[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3765.jpg (119KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3765.jpg
119KB, 640x350px
Hey /trv/!

This is not my home board, but I have a question for you guys.

Is Israel a good place to take a vacation? I've heard that the beaches are fun and the night life is great. I've been trying to convince my friends to go there on a party filled vacation with me. Is it a good choice?
>>
File: jerusalem-banner.jpg (490KB, 1500x529px) Image search: [Google]
jerusalem-banner.jpg
490KB, 1500x529px
>>1240376
Yes! The beaches and the night life are superb! I do have to say though that this is the strangest spelling of the word "Thailand" that I have ever seen. Is it the British spelling or something?
>>
>>1240398

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, I don't know where you see Thailand
>>
go away JIDF

>isreal
>posts Jerusalem
>>
>>1240376
Ignore these niggers, I was in Israel 2 times

Yes, beaches are great, night life as well. It's safe, keep your wits about you if your are going to muslim/jew mixed areas (Jerusalem and Hebron). Muslim-only and Jew-only are safe.

Its a 1st world country in most areas. Keep in mind that it is expensive af.

Ask questions if you have them.

(disclaimer: Not JIDF, not Hizbullah and fuck everybody not capable of having an educated and nuanced opinion, let's not ruin this thread)
>>
>>1240663

Thanks for the feedback!

Is it fairly easy to get around being a foreigner? I speak english and spanish (doubt I'll use spanish :-P)

Any other little tips you have would be great!
>>
>>1240734
Brit here who got back from Israel this week - the vast majority of people speak English, ranging from basic communication to absolute fluency. English is also fairly well spoken in the West Bank, though with less proficiency than Israel.
>>
>>1240735

Great! Sounds like the language won't be a barrier then
>>
>>1240734
People speak enough English, but it can be rather foreigner-unfriendly especially when it comes to finding your way. Especially in Jerusalem it really is about "muh judaism", manifesting itself as everything only written with those chickenscratch letters. It's like they on purpose avoid displaying latin letters anywhere. So you will need to ask the locals for help on that, even at the bus station nothing was written in latin letters.
>>
>>1240376
It's expensive as fuck, so bring a lot of money.
If you speak Spanish go to one of the Spanish Islands for a cheaper beach party, or Margarita Island in Venezuela.
>>
>>1240376
There's about one million better places for a party filled vacation but Israel is alright. The place is a lot more expensive than you might think, the food especially.
>>
>>1240823
>>1240820

Okay guys, thanks for the tips!

What would be your list of places that are good for party vacations where the girls are DTF Americans?
>>
>>1240827
South America, specifically Argentina, Chile, or Colombia. SEA is also a good place whether you are interested in the locals or western woman traveling around. Israel is about the absolute worst place if you want to hook up with chicks since the woman have princess complexes and the market is highly skewed in their favor. They also aren't keen to putting out easily. Myself and several of my friends had a much easier time with European girls while in Tel Aviv than Israeli woman and the European girls were on average much more attractive.
>>
>>1240845

Nice pointers, what would you say is the perfect destination when considering the price, safety, and parties/sex?
>>
File: IMG_3727.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3727.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
bump
>>
>>1240900
Colombia.
>>
>>1240475
hehe reverse trolling
>>
>>1240376
yes, it's great. I really enjoyed
Jerusalem - got drunk and found a random afternoon mini-festival,
Tel Aviv - beach, bars, indie shit, synthetic weed, nice peeps
Galilee - nice and chill, hotel with a pool in the summer. The lifeguard took us to his house in a kibbutz and then to the local bar
>>
How easy is it to travel to the West Bank as a tourist?
>>
>>1241311
Very. Just stay out of the areas with settlers. Start by taking a bus from Jerusalem to Ramallah. Then get around with minibuses to other places. The locals are very hospitable and helpful when they see a foreigners so don't be afraid to ask them for help. Going back to Israel is a breeze, they probably won't even glance at your passport. Just try to avoid trying to cross a border during rush hour when all the Palestinians are crossing.
>>
>>1241322
I kinda want to go to the more dangerous areas haha
>>
>>1241323
They will still probably be okay as long as you look obviously a foreigner. I don't think anyone will attack you, but you might run into some inconveniences, such as Israeli soldiers being assholes if they think you're one of those pro-Palestinian activists.
>>
>>1241325
I see, would taking photos be a problem?
>>
>>1241328
Normally no. But if you happen to catch a photo of something sensitive, such Israeli soldiers beating a Palestinian, they will probably smash your camera.
>>
>>1241330
Really? I would have thought they were smarter than that.
Surely they would be aware of journalistic rights a realize that breaking camera would a) not delete the photos alone and 2) create a drama larger than it has to be
>>
>>1241331
Well, I'm no expert on this subject and I have no firsthand experience. But things like this have definitely happened. Even journalists from actual news organizations have had it happen to them, not just meme weed tourist bloggers.

But anyway, as long as you stay away from a scene where there are Israeli soldiers interacting with locals, you'll be fine. If you see a scene, watch yourself.
>>
>>1241334
Thanks for your help. The only reason I'm asking is because I'm a photography hobbyist and I know a couple of people who instead of going on a traditional holiday, went to areas of conflict such as the West Bank and just spent a couple of days photographing. They didn't get in trouble from authorities but one in particular was in riot conditions, but it was fun.
>>
>>1241337
There's just no way to tell. It could very well happen that you get some little conflict on camera and no one will care. But all it takes is one asshole who is having a bad day to confiscate your camera. You can't do shit if that happens, and they know it.
>>
>>1241337
>>1241340

Nice to see that more than just me benefited from this thread : - )
>>
>>1241337
Go witha Breaking the Silence tour and you will see the worst of what Israel is doing in Hebron and be able to take photos. If you go by yourself you could easily be messed with by soldiers or settlers and soldiers would let settlers kill you in front of their eyes and not do anything.
>>
>>1241388

So the SJWs were right all along? . . .
>>
>>1240734
Plenty of Jews from South America there so Spanish could be useful, Russians and French people tend to be in Netanya so bare that in mind if you know either of those. Eilat is probably be the best place for you to go for nightlife and beaches.
>>
Right now is perfect time for Israel beaches. Zikim in Ashkelon, Gordon in Tel Aviv and North Beach in Hertzeliya are fantastic places off the top of my head. Lots of Americans in TA and hertz especially, because of the universities. IDC is basically an American uni in Israel. They throw great parties too if you know the right people.

Hiking: Around Jerusalem and throughout the North there's tons of great trails with hilly scenery, natural springs and a few good climbing spots as well.

DON'T go to the biggest clubs (like Forum, Valium, etc) because they're filled with arsim who are the scum of the earth. Look for pubs and smaller places or ask people around. An exception I suppose is the Block in the TA central station. Getting there is super sketchy but it's regarded as a top club in the world. Haven't personally been but would love to one day. Jerusalem also has a pretty good nightlife but I haven't gotten around there too much.

Meet people in hostels (Abraham's and Backpackers hostel are great for meeting people and well maintained). Abraham's is a little expensive but they have really nice accommodations and is pretty popular among tourists and Israelis alike.

The only reasons you should go south of tel Aviv is for Eilat, mitzpe Ramon and Beer Sheva. The areas around the university in beer sheva have some great restaurants, pubs, and events. Plus the beer scene there is pretty great. Israelis take they're beer fairly seriously.

Arak is very hit or miss. Tubi is a little harder to get but tastes better. Careful because when it hits it hits HARD. You won't find it sold in cups, you'll need to find a bottle for yourself and your friends.

Download Gett, it's like Uber but with taxis. Service Taxis (shirut) are lifesavers on weekends when public transportation isn't working. Buses and trains are fairly cheap but you're better off buying a universal card if you're planning in being for a month or more.
Ethiopians are great. Stay away from Sudanis
>>
There is a shawarma place in Tel Aviv on Dizengof st / Frishman st that is the most low grade shawarma in the city. The place is complete tourist bait, and is very popular among tourists. Avoid at any cost.
>>
How easy is to cross the border to Jordan?
>>
>>1240376
Two answers for you OP. Vacations being fun are like whether you consider a cruise boring or fun...it depends on who you travel with. Do you travel with people who ensure a good time? Then you will have a roaring good time almost anywhere you move around together, sightsee together, dine together, etc.

Israel is historical stuff on top of historical stuff, and a pretty intense cultural immersion too. If you want to tromp all over sights and go to museums, you'll likely have a good time. It can be considered a little bit expensive, and extremely safe. Considering everyone has had military training, is armed, you're not going to see as much petty annoying crime you get elsewhere because the level of awareness is so great and pretty much 100% can take down anyone who tries to mess with them. Krav maga! Whheee

To be serious, Ben Yehuda street after the Sabbath is pretty much a party worth seeing. The beaches are lovely. I don't know where you may or may not wish to rent a car or do any actual real touring. It can be a little expensive at times.

You won't really find anywhere in the educated world who don't speak English as well as you do, but there is a good reason to install some apps and some translation programs because Israel is pretty techy and good finds for social and foodie things are online in a major way. Watching the news closely isn't a bad idea either.
>>
>>1241331
>Surely they would be aware of journalistic rights
There's a type of disrespect that puts you immediately at odds with someone's well being and future when you pull out your camera of evidence-recording hatred. You immediately pick a side at the point you decide to even look like you are recording.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.