuming you are from an ESTA country
>>
File: Girls.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Girls.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>1244172
>he can't get 3 passports by birthright

Nah but I have right on a Serbian passport, and for example it's cheaper to get it than to get a visa for China. This because China gives a visa waiver to serbia
>>
>>1244090
Or go through the visa-getting process.
>>
Australian wondering about iran

Is it actually dangerous if you are going to major cities

Apparently i can get a 30 day visa on arrival which is neat

Honestly I'm not worried about getting questioned about the stamp, when you have a passport full of stamps and shit explaining a week stop over in terahn won't be hard
>>
>>1244478
>implying us customs reasoning is logical
>>
>>1244478
Iran in general isn't dangerous, it's one of the safest places in the middle-east. Don't go joining political protests and use common sense and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1244478
No only dangerous places are near Iraq and Pakistan, but the visa is like $180au
>>
>>1244536
why go to america anyway, fuck it

>>1244538
yea that's what I figured, I was in turkey during the failed coup and even that wasn't bad

>>1244557
no way, where did you hear that?
>>
>>1244536
Strike "customs," insert "Immigration and border control."

ftfy
>>
>>1244640
>why go to america anyway, fuck it
>>
>>1244646
honestly I'l go to south America, eastern Europe, Africa, south east Asia again and Antarctica before I went to the US

it just really doesn't appeal to me
>>
>>1244478
You probably feel so cool and special but wait until I tell you than every country in the world minus ~10 get visa on arrival to Iran :3

Nothing special mate. The visa on arrival is also not too easy to get. You need to prove a bunch of stuff like hotels, finances, etc.
>>
>>1244660
I'm not sure how to get the official requierments, the iranian government website doesn't have a lot of engligh pages working

I hear credit cards don't ork there, but I am highly dubious of this
I have a chinese Unionpay card I can use as well

a few hostel bookings and a wad of cash isn't so hard to manage, pretty standard really
>>
>>1244646
well I kinda think the same. Most of the world is interesting but US, Canada and Australia... meh
>>
>>1244660
>>1244665
I have got this visa early April this year and I wasn't asked shit apart from 75 euros for the visa and the 15 euros of the travel insurance (And 5 more euros that they took because they can). I had an address prepared but I wasn't asked for it. And I had been to israel with the same passport (Even though no stamp on it) which added a little tension to the situation. But easy peasy
>>
>>1244671
I'm going to Iran in August (got the ticket already), can you tell me about the visa process? It's not just showing up at the airport, is it? I have to do a bunch of stuff beforehand, right?
>>
>>1245765
I guess it depends on your nationality. I'm Spanish and I just showed up. You first pay line 15eur for the medical insurance then you go to the visa window and hand out your passport. They'll send you to the bank window next door so you can pay 75eur plus administration fee and then you go back to the visa window. After like 20min and 95eur less you'll get your passport with the visa in it. I prepared a reservation for the first night but that wasn't even necessary. I think it suffices giving an address even if you are not staying there.
>>
>>1245997
thanks for the info! I'm hungarian so same passport I guess, EU is all the same to them.

There was no ATM's, right? You had to bring cash with you, as far as I know. And how much did you end up spending, just to have an idea?
>>
>>1246002
I heard you can get some local prepaid debit card, or something like that
>>
>>1246002
I brought 3100eur in cash and end up spending 1530eur. I spent 25 entire days there. To break it down:

- Transport is very cheap. Either night buses to move between cities (this way you also save an accommodation night) or getting private drivers

- Tickets are expensive. Let's say that 5eur for Persepolis is pretty good. The problem comes when they charge between 2 and 5eur for EVERY little shit. I got really pissed when I paid 5eur to just see an empty tower from inside.

Food and drinks are quite cheap. No alcohol officially sold but if you get into private sphere you might get the "iranian vodka"

Accommodation can be expensive for what I heard. In my case I mostly slept in dorms (10 to 15eur) or shitty hotels (10 to 25eur). I heard couples saying that a private room might get pricey (up to 45eur)

I have the trip pretty fresh so if you have more questions just ask away
>>
>>1244665
>>1246002
Iran has loads of ATMs, but you can use none of them. None at all work with Visa/Mastercard/Unionpay. This is due to international sanctions. Bringing all money you need with you is the only practical way. Exchanging Euro/USD is easy, the chances of you being robbed are slim, it's a safe country.
>>1246021
If you're paranoid, I heard you can open an account at Iran Melli Bank as a tourist easily and get a local ATM card.

If you run out of cash in the country, there might be ways. Some vendors catering to tourists in Isfahan accept Visa/Mastercard - they do this by using a VPN to log into paypal and charge your credit card there. They might be able to get you cash this way, too, but no doubt at a hefty commission.
>>
>>1246031
>Iran has loads of ATMs, but you can use none of them

yeah, that's what I meant. So cash is the easiest solution, I guess.
>>1246021
>Tickets are expensive
you mean tickets to touristic attractions? Are there many places I can visit without paying or do I have to cough up for everything?

I will have 15 days in August, any tips and cool places to visit will be appreciated. My idea is to do Tehran, Tabriz and then a bunch of still-undefined small villages.

Also, I've hitchhiked a lot in Europe and south America, how likely am I to get a ride in Iran? Just for the fun of it, since from what I hear transport is so cheap it's not even worth the bother.
>>
>>1246030
also, how easy is it to hook up with Iranian cuties? White male, decent looking. I don't wanna go to jail for some pussy though, so nothing illegal or too risky.
>>
>>1246042
Yes, actually if you are a tourist pretty much everything becomes a touristic attraction.

The main route is very touristic and heavily transited, especially frenchies, germans and dutchies, in that order. That would be Kashan, Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz. It is touristic because it has a lot to offer. Second tier touristic would be the Dasht-e Kavir area around Garmeh and the Kerman area. Finally, I found Khorasan and Golestan the least touristic of all (not counting internal tourism ofc) in 5 days I only saw 3 westeners (that I could tell from the others). I can't talk for the west of the country or the persian gulf area but I guess that it will be less touristy than the main leg.

I can't tell for hitchhiking but my impression is that it's possible if you find the nice guy. Some of them may want to get some money in exchange. Beware Tarof.

>>1246044

That wasn't really in the scope of my trip. Funnily enough everybody thinks I'm iranian until I open my mouth so that kept me away from the renowned iranian hospitality and also from girls (Until they knew I was foreigner). When they realized I was foreigner their sight changed radically and they became all flirty. I don't know how far you can go with one of them but I would expect the be easier in modern places like Tehran, Shiraz and Isfahan (In that order). Another spanish guy I met told me that they are crazy for foreigners and that sex is quite easy.
>>
>>1246042
>how likely am I to get a ride in Iran?
Very likely, Iranians do it often themselves. However, paying for the ride is normal there and lots of locals will insist that getting a free ride is impossible. But it's entirely possible, just mention "raigan?" (Persian word for free) before you get in AND REPEAT IT A FEW TIMES!
This last bit is important. Iranians have this dumb ass culture of offering something for free first, but not really meaning it. I've had it happen that store clerks refused payment at first, but accepted it after I insisted. The same logic applies when you get a ride: They'll demand money in the end because they think you didn't really mean free when you said free because you didn't ask at least three times...

>>1246044
Can confirm that foreigners get a lot of attention from girls here, although they are shy. If you meet a girl though, sexytime will be nearly impossible as most unmarried girls live with their family and bringing them to your hotel room is highly illegal and WILL be prevented by the staff.

>>1246101
The west was one of my favorite parts. Definitely the prettiest part of the country nature wise and the Kurds that live there are absolutely lovely. They tend to be a little better with English than the Persians. And no other tourists at all.
>>
>>1244640
Just checked one of the sites that offers visa services, though you can get visa on arrival. It's gone up another 25 euro from last year so it's 220 aud now. Also as people have mentioned in this thread travel insurance is mandatory or you'll be charged a further fee on top of the visa, so if you do buy insurance remember to have the policy forms on you when you apply at the airport. The cost is really high for us compared to the eu because I'm pretty sure the visa is charged reciprocally and that's what it costs Iranians to get an Australian visa.
>>
>>1246115
>If you meet a girl though, sexytime will be nearly impossible as most unmarried girls live with their family and bringing them to your hotel room is highly illegal and WILL be prevented by the staff.

That's what I meant, it seems like the country's politics make it really hard to have something with them. Are there any ways to get around that? Go after students living on their own? Anything?
>>
>>1246129
No personal experience, but I've read it's possible in some hotels, you apparently need to book a separate room for both. The locals would know better. A young staff at the reception desk is more likely to give a "wink wink nudge nudge". If a hotel/lodge is offering you something alcoholic under the table that's a good sign.
>>
>>1244186
>The Iran ban is 5 years.

Source? Iran ban is forever.
>>
>>1244671
>>1244671
I had the same experience as this guy, but I already had an insurance from home. Whole process takes maybe 30 minutes.
>>
Hi friends, great thread. I'm planning to go to Iran in August, thereabouts.
Do they give you shit for having been to the US, even if it's just fleecing you for a couple euros more?
>>
>>1246772
last year in ESTA they were asking whether you had been to Iran after 2011. So is that
>>
>>1247081
thats because they implemented that law back then, the ban is indeed forever
>>
>>1247112
until it changes. It's always the fucking same. And please don't misguide the other users. It's a ban from the ESTA procedure, not a ban to the US
>>
>>1247571
New poster -- can you clarify? I was under the impression that ESTA was a requirement to get a visa to the USA now, but I may be in error -- would not be the first time!
>>
>>1247573
It's in effect almost like a travel ban. You need to apply for a visa like those from third world countries. That means going to an embassy and doing an interview, after which they can reject your visa for any reason they feel like and not tell you the reason. And having an Iran stamp can get them butthurt enough for you to in effect never be able to receive a visa.
>>
>>1247630
>And having an Iran stamp can get them butthurt enough for you to in effect never be able to receive a visa.
I disagree that it's an instant travel ban, but it would be interesting if someone could whisk up some data on the visa granting rates for countries. I wouldn't know where to start looking, sadly.
>>
>>1244669
>US isn't interesting
>the mountains of COlorado and the vast painted deserts of Utah aren't interesting
>the grand canyon isn't interesting
>Yellowstone isn't interesting
>Alaska isn't interesting
>The vast glacial mountain ranges of western Canada aren't interesting

You're not interesting, bitch.
>>
>>1247632
https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY16.pdf
Relatively rich countries have low refusal rates, i.e. Argentina only 2% refusal, Russia 10% refusal. Very poor countries like Bangladesh, Congo etc have 40-60% refusal rate.
Statisitcs for ESTA countries are not representative because only selected people from those countries have to apply - those who broke the rules earlier.
>>
>>1247641
>Argentina
>rich
LMAO
Also, looked your pdf more carefully, even some rich countries like Sweden and Denmark has more than 10% refusal rate, on the level of Russia
>>
>>1247640
>interesting
>only mentioning rocks
>>
>>1247641
>CANADA
>47.93%

Really makes you think.
>>
>>1247641
great doc, thanks anon
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.