[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling alone in HK/SK/Tokyo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: co-prosperity_sphere.png (534KB, 562x800px) Image search: [Google]
co-prosperity_sphere.png
534KB, 562x800px
Going abroad for the first time alone, will be in Hong Kong, maybe Seoul, and maybe Tokyo. Any good sights to see in Seoul? And tips for nightlife in all of the above?
I've heard that Lan Kwai Fong is pretty good, but I'm trying to go outside my comfort zone and interact with strangers.
I've been to Japan a few times before, language skills are conversational at best, but all of my extended family is there, and pretty comfortable with the culture.
btw American if that helps
>>
Looking for information too, have a bump.
>>
File: IMG_20150301_163531.jpg (508KB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150301_163531.jpg
508KB, 2048x1530px
Go hiking in Hong Kong, for example Lion's Rock (pic related).

Wander in the night markets, amongst 4 months of roadtripping Asia and a year as an exchange student in Japan I found some of the best souvenirs there (erotic Asian art card games, odd lighters, communist relics, etc).

Only spent a week there but had a massive blast. Get your tinder game on mate.

For Seoul, Gangnam is where you wanna be for partying, as obvious as it sounds. The octagon club was fantastic from what I remember. Try the squid in food market (the one that still moves when served, don't choke on it tho).
You can hike in Seoul as well.

Tokyo... There's too much to talk about.
>>
>>1242166
Skip Seoul and allocate those days to hk or Tokyo.
>>
>>1242166
Seoul was great. Itaewon has a bit more of a Western influence if you are going alone. The night life and food was great there. G Guesthouse in Itaewon. I highly recommend. Just bring flip flops for the shower and earplugs/eye mask for typical hostel reasons. Great location.
>>
>>1242853
seoul>tokyo
>>
HongKonger just to say a few things come to mind:

When travel to and fro the airport (Lantau island) definitely by bus. You don't want to fly half of the world and miss all the views from Tsing Ma Bridge if you take the MTR train.

Choose a clear sunny day to visit Victoria Peak. It's common sense that you don't want to go up there and see nothing but the clouds.

Buy an Octopus card and avoid using taxi. Taxi drivers overcharge tourists (triple or more) quite commonly. Sure you can call the police but why trouble.
>>
>>1244663
fuuuuck the bus. HK Express/MTR everytime. I caught the bus once. It was horrible.
>>
>>1244440
Regardless of your interests this isn't true for anything.

Well maybe if you want to learn Korean, clone your dog or get plastic surgery.
>>
File: IMG_20170123_142101.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170123_142101.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1242679
Damn. Where is that? I've only done dragon's back
>>
Seoul is seriously boring. Head to Busan or Daegu. Much more of a fun night out.
>>
>>1244783
Maybe it's boring because you're boring and incapable of finding fun among 10,000 restaurants, clubs, and bars and 50,000 people.
>>
OP here, forgot that I posted this. Is couchsurfing doable in Seoul? Or tours or group things (that are actually fun) in HK and Seoul? I really only have 2 or 3 days in Tokyo, since the rest of the time is visiting family
>>
>>1244762
Did you take the lower floor of E-series bus? Take the A-series ones. Those are coaches.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.