[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

India and Rajhastan - Weird Unusual and unique things to do and see

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Going to India for three weeks in July - August with 3 friends. We want to visit Rajhastan (and maybe other nearby places). One of my friend is 23 years old and it will be the first time he leaves our boring city.

We want to do or see really unusual, weird, less touristic stuff. I'm thinking about eating weird animals, seeing yogis and gypsys and sadhus, etc... We are really, really open minded and not faint of heart. We want to leave the country with our mind blown and great stories to tell.

Post your suggestions, tips, ideas, or experiences.

Thanks!
>>
>>1241477
camel safari? havent done it myself but it seems pretty popular
>>
File: BRING_OUT_THE_EUNUCZ.jpg (507KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
BRING_OUT_THE_EUNUCZ.jpg
507KB, 1024x681px
>>1241512
They take you to weird Kabeliya gypsy encampments way in the desert and shit the camel trek is usually pretty coo.

Some Denmark tourist chick ended up putting a bunch of the gypsy kids through school by herself because they often live in shit conditions these days http://pushkar-children-trust.org/about/

>>1241477
In Ajmer there is a lot of Sufi pilgrims and festivals complete with Hijra (trannys) dancing on hotel balconys as you walk down the main road to the shrine.

Then it's literally some guy who yells "BRING OUT THE EUNUCS" and they come down to dance in the street, right beside the performance artists who buldge out their eyes with swords and large knives. That qualifies as pretty weird an unusual
>>
>>1241518
Forgot to add, when I was there many offered home cooking classes. Basically you team up with a local Indian cook and they take you to the market, teach you what to pick out, and then you go to the family's house or restaurant and learn how to cook the local dishes. I did the "nobility" version where you went to some Thakur's palace and prepared about a dozen dishes over 5 hours but it was worth it for me since I'm a cook anyway and I now make a mean Gatta and Khadi. I also did the cooking classes in Jaipur with a local chef for about $78 for one day which were just as good but less royalty and dudes with gold swords walking around.
>>
>>1241477

>going to Rajasthan in the summer

Prepare to get wrecked, my friend.

While I've not explored the state thoroughly outside of Jaipur and Pushkar, I'd recommend going on some desert excursions and spending a while near the border in Jaisalmer. If you get the chance, hop on over to Gujarat to see the Rann of Kutch.

Frankly, you're going to see weird things in India no matter where you go. If you're up for an adventure, spend a while in the smaller towns and villages rather than big cities. You'll get a lot of attention and see the rural side of the country that's neglected by tourists and the Government of India alike.
>>
File: 20130526_125704.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20130526_125704.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1241477
>Going to India for three weeks in July - August
It's gonna be hot as shit. I was in Punjab in May~June and it was over 120 degrees, plus there is no where to cool down outside of hotels/cars. Also make sure you buy bottled water BEFORE you go out since it is very possible that you end up somewhere where you cannot buy it and literally roasting to death (like the fucking wagah border)
>>
Isnt it the Mousson season?
>>
>>1241477
Be sure to check out the designated shitting street
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.