[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 14jJPXpX.png (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
14jJPXpX.png
18KB, 256x256px
Tell me about Canada.

What are some places worth checking out for a first time visitor? What's the best city to live in? What area has the best weather?

Keen to visit the place since my country is slowly going to shit and it would nice to look at prospects.
>>
Vancouver - Awesome, where I live

Alberta - Texas of Canada. Guns, Jesus, Oil.

Toronto - Shithole. Fuck that inbred city

Quebec - Snobs. Rich snobs. Everyone hates them.

Maritimes (NL, NS, PEI, NB) - Sleepy fishing towns, ignore.

Everywhere else - wilderness, tundra, or wasteland.

British Columbia > Everywhere else
>>
>>1239096
Lol.

Inb4 shit storm. West Coast is best coast but ignore everything else anon said. They all have their own merits.

Toronto is literally as far from inbred as you can get, you dumb fuck.
>>
The cities are really dull but if you are into outdoors activities its a freakin wonderland.
>>
>>1239094
Tofino/islands around BC are awesome esp in the Summer. So is the interior of BC because lakes are everywhere, with clean water. You can rent boats in the Okanagan and cruise around to beach parties.

Toronto is expensive, a garbage fire, polluted and shitty but most of the jobs are around there. Montreal is dirty, everybody chain smokes, and expensive. Quebec City is pretty nice but nowhere in Quebec can you work without French though

Nova Scotia is cheap, prob best city to live in if you have a remote job since you can actually afford housing there unlike vancouver where you need at least 1 million to buy anything.

If you like hordes of Korean, Jap and Chinese girls you should prob go to Vancouver because that's all there is here.
>>
>What are some places worth checking out for a first time visitor?

mountains, beaches, etc.

>What's the best city to live in?

dont come here to live in a city

>What area has the best weather?

west coast is the only habitable part of all of canada

>Keen to visit the place since my country is slowly going to shit and it would nice to look at prospects.

this country is going to shit too, population of brainwashed retards voting for neoliberal after neolibral, selling our country out to china piece by piece
>>
>>1239094
Once you've been to Tim Horton's you've seen it all.
>>
>>1239094

This is all you need to know about moving to canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIH-J3uLN3E
>>
I want to experience extreme cold... what's winnipeg like to visit in winter... is it a crime ridden shit hole? Where else is better to visit that's just as cold?
>>
>>1240321
>>1240321
we have cold places in american as well
just try minot
>>
>>1240321
Go to the national parks, Banff, Jasper etc.
>>
>>1239213
>Montreal
>Expensive
>>
>>1240321
If you want cold, go kayaking in Nunavut https://outpostmagazine.com/i-came-to-kayak/ there's national park islands up there the size of european countries with nobody living on them.
>>
File: full.png (30KB, 1000x950px) Image search: [Google]
full.png
30KB, 1000x950px
>>1239096
>BC is better than everywhere else
STAY AWAY FROM NELSON REEEEEEE
>>
How do I get Canadian citizen?
Canada (British Columbia) looks so comfy, I want to live there.
>>
>>1239096

classic vancouver opinion

have fun with your low wages and high cost of living. how are your savings? oh, right, you have none.
>>
>>1241648
Ur just jelly
vancouver is bestcouver and you should be sent to the jelly school
>>
>>1241792
>bestcouver
it really isn't. YVR, Skytrain and the fact that it isn't Toronto are literally the only good things about Vancouver.
>>
Victoria, BC is very nice. Vancouver Island in general is very nice

I would highly recommend taking a via rail train through the Rockies (Start in Edmonton and get off in Vancouver), then take a ferry to Victoria
>>
>>1241875
And the ocean
proximity to great fishing
you can ski
good museums
great restaurants
pretty streets
cool art scene
indian arm fjord

amazing summers
>>
>>1239094

Canada is big. Depending where you're originally from you might be overwhelmed how long it takes to get from city to city (at least in Central Canada where I'm from).

Winnipeg, MB is a decently cheap place to visit if you don't mind how degenerate it is. Don't live here. In the Winter it's like a frozen Hell and the Summer can get retardedly hot.

Alberta is a great place if you're an outdoors kinda person. Edmonton and Calgary are reasonable nice cities, but the main selling point imo are the mountains and parks, great place to visit almost anytime of the year except the dead of winter. Banff and Jasper are great vacation cities if you don't mind retard tourists sometimes.

Toronto is just a big city, where you do big city shit, pretty much the most american-like city i can think of. Doesn't get stupid weather since it's so far south.

I don't have much experience anywhere else, but I've heard Vancouver is a Canadian California, where ppl are fairly chill, but the cost of living is expensive as fuck. And the Maritimes seem like a nice place to visit in the summer, but I heard they get wrecked in the winter.

Overall I think the best place to live would be Alberta or Ontario.
>>
>>1242025
>Canada is big

Thats just an optical illusion because of how maps are shaped bigger at the top.
When you see it from space its actually pretty small
>>
>>1242889
This is bait right? Canada is the 2nd biggest country in landmass http://data.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_area.htm

The vast majority of the country is empty except for a 100km or so strip from the US border. It's so empty that Yukon and Northwest Territories give land away if you agree to farm it and drop the assessment value into the farm http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/canadas-last-homesteaders-how-determined-pioneers-turn-the-yukons-wild-crown-land-into-successful-farms
>>
>>1239096
>Québec - Rich snobs
????????
>>
>>1242917
>This is bait right?
Believe it or not hes right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2596783/Why-world-map-youre-looking-WRONG-Africa-China-Mexico-distorted-despite-access-accurate-satellite-data.html
>>
>>1242917
>http://data.mongabay.com/igapo/world_statistics_by_area.htm

That table misrepresents its sources. The column labeled "Land area" is actually "total area". If you exclude water area, Canada is #4, after Russia, China, and narrowly, the USA.
>>
>>1242995
>>1243006

None of these things negate the fact that Canada is still a large country. Just because it's distorted on most maps or isn't the first largest country doesn't mean it's not massive
>>
>>1239096
>Snobs. Rich snobs.
You're confusing a couple parts of Montreal with a whole province. Quebec is actually white trash as fuck in general.
>Everyone hates them.
Can't argue with that though.

t. quebecker
>>
>>1243044
Can I go the Quebec and pick up hot chicks without speaking any french at all?
>>
>>1243054
In Montreal yeah.
The rest is possible but not likely.
>>
>>1239121
>>1239096

From toronto. Can comfirm it's a disgusting shithole.
>>
>>1239096
>Vancouver
>where I live
Would've guessed that instantly just by reading that idiotic drivel.
>>
>>1243126
>t. Torontonian
>>
>>1243128
Nope. Sorry eh
>>
>>1242934
White trash Frenchmen drinking Labatt 50 on their front porch kek.

Quebec is generally poor as fuck, all the money in Canada is in Vancouver (chinese) or Toronto (jews).
>>
>>1243230
Almost all of Canada is in some form of poverty outside of the very major cities (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal).
If you visit Southern Ontario, it's as bad as the American Rustbelt.
>>
>>1243250
Where is there thats nice and cheap to visit in summer?
Not into cities at all but love quaint towns with nice people and I like to bang broads that I just recently met.
>>
>>1240321
Winnipeg is depressing as fuck any time of the year man. It's a flyover city in a flyover province. only things to check out in manitoba is churchill for some starving polar bears, lake winnipeg for some good ol beach hang out for 2 months out of the year and a winnipeg jets game. I suppose they sometimes get the northern lights during the winter but you can get that in most areas north of the 50th parellel without dealing with as much crime and bullshit that inhabits winnipeg.
>>1241648
Eh, it can be a sacrifice worth making if you make the most of your time in vancouver.
>>1241955
all valid reasons for why vancouver is one of the best cities in the world to live in. you just gotta tolerate the rain, homeless/crazy people, expensive living, horrible traffic congestion and the possibility of volcano or earthquake fucking everything up.
>>
>>1243255
Aside from vancouver and toronto almost all of canada's biggest cities are inexpensive and will probably have some bangable broads. The dollar is utter shit right now so you could definetely get by with minimal expenses. I'd suggest broadening your horizons on what you want to get out of canada, surely you could have a cheap vacation anywhere else in the world where there are far easy broads to bang. why visit canada then? what do you really want to see and do?
>>
>>1243269
>what do you really want to see and do?
Actually I hail from /out/ I want to camp and fish and meet cool people in artsy little towns where the locals are impressed with my 4x4 overlander camper van and they invite me to a bbq.
Even better if the fishing is surf fishing and this takes place near the ocean.
What are your hippest small towns?
>>
>>1241955
>And the ocean
Everywhere else in coastal BC has this and better access to it

>proximity to great fishing
every other part of coastal BC has better fishing

>you can ski
Whistler is the worst ski hill in the province with the worst snow, the only people who go there are tourists who haven't skied before and locals who can't afford to leave Vancouver because they spent all their money splitting a house with 7 other people

>good museums
Victoria has better museums. Science World is alright tho

>great restaurants
Oh, so like every other city on the planet

>pretty streets
they're shit and full of homeless people

>cool art scene
better in Victoria

>indian arm fjord
WHOOP DE FUCKING DO. Literally nothing.

>amazing summers
you might as well describe every other part of BC except Prince Rupert
If you think Vancouver is anything but a typical city in a somewhat nice setting you clearly have very low standards and haven't travelled much at all.

Oh, and also:
>the beer is the worst in the province
>>
>>1243407

The Maritimes is your best choice for this. Halifax is awesome but all of the other major cities especially Moncton suck. Go to Miramichi NB, you will love it
>>
>>1244126
Are there any cute hippie chicks up there?
>>
>>1241530
oso drinking faggot... lol
>>
File: IMG_2137.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2137.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the best city in north america.

Montreal

Not even kidding.
From Vancouver to Miami, there is nothing like Montreal.

Sucks you don't speak french eh?
>>
>>1244467
But I do, I should visit sometime then
>>
I'm a Toronto-born Albertan who studied in BC and Quebec, so I'm as unbiased as you can get.

>What are some places worth checking out for a first time visitor?
I'll give you three options, pick what seems the most interesting
>(1) Mountain nature Tour
My favourite part of Canada for travel. This trip can work during the summer (if you prefer hikes), or winter (if you prefer winter sports). Start in Calgary (you can time it for the Stampede if country-western interests you at all), then head to Banff and Lake Louise for that mountain town experience. Then take a train through the rockies into Vancouver. If you're traveling in the summer, stop along the way in Kelowna and tour some wineries and produce. Vancouver has a fair amount to do on its own, and then head to some of the nearby resorts like Whistler if you like mountain biking (summer) or skiing (winter). You can also take a ferry across to Vancouver island and tour Victoria and Buchart Gardens.
>(2) Cosier coastal nature Tour
The Maritimes + NL are really quaint places to visit, but some people might find them boring. They're definitely slower places to live and they don't have big city interest, nor much age-old history behind them. St. John's is like going back in time. Just watch some youtube promotion videos and see if it clicks with you or not.
>(3) Quebec
Montreal, Quebec City, and the Laurentians (Tremblant, St. Sauveur) have a lot to offer, and they have a bit more history to them than Western Canada. Montreal itself rivals Vancouver, or even beats it, for interest value within the city for tourists. I'd recommend going during the winter and visiting quebec city during Carnival.

Don't visit Toronto for tourism, its just a big city -- hust go to New York or something instead. And please don't go to Ottawa either. In most places in the world, you can just visit the Capital city and get a decent vacation. London, Paris, Rome, Prague, Tokyo, etc. But Ottawa is just a boring political center.
>>
>>1242025
and whats with Saskatchewan?
>>
>>1244581
big skies
>>
I live in central Alberta, it's comfy as fuck. The town I live in is small enough to not have bad traffic in most areas but large enough that everything you need is in town and everything else is online. Calgary and Edmonton are within reasonable driving distance, and so are the mountains. People here are chill and the weather is decent. Every so often in the winter there will be a chinook and it will seem like spring for a few days.

Banff is a complete tourist trap, but the national park and lake louise area are lovely.
>>
>>1239096
> Vancouver
> Awesome
> Alberta - Jesus
> Literally the most secular province in Canada

Never give advice about Canada ever again you hippie shit
>>
>>1241530
everyone I've met from Nelson has been an absolute degenerate
>>
File: 20160730_084125.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_084125.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>1239094
Hitched around Québec last summer
Gaspésie has awesome national parks if that's what you're into. In summer you can swim in Baie Des Chaleurs, and Parc Forillon and Percé are not to be missed. I also loved Parc De La Gaspésie
Pic is from the road leaving Percé
>>
>>1245450
Do the girls there like american man that speak no french?
>>
>>1245450
Was it easy to get rides?
>>
>>1239094
I live in Winnipeg unfortunately, and I would say avoid all off Manitoba / Saskatchewan / Alberta. It's depressing and boring as fuck here. If you really wanna come to Canada, I would say BC is the best option. Montreal and the East Coast are nice to visit as well.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.