[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unplanned Yellowstone etc trip

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: yellowstone-main-getty-2016.jpg (257KB, 585x376px) Image search: [Google]
yellowstone-main-getty-2016.jpg
257KB, 585x376px
i need help /trv/ i am fucked

>from europ
>want to go see yellowstone, south dakota and stuff in between.
>book flight together with friend to SLC
well thats about it. we are going from end may, 2 weeks till early june.

I don't have experience with planning trips.
Where should we stay? We looked up renting an RV, but that shit's like $4000 !!!

Is it possible to just walk in a random motel and ask for a room? Or will they all be full? What are some good websites/apps to do lastminutes?

any help is welcome, i am in deep misery
>>
>>1240152
You should try to book a hotel now because it's generally cheaper to do so online than at the desk. And why did you not do any planning?
>>
>>1240156
But I don't know yet how long we will stay in Yellowstone and other places.
Nothing planned yet because I find it difficult to do.
>>
Well, your still going to need a car to get around, so I'd look into that right away. I drove through that area 2 years ago, so I can share my experiences with you

I started in Rapid city SD, and visited a few of the attractions there. I went to both Jewell cave and wind cave, but wind cave was a bit shit so i'd skip it. Visit mt Rushmore if your interested. I quite liked it because of how impressive the engineering feat was, but you don't need to spend much time there. Theres a giant horse carving as well, but I didn't see it because of how bad the fog was that day. I'd also definitely visit Badlands national park. Its in my top 3 US national parks that i've visited.

From rapid city, its about 8-9 hr drive to yellowstone. Devils tower is an interesting detour. I went through Sheridan and the bighorn national forest which was quite nice.

Yellowstone has limited accomodation on site, which appears to mostly be booked out for your dates, so your either going to have to camp or stay outside the park and drive in. I was there in the early october, and it still was incredibly busy with thousands of asian tourists flocking there on buses. I fucking hated the amount of people there, but luckliy they don't go too far away from their bus. The Tetons are also nice, and you can catch a lift to the top of them
>>
>>1240152

You're going to be ok if you start planning now.

Start in SLC, then drive up to Idaho Falls or somewhere there. There, drive to Yolostone NP and enter from the west entrance. As hotels in the park are very expensive and booked out, you need to go to places around the Park or camping. My friend and I went to Red Lodge, MT, Cody WY and Dubois, WY.
That way you can visit part of the park on the different days you're there (go on their website and check the map and you can easily figure out a way to do it). It would not recommend doing all of Yolostone in one day.
The cities I have mentioned are qui far away but you're going to drive anyway so take that into account if you do not want to spend too much.
Then, when you've figured out how many days you want to spend in Yolostone, open google maps and plan your way back to SLC with different stops (maybe Teton, Dinosaur NM etc).
>>
>>1240187
>>1240196
Thank you both so much!!!
Really you don't know how much of a favor you're doing me, this helps me alot with my planning
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.