[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone travel with an unwheeled suitcase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: archetypal suitcase.jpg (1MB, 3222x2673px) Image search: [Google]
archetypal suitcase.jpg
1MB, 3222x2673px
Does anyone travel with an unwheeled suitcase?
>>
>>1239782
Depends on my length of stay honestly. If I am staying a week or a less I usually just put things in a backpack. Those vaccum backs you can use with your hands are amazing.

If doing connecting flights and staying somewhere over a week without access to a washing machine then usually I'll get a wheeled backpack
>>
don't do it lad
>>
I have before and don't really like it. I prefer a backpack or duffle bag.
>>
File: 16:20 from Lima.jpg (849KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
16:20 from Lima.jpg
849KB, 1200x800px
>>1239782
Add a duffel coat, felt hat and a few marmalade sandwiches and you're good to go.
>>
Are you trying to be a special hipster kid? Don't do it.

If you're gonna be hipster, at least do it right.

I used to use an old Rimowa Silver Intregral that my dad got in the 90s. It's already got two wheels and it's really stable, but still looks nice and vintage. I used it because it was free though, not because I wanted to be a hipster.
>>
>>1239962
Rimowa suitcases don't make you look like a hipster, they make you look like a courier.
>>
Is there literally any reason other than being different and feeling like you look "cool" to use a regular suitcase without wheels?
>>
>>1239782
I do, usually, sort of. Most of my travel is related more-or-less to showing up at festivals with a bunch of gear in a compression bag or two, or a couple of large duffles. Not really a suitcase, but definitely without wheels.

Usually top out at 45-50 pounds each -- if they made these with wheels I'd be a happy man, if the wheels and frame for them didn't kill my weight allowance. (Back when I had status and was allowed heavier bags, I would not have minded the wheel-weight)

>>1239974
Going to be moving your stuff across gravel, sand, etc. a lot is a reason to avoid wheels, at any rate.
>>
>>1239974
To piss off people working at airports.
Wheels without wheels should be banned.
>>
>>1239994

i think they are banned, becuase i havent seen one in years
>>
>>1239994
Why would it piss off airport employees? Baggage handlers never roll suitcases on their wheels.
>>
>>1239994
>Why would it piss off airport employees? Baggage handlers never roll suitcases on their wheels.
We do though. Easier to roll a 30kg+ bag in the cramped hold instead of fucking your back throwing it because some retard thought that a bag without 4 wheels was a good idea.
>>
>>1240008
I've never seen handlers here do anything but throw bags.
>>
Guess it works if you can affort to have others carry your shit for you all the time.
>>
>>1239983
>Going to be moving your stuff across gravel, sand, etc. a lot is a reason to avoid wheels, at any rate.

you know you can also carry a suitcase with wheels ? dumbass hipster
>>
>>1239782
I tried it once when I ran away from home
terrible decision

you will be re-considering your need to travel after walking 30m

if you can afford to have your luggage portered and care more about appearances than being considerate to your help, then fine

but if you don't hire help it's a huge faux pas,
like having a cigar clipper without smoking or vice versa

anyone spending money to show off is a fool, rich and poor alike
>>
>>1239782
I have traveled with unwheeled suitcases, but if for nothing else than airports I prefer wheels. I've got a small duffel (no wheels, obvs) that I still use somewhat regularly, that can be pretty easily perched atop a rollaboard for schlepping purposes.
>>
File: natat.jpg (105KB, 568x767px) Image search: [Google]
natat.jpg
105KB, 568x767px
My suitcase has no wheels because I am very tall and it is awkward to slightly lean over to my right to reach the handle on one and walk.
>>
How much is enough to spend on a rucksack for travelling, it'll either be a £20 90L Amazon one or osprey farpoint 40. I'm traveling for 2 weeks in Japan
>>
File: 1481420905836.jpg (21KB, 352x352px) Image search: [Google]
1481420905836.jpg
21KB, 352x352px
>have this huge bright blue adidas storting bag my grandpa bought in japan in the 1980's
>spot it instantly when waiting for luggage
>after 30 years it ripped
>>
File: prodzoomimg28862.jpg (85KB, 598x900px) Image search: [Google]
prodzoomimg28862.jpg
85KB, 598x900px
What do you guys think of soft suitcases and shoulder bags?

>>1241176
Take it to a cobbler and get it sewn up, or patched. Adds character.
>>
>>1241254
Stuff like this.
>>
>>1240038
then you have never seen behind the curtain
>>
Large duffel bag. Small rectangular duffel bag. Backpack.

One gets filled with necessities and checked, one has my computer, blankets and other business/entertainment things, and backpack has things you would need on the plane like magazines, headphones, small electronics, and a travel blanket.

Scratch the small duffel and shove a chromebook in the backpack for shorter trips.

Bam, no wheels.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.