[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an American going to Europe (Tenerife, Dublin and Amsterdam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: drinking baby.jpg (19KB, 468x286px) Image search: [Google]
drinking baby.jpg
19KB, 468x286px
I'm an American going to Europe (Tenerife, Dublin and Amsterdam to be exact) and I have a pretty specific question, will my American drivers' license (New York specifically serve as a proper proof of age or will I have to cart my passport everywhere and worry about losing it while hammered?
>>
>>1242510
anything with a picture and date on it will do
>>
>>1242510

That will do in the netherlands. How old are you? Theyre not so strict with drinking age restrictions here unless you look like a -16 teenager.

Also, the legal drinking age here is 18. So if youre 21+ and look the part theyll probably never ask you for any ID.
>>
>>1242756

That surprises me to hear. When I visited the Netherlands three years ago, pretty much every place I went insisted on seeing my passport instead whenever I showed my I.D.
>>
>>1242761

I'd guess theyre too stupid to recognize any other form of ID than that. I'd expect this from supermarket cashiers, who are an entirely different level of intellectually inferior.

Where did you go to? Ive worked as a bartender in haarlem for years and never encountered this issue.
>>
>>1242761
that's because he never leaves his basement.
>>
>>1242510
you need a passport... as simple ID cards and foreign drivers licenses all get counterfeited across Europe.. certainly in southern Europe.
>>
>>1242510
Should do you in dublin, dyou look over 18?>>1242761
>pretty much every place I went insisted on seeing my passport instead whenever I showed my I.D.
Was it a drivers license? Or one with photo and a dat of birth?
>>
>>1242510
Why do people who manage to keep up with their wallet and cellphone always believe that they will immediately lose their passport the moment they go out with it?
>>
>>1242510
No way I'd walk around with my passport. Not worth the hassle because unless you look 12 I doubt you'll get ID'd.
>>
>>1242510
Do you look 14 or something OP?
I never got carded once except for VIP club velvet ropes, and that's just show for the police that are watching practices at clubs.
You need ID when you are out, and consider having whatever else you have to back up you don't have a single fake ID, like your college ID, voter's reg, or something else in your wallet. I don't go out with a passport on my person unless it's the hotel safe or securement of my luggage I don't trust. It wouldn't hurt to have a photocopy however.
>>
>>1242756
>>>1242510 (OP)
>That will do in the netherlands. How old are you? Theyre not so strict with drinking age restrictions here unless you look like a -16 teenager.
What Amsterdam do you live in?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.