[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I just got to SANTIAGO DE CHILE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: chile_flag[1].jpg (12KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
chile_flag[1].jpg
12KB, 600x400px
I'm staying here like a week. What's the best stuff to do around here? Restaurants, bars, etc.
>>
>>1239333
I just leave a quick reply.
>stay west of Terminal de buses Santiago
>bars, restaurants and stuff are around the universidad de chile and universidad catolica subway station
>same area is Castillo Hidalgo, worth the little hike for some nice pics
>best view, shopping and lot of nice restaurants are located at the Sky Costanera (tallest building in SA) it's a short walk from the Tobalaba subway station
>consider a day trip to Valparaiso/Vina del Mar. it's a 2h bus ride from the Universidad de Santiago metro station (Terminal de buses Santiago) and the price per ride is about $3. Just book a return trip from turbus or Pullman at their counter a day in advance so you won't get stuck there.
>>
>>1239353
>>stay west of Terminal de buses Santiago
that should be a east... Too much cuban rum but hey I still can type.
>>
>>1239354
>>1239353
thxs bruh. I'm staying in Las Condes, if that helps you give me more tips and pointers
>>
>>1239357
I actually don't know Santiago that much, I just regularly pass by on my way down to Vina/Valpo and back home.
I can tell you that you stay in one of the nicest areas of STGO so it should be easy to find some comfy places using tripadvisor.
>>
>>1239333
Go to Barrio Lastarria. It's a pretty place near to Centro Cultural GAM where you can see plays and art. Also it's full of cafés, restaurants and bars you could check out.
Have an ice cream at Emporio La Rosa and go to Bellas Artes Museum. It's next to Forestal Park.
If you wanna party or something go to Barrio Bellavista or Patio Bellavista if you have lots of money. In the last one you can also shop shit.

Also there's Cerro San Cristobal where you can take a cable car and have a nice view of the city.
At Las Condes you can go to Parque natural Aguas de Ramón and Parque Bicentenario. And don't miss Costanera Center, obviously.

Have a nice time here!
>>
yo im in santiago too - doing the workaway thing. we should meet up
>>
>>1239393
tell me more
>>1239366
thxs bruh
>>
>>1239542
its a website that connects hosts with volunteers. im in this grand old house in providencia helping out with reconstruction. leaving for the south soon. havent been out yet here in santiago so im looking to check out the scene this weekend if ur interested
>>
Providencia has some cool pubs, it's kind of your typical hipster stuff, but they're mostly safe
>>
>>1239333

Reviving this thread.

I'm going to Easter Island in November, obviously I'm going to spend a day or two in Santiago before heading out. Is Santiago like a food town? Sightseeing? What do you do there?
>>
yo where are the hipster thrift stores at? i wanna buy some nice clothes (looking for a camo jacket)
>>
>>1240981
Sightseeing, basically.
>>
>>1240981
Chile has the shitties food of all latin america. If you want reasonable food there, go to a Peruvian restaurant.

Virtually no worth-while sightseeing in Santiago.

t. Someone who lived a year in Santiago and enjoyed it a lot. (Not a Peruvian btw)
>>
>>1241968

What did you enjoy? Was there a good bar scene or something?
>>
Sup. Santiaguino here. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1239333
I heard the helicopter rides are great.
>>
File: Foster_3.1.jpg (862KB, 1800x2361px) Image search: [Google]
Foster_3.1.jpg
862KB, 1800x2361px
The Santa Lucia hill and the San Cristobal hill are very good places to wander around and see the full city, also very tourist friendly, the San Cristobal hill has an old Observatory that's the first in south america called the Foster observatory.

I don't know if that's your thing but I like it.
>>
You get the best view from the big skyscraper

it's the tallest one in south america and i think also has the biggest shopping center. bought some new nikes there, fucking expensive
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.