[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am thinking of studying tourism (Here in the Netherlands it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: santorini-bg1.jpg (149KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
santorini-bg1.jpg
149KB, 1920x1280px
I am thinking of studying tourism (Here in the Netherlands it is called HTRO and at the university I plan to do it the entire study is in english and is called "International Tourism Management")
Does anyone here have experience in studying tourism? What kind of jobs can I expect? General tips?

Thanks in advance!
>>
literally no jobs

what a shit tier degree it's almost up there with womens studies

who is going to go "wow this guy studied international tourism I best give him a job"

study something relevant or go straight into the work force and self educate. You'll move up 5xfaster than wasting 3 years studying a useless degree you could have self studied in 6months
>>
>>1240133
Can you recommend me any good study then? Perhaps one where similar skills are needed
>>
>>1240133
Sometime the ignorant and directionless adolescent rage of 4chan users is just too much.

We seriously need better moderation of this board or else we're going to end up like /int/.
>>
>>1240159
Don't take career advice from an anonymous person raging against women's studies on a cartoon image board.

Research the industry yourself or talk to the career advisor at your school. Download some of the publications from the UNWTO website and see what's happening in the industry. Tourism is not only one of the largest industries in the world, but it's one of the fastest growinggrowing.

Someone on a travel discussion board who thinks there are "literally no jobs" in tourism is someone who never leaves his mom's basement.
>>
>>1240162
Do you work in the tourism industry?
>>
Ok, first, I'd advise you to not go on 4chan for advice about your life choices. Not to say that there's never any good advice on 4chan but you'll most likely have to sort through an unnecessary pile of shit first. Go to reddit or something.

As for actual advice, dude, don't commit to something without an end goal in mind. You've got it backwards, if you do this degree and you don't know what you want to do, you're gonna be lost. You might even find out you hate it. So, think about what you want to do first, then figure out how to get there.
If you really don't know what to do, make your degree as general as possible so you always have options later on. Maybe something in STEM.
>>
>>1240176
>Ok, first, I'd advise you to not go on 4chan for advice about your life choices.
Im not letting any anon decide my life choices I was just wondering if there was anyone on this board who has studied or is studying tourism management or similar things and could maybe reply to questions or talk about his or her experience

Anyways thank you for your advice, I appreciate it!
>>
>>1240176
>Ok, first, I'd advise you to not go on 4chan for advice about your life choices.
>As for actual advice
kek

and even better
>Go to reddit or something.
you really have to go back

>>1240177
If that guy is right about one thing is that you have to do your own research. Otherwise imo it's not really worth it to study management, although I'm not competent in the field. For tourism is really more important to know a couple of languages in order to communicate. Then read a couple of books on management and visit some seminars or courses if you have to, but 3 years on that is too much for me.

>inb4 do you work in tourism
no I study STEM
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.