[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /trv/ never posted here before going to be visiting LA for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: al's bar.jpg (86KB, 653x478px) Image search: [Google]
al's bar.jpg
86KB, 653x478px
sup /trv/ never posted here before

going to be visiting LA for about a week this August

anyone who lives there or has experience in the area recommend any dive bars, hole in the wall type places? these are the places I am most comfortable in and would like to experience whatever small piece I can in my short stay

I never really trust blogs, newspapers lists for these types of things because they all ultimately end up seeming kinda bourgie and suburban. the city I live in has some great dives, character infested places, but they never seem to make the lists
>>
File: frol.jpg (77KB, 550x460px) Image search: [Google]
frol.jpg
77KB, 550x460px
nobodayyy? no long time los angelans here?

dive bar bump
>>
>>1242099
You're best bet in LA would not be to go to dive bars and stick to chains. Going to dive bars in LA can get you in a good about of trouble
>>
>>1241747

Philippe's Hot Dip sandwiches. 1001 Alameda St, Los Angeles, CA

Not a bar, but good, classic roast beef dips. I wish I still lived there so I could eat one whenever I wanted.
>>
I'm also interested in going to LA and want to know about the nightlife.

It seems that LA nightlife isn't very walkable?

And where are some good places I can go that have lots of Mexican chicks?
>>
The areas around Lincoln Blvd are pretty cool. Marina Del Rey, Venice Beach, Santa Monica have a lot of character
>>
>>1242183
>It seems that LA nightlife isn't very walkable?

this is what I'm primarily worried about. Am I going to have to be taking uber;s all over the place? Or will I be able to take public transit to places at 3 am which is what I would prefer
>>
LA is one of the most unwalkable cities I have ever had the displeasure of visiting; and it is a shithole to boot
>>
>>1242590
LA is not known for having good public transit in general, and I'm almost certain their public transit is not 24/7.

But I'm wonderwing if there's at least some walkable nightlife districts so I could take one uber to my room and back instead of having to take a bunch of ubers.
>>
>>1242100
You sound like a fucking loser.
>>
>>1242598
I live here and this is true. No one should come here as a tourist.
>>
>>1242744

This. I go down about 5-6 times a year and the city is horrible to walk. We take ubers, It's cheep as things are close.

We are probably looking for different things in nightlife, but 505 flower street has a good bar, weilands. Go there almost every trip.
>>
>>1242744
>>1242748
the fuck are you talking about?
it's fine to walk around unless you're limp-wristed or summin.
>>
>>1242857
the point is that its layout is suburban, which means it's less walkable of a city than SF, NYC or Philly
>>
>>1242748
I'm not too picky with nightlife, I like everything except old man bars and pretentious clubs
>>
>>1241747
Born and raised in Central LA here!

Franks and Hanks in Ktown, or Tattle Tale in Culver city, real divey.

>>1242590
Youre gonna have to uber unless you wanna stay in a place near some train lines. The trains stops a little after 2 am and most of the buses way earlier than that.

>>1242102
Stop by here, OP! Philippe's is an LA institution. My dad used to take me here every weekend after my baseball/soccer games when i was a kid and made small talk with whoever sat next to us. Meet a lot of out of natives and out of towners that way!

>>1243189
Theres a great bar scene on spring street downtown, but its probably too pretentious for your tastes. Then, of course, theres the sunset strip on fridays night if you wanna see some authentic rich LA douchebaggery.
>>1242598
You opinion is invalid!
>>
>>1244140
how pretentious are you talking? I just don't wanna go to places that have long ass lines, expensive cover charges, no single guy policies, etc.
>>
>>1244141
Exactly as you described, ha!

But if you wanna get fucked up and get laid then those are good areas to check out.
>>
>>1244146
I just want to sniff a Mexican girl's ass
>>
>>1244149
where can a decent looking white guy travel to find hot mexican ass to sniff? (non-prostitutes)
>>
>>1244169
any big city in California, the Southwest, or Texas

and Chicago and NYC too for that matter
>>
>>1244169
>>1244298
What city in the US is best for meeting Mexican/Mexican-American chicks?
>>
>>1244687
I'm curious about this too
>>
So if I were to barhop in Los Angeles, where's a good place to find a lot of Latinas that I wouldn't stand out too much in not being Latino?
>>
>>1245418
Las perlas on 6th downtown
>>
>>1245552
thanks! have you ever met cool Latinas there?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.