[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm gonna fly into Vegas next month and rent a car. I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: desert.jpg (110KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
desert.jpg
110KB, 1024x768px
So I'm gonna fly into Vegas next month and rent a car. I'll be in the area for 8 full days.

I'm planning to stay in the city for only the first day (just to see the sights, the strip), but then I want to venture out and see what the west has to offer. I'm from NYC and have never been in that type of environment, so I'm looking forward to exploring.

What I want to do is to make a loop an visit the Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Zion Nat'l Park, Arches Nat'l Park+Monument Valley area (if too much of a detour or generally not worth it, I'll skip it), Death Valley, and possibly head west to LA.

What is the fastest route getting from one of those locations to the next via a loop (starting in Vegas, ending in Vegas)? How realistic will it be to accomplish seeing all of it in 8 full days?

Also, will finding gas be a problem? I'm going to rent a 2017 Mustang Ecoboost convertible (gets about 30mpg highway). I'm afraid of running out of gas in the middle of nowhere on those poorly-traveled interstates. Should I switch and get something with better gas mileage?

Any and all other input regarding this trip is greatly appreciated.
>>
Its possible to "do" most of those things, but what it should come down to, is how much time you want to spend at each location.

How long are yu going to spend in vegas? Do you plan to drive in, do a quick site see of each park, then drive out? Do you want to do any day/half day hikes through any of the parks?

The roads are generally slow, with limited overtaking options, so don't expect too much differences between what google tells you
>>
>>1240423
I will probably spend only the first day in Vegas, then drive out on the morning of the second day

As far as hikes, I will definitely NOT be doing any day hikes. The plan is to drop in to each park, do a 2-3 hour hike with a nice view, take pictures, then continue.

What do you mean by "slow"?
>>
>>1240417

I literally just did this, weekend in Vegas then Zion --> Bryce --> Arches --> Canyonlands --> Flagstaff (via Monument Valley) --> Vegas. Rented a Dodge Challenger, just stop for gas whenever, no worries. I've been to Grand Canyon, I think its overrated and find Zion much much better.Angel's Landing hike in Zion definitely a bucket list to-do.
>>
carry lots of water in the car and drink it all the time.
>>
>>1240417
>I'm afraid of running out of gas in the middle of nowhere on those poorly-traveled interstates.

lmao homie the only roads that are poorly traveled are the old US RTE roads that were replaced by the interstate. The 15 is gonna be backed with road trippers.
>>
>>1240455
Thanks for the input. I know the Grand Canyon will probably be somewhat overrated, but I'll never forgive myself for being in the area and skipping it
>>
>>1240718
Hm really? That's encouraging. My girlfriend is terrified of the thought of getting stranded in the desert so other cars will help ease her mind
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.