[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where would you travel and for how long with £20K?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: QN3Pida.jpg (219KB, 1000x1494px) Image search: [Google]
QN3Pida.jpg
219KB, 1000x1494px
/biz/realite here.

I'm 20 years old, English and I have £20,000
Decided I want to spend my entire savings travelling whilst I'm young.
I can earn more money but I cant get my youth or my time back, so fuck it. Besides 20k isnt much, but it would probably be a nice amount for travelling

Where would you go if you if you were me and how long?
I'm going inter railing in Europe first of all, for one month. I then have 2 months before I go back to college so I'm probably going to go somewhere else like straight away, or maybe not even come home.
I'd kinda like to explore somewhere exotic and I heard there are jungle temples in Thailand or something with big golden buddhas. I don't want to research it too much because I want do discover it myself without the internet spoiling it (to a certain extent)
>>
Oh also Im not interested in luxury resorts or hotels. I just want to explore, not get pampered like some rich kid
>>
>>1242990
Go to Gibraltar & Malta for like £500 and put the rest in the bank
>>
>>1242990
>He came from /trv/ he had a thirst for big golden Buddhas...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM
>>
>>1242989
I'd keep 10k of that for a house deposit.

20k is a lot. If you're using that money to permanently emigrate or get to places where you can work and develop skills like working on farms or ships etc, learning a language which you can't learn at home then I'd humour it but blowing all your 'savings' (inheritance money or have you been working and saving every penny since you were 12?) to hostel around the Idiot Trail or hang around in foreign bars is a colossal fucking waste.

Travelling is amazing but just like everything else you have to do it responsibly and there is MASSIVE advertising/media industry brainwashing you to blow all your money at a young age. This is why so many inheritance laws of old ensure you don't get the payout until 25 after the YOLO years have passed.

If your travels cost you thousands of pounds and the vast majority isn't going on longhaul flights you're doing it seriously wrong.
>>
I wouldn't.
I'd put a deposit on a house in outer London, live there and work for 6 months to get around the buy to rent penalties, sublet it, then travel in sea until i got bored of it.
>>
>>1243031
kek

>>1243040
ive spent a long time thinking about this. i never spend money on shit, ive always been a great saver
but saving up this money and doing nothing with my life has been soul crushing, i need to relight my fire

i probably wont actually spend all of it anyway desu

>>1243050
work consume die
mortgages are a total scam, if i can avoid it i will never get one. renting is also a scam, if i can avoid it i will never rent

BOY do i hope my grand parents leave me their house instead of giving it to my parents who will blow all the money on a ferrari and leave me to work and die for a shit house in the market THEY fucked up
>>
Use some of the money to download a general travel book; "Rough guide to the first time around the world", or Lonely Planets "the world" guide book, or their "Europe on a shoestring" and do some armchair traveling for a bit; see what takes your fancy.

We get lots of threads on /trv/ of people posting plans and itineraries for travels that people comment on.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.