[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to get over that depression/empty feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 0

What's the best way to get over that depression/empty feeling you get when you come home from a trip?
>>
>>1241157
plan the next one
>>
>>1241159
What if you're a doctor and the next longest real vacation you get will be months away and can only be 7 days in length? I feel like I'm getting too old now and the real world finally caught up as I discovered something I truly enjoy.
>>
See friends and cry. There isn't much you can do besides let yourself adjust with time. Hope you feel better anon :(.
>>
>>1241157
Have sex with your girlfriend.
>>
>>1241166
sigh tfw no gf

>>1241165
thanks, i think it will be a time thing. It's bizarre sorting through all the pictures that I have and realizing I was at incredible places not even a week ago, and I can remember it so well yet it feels so far away.
>>
>>1241163
Plan The Next One
Seriously. Waiting a couple of months for a real trip is nothing compared to people who has to wait for 2 years (like me) before I can go anywhere.

You'll find more pleasure in planning your next trip than sulking over the past one.
>>
>>1241159
This pretty much, the only thing keeping me alive is that at any given moment I have at least 2 overseas trips planned.
>>
>>1241157
Plan your next trip. Also, as doctor, don't be afraid to take many shorter trips. Fly to Europe or Central America for the upcoming Memorial Day holiday. A 5 hour flight is the equivalent of a weekend drive. Only Asia and the Pacific is prohibitively long for a weekend
>>
>>1241163
Are you really a doctor OP? All my doctor friends are always on holiday to the point that their patients probably suffer.
>>
>>1241209
where can you get to Europe from the US within 5 hours? NYC-London is already around 8 hours
>>
>>1241224
I'm still in residency, so I have to do the 24 hour shifts and 80 hour weeks. When I graduate, things will be a bit more flexible, but for the forseable future (like the next 5ish years), I'm pretty fucked when it comes to free time.
>>
>>1241245
M8, go join Medecins Sans Frontieres or something when you can - you'll certainly see the world
>>
>>1241232
If a 8h flight bothers you the /trv/ bug didn't actually hit you.

You're still a normie if you don't consider
>flying over to Hongkong for the weekend just because you always enjoy that hotel and deserve a pampering
>fly to a other continent just to watch a sport event
>long weekend? Weather sucks? Pack it up and let's hit cuba for 3 nights
>colleague at work talked about a awesome restaurant in Beirut Lebanon, guess that's where I go next weekend
>drunk booking weekend trips happen regularly, just let me look at skyscanner really quick, aaaaaaand I booked a flight...
to be completely normal.

So until you hit that final stage planing your next trip should keep you happy buddy.
>>
>>1241157

Plan another trip and try to find a way to keep happy at home.

Buying a motorcycle helped me keep my head up between an unexpected breakup and a spontaneous trip I'd booked for two months afterward. I'd learned to ride the year before, so getting my first bike was a blast.
>>
>>1241163
Look for international medical volunteer/employment opportunities? MSF does God's work, and the benefits (home leave, danger pay, etc) are solid even if the pay is probably less than you're used to.
>>
>>1241157
Just face reality. I know that same feeling. You say more goodbyes than you do hello when you meet people while traveling and it's hard for you and other travelers to become good friends if you live thousands of miles apart. I find at least 5 people I met while traveling to be better than most people I met in my city, but I can't have a good relationship with them if they live far from me and I often get sad that I can't see them often and can only talk to them through social media
>>
>>1241695
(cont)

If you want a better response, one would obviously plan for your next trip, but also find something to do at home that will keep you mind focus. I am going to the gym and exercising to lose weight, so it keeps me busy and not think of my travel experience that will make me depressed
>>
really want to go travel to W. Europe, but saving up for a car first since I don't have one
>>
>>1241232
>>1241209
I meant to say 8. 5 and 8 are by each other on the number pad. Still 8 hours i sstill within the range of a weekend getaway. And there are destinations around North America (Caribbean, Central America, Canada) that are within 5 hour flights/
>>
I just got back from 10 days visiting my family in Macau, and now I realize how miserable I am here. No wonder I drink like a fish, jack it like a shameless chimp, and nibble any substance that goes my way around here. I thought maybe I was a hopeless fuckup, but am now seeing that it's my terrible coping mechanisms with stress and this depressing existence. I got one hour into my first day back at work before I needed to excuse myself and have a beer.

Fuck, I don't know what the hell I should do anymore...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.