[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokyo vs Osaka

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: ontheroadjapan-background-full.jpg (778KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ontheroadjapan-background-full.jpg
778KB, 1600x900px
Hi! Due to certain events I have the choice between Tokyo and Osaka to go for on vacation this summer. From what I read Tokyo is the bigger city and has a ton of attractions, while Osaka is more 'peaceful' and has better food. I'm hesitant to go to Tokyo as I'm scared it'll be overhyped like most tourist traps and it'll be more expensive, but on the other hand it is the mighty capital of Japan etc. Any travelers could illuminate me on this?
>>
Forgot to mention I'll be traveling solo or with a single friend at the very least. Also, forgive me for the autistic intro, I'm quite high right now.
>>
>>1238776
>From what I read Tokyo is the bigger city and has a ton of attractions, while Osaka is more 'peaceful' and has better food.

Eh, that's not really true. Osaka is a big city like Tokyo, with the same vibrant lifestyle and big city feel. Foodwise it depends where you go really, you can find good and bad Japanese food there in both.

>I'm hesitant to go to Tokyo as I'm scared it'll be overhyped like most tourist traps and it'll be more expensive

I think you have a wrong image of Tokyo. There are "tourist traps" in the city (e.g. Robot Cafe in Shinjuku) but generally it's just a normal city that many people live in.

If you have any more questions, asking in the Japan General might also help
>>
>>1238776
Both Osaka and Tokyo are great. Osaka is slightly cheaper. Both have great night life, both have great food, Osaka probably has a slight edge on the food side.

You could just fly between the two, how many days are you in Japan for ?
>>
>>1238782
Hmm thanks for the insight, I'll poke around in the japan general to find out more.
>>1238784
That's an idea, I could fly between them. I'm staying for a week at most, though.
>>
>>1238786
Yeah fly between them, or take the bullet train. Whichever is cheaper at the time as they usually run around the same price. Flying is slightly annoying because the airport is 40 minutes away from Tokyo by express train and like an hour and a half by normal train.

3 days in each is really enough in both. Probably spend more time in Tokyo over Osaka, purely because it's bigger and has that wider variety of things to do. This is all just my personal opinion though.
>>
they're both huge cities. very similar in that regard, both have a lot to offer. each has different tourist sites that are all worth seeing. Osaka has a small advantage in that it's in the Kansai district and you have access to Kyoto and Nara nearby, which is Japanese tourism central.
>>
>>1238776
Spent 1,5 week in Tokyo and 2 weeks in Osaka. I honestly didn't like the latter too much, it felt a bit like a poor man's Tokyo. Also fuck their metro, it's way overpriced. Osaka does however have the benefit of being within a 400 yen/30min distance of Nara and Kyoto.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.