[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nebrodi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: nebrodi.png (407KB, 920x784px) Image search: [Google]
nebrodi.png
407KB, 920x784px
Hello /trv/ I'm going to Sicily this summer, with some friends. We want to hike in the Nebrodi national park, then travel to Etna and walk around the Volcano, but we can't seem to find much information on Nebrodi.

Have anyone of you been there, or know anything about it?
>>
I'm not from Sicily but i'm italian so I have a couple friends from Palermo (which is not very close to the park) but if you tell me what info you need I'll try getting something for you
>>
>>1239201
I'll make a shortlist:
1. Accomodation - Can we set up a tent where we want?
2. Water - Are there plenty of natural springs around in the park, or do we have to stock up at certain locations, if so, where are those locations(cities, wells, lodges)
3. Animals, are there anything to worry about? bears, wolves, bugs etc.

We plan on staying on Sicily for 2 weeks. We want to do the hike in Nebrodi and around Etna, while also visiting Catania and seeing the city. After that we'll return to Palermo for a few days to relax at the beach, see the city and maybe sail to Ustica for one day.

What can you and your friends recommend to see in Catania and Palermo? Nightlife in Palermo aswell.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>1239198

Italian here, but I'm a northerner. FYI inland Sicily in the summer is brutally fucking hot. I'm talking 100+ degrees for weeks with no wind whatsoever. Water will also be hard to come by, and you're probably going to have to bribe a park ranger or two.

Now for the good news: inland Sicily is obnoxiously gorgeous, and dotted with beautiful little towns. I have a friend from CesarĂ², and he swears it's paradise on earth - but bear in mind it's terronia, so they may not be super friendly to foreigners, particularly if you don't look southern italian. Higher elevations, such as Etna, also bring cooler temps.

As for the questions here>>1239204

1) If you're not loud and leave no trace I don't see an issue. Their website, however, says you have to fill out a permit request form and mail or fax it to these guys in the middle of nowhere. http://www.parcodeinebrodi.it/?idp=938 Good luck with that.

2) There seem to be some rivers and lakes, so it's not bone dry year-round, but in the summer months I'd edge on the side of caution. Once again, Sicily is HOT in the summer.

3) No big predators, but some poisonous snakes (rare) and plenty of biting bugs near water would be my guess. Not to worry about, but there's a number of cool raptors living in Nebrodi, apparently - Griffon Vultures, golden eagles, peregrines, etc.

Source: http://www.parcodeinebrodi.it/
>>
Sorry I won't be able to answer everything but here it goes:
1- There should be particular areas where camping is allowed, you can't just set up wherever you wish. Can't tell you if you'll have to pay for said areas but even if that happens to be the case, it shouldn't be too expensive.
2- no clue whatsoever, I'd try asking the locals once you're there or just decide to stock up into villages
3- Only thing that "can" be dangerous are boars, there's not many of them and they're shy animals, just don't provoke them and if you see small ones try to get away cause they're really aggressive when it comes to protect their offspring.
About the cities, as far as sightseeing goes I can't tell anything that a short google search won't tell you, about the nightlife my friend says that there's actually a lot of stuff to do and it's hard to send someone to a specific place, it depends a lot on what you're looking for, just know that whatever you might want to dance or do, it's probably there somewhere, you shouldn't get bored :)
sorry for the super long answer that is actually not that rich in content, have a good one!
>>
>>1239220
Thank you very much. We are three guys from Denmark, so we'll probably stick out as foreigners, as we are white as fuck(pale, not racial meant), although all three of us have dark hair.

I guess we'll just try and camp and see how it goes, we'll leave no litter behind.

As for the water, we are planning on bringing large camel backs, so if there are streams, it should be good.
As for bribing, we'll try to stay out of that, because it's very wrong, according to our moral compass, due to our upbringing. It might be different in Italy, but bribing is something you just don't do in Denmark.

>>1239227
Thank you, I very much appreciate it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.