[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paris Catacombs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: paris-wall.jpg (72KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
paris-wall.jpg
72KB, 750x500px
Do you have any cool pictures or know anything interesting about the Paris Catacombs?
>>
File: IMG_20160701_131717.jpg (997KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160701_131717.jpg
997KB, 2448x3264px
>>1239432
you have to wait in line for two hours no matter what time you arrive there
>>
>>1239444
No, if you come one hour before opening you will get in.
>>
>>1239448
either way, you have to wait longer than than the time you'll spend inside the catacombs

not really worth it desu
>>
>>1239432
Interesting hearing about all of these lines.

There was a line around the corner when we went about a month and a half ago. We were inside within 20 minutes.
>>
>>1239444
When I went about 2ish in the afternoon there was maybe 5-10 people waiting? This was a rainy march day through so who knows
>>
>>1239444
I was there in august
line round the block
>>
>>1239432
Don't forget to get a pic with your dick in a skull.
>>
http://i.imgur.com/tXhqkhS.jpg
>>
>>1239538
>>1239550
Delivered.
>>
>>1239538
>>1239550
Nevar forget
>>
How easy would it be to get a skull out as a souvenir?

What if you went in one of the unofficial entrances?
>>
>>1239599
They search the bags at the exit at the official section.
>>
>>1239602
Didn't happen when I went last summer.
>>
>>1239620

I went there about a month ago and there were two guys at the exit searching the bags.
>>
Also there in August

Line all the way around

We queued for 4 hours. Me and my 2 buddies got through 4 bottles of wine while waiting.

The lesson is get there as early as possible otherwise drinking in the line is your whole day.

And this: >>1239538

>>1239550
wew
>>
How securely do the authorities have the unofficial sections locked down now?

I really want to get into the legit tunnels, the stuff that's not safe, but that the underground (literally) artists use
>>
>>1239620
>>1239625
Up to luck. I went about 2 months ago and they did not search bags.
>>
>>1239602
If I give them a really good cartoon of Muhammad I drew will they let me pass without checking my bag?
>>
I love to travel solo and always make friends while doing so.

Except for in Paris. I joke that these folks where the friendliest I met there.
>>
>>1239432
I remember probably about 8 years ago some Anon on /b/ stole a skull from there and eventually posted a picture with his penis in the eye socket
>>
>>1239432
I went in December. We had to wait 3 hours in the queue to get in and it was freezing, but there are overpriced cafes around and a mcdonalds down the street.

It was worth the wait though, at least for me, it is very interesting and spectacular, my girlfriend was less impressed. Also they try to shoehorn you into some geography bit first but its half asses and shit.
>>
>>1239432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmJuwqvV6M
>>
File: IMG_0849.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0849.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
>>1239444
February; there were 2 people in line before me
>>
>>1239956
French people are very rude and obnoxious, the stereotype is so true
>>
>>1239444
I bought an online ticket 3 days before and went straight in

the queue is for buying tickets, not for entry

meanwhile my friend listened to an american "no even if you have an online ticket you still need to queue" and waited in line like the other dozens of other americans for 2 hours lol

same thing with the eiffel tower, anne frank house in amsterdam, and the jewish cemetery in prague
>>
File: IMGP9388.jpg (2MB, 2592x3872px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP9388.jpg
2MB, 2592x3872px
early April 2010. no ques, only about a dozen people inside. very cool. complete spin around when you come back to the surface.
>>
>>1239432
When i was there I did my best to let people pass so i could be alone; it's really eerie when it's silent.

That was all changed when this american guy stormed in yelling "OH IS THIS WHERE THE BONES ARE?!"
>>
Ever time i see these skulls i think of my ex. Year ago she had a pic of her in front of them. How do I fix this?
>>
>not sneaking in for free
>>
>>1242418
I sort of did this.
>>
>>1239444
Been there three times, seen the huge queue backing around the corner. Ended up a) in the bar/restaurant across the road b) the australian bar nearby and c) walking off

Go to the Sedlec Ossuary near Prague if you want to see some bones instead
>>
yeah, they just stuffed the bones from the real catacombs into one place after they dug up some graveyards to build buildings.

the real underground tunnels are the best, but they are probably guarded given the times that are in it, thanks to Abdul and co. But you might be able to find info and maps on unofficial entry points if you are feeling adventurous...
>>
>>1239432
https://youtu.be/O3ufzGxfW6Y

Check those videos man, their going in the forbidden places, where there is no tourists, only underground people.
Sometimes the goths were doing party in it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.