[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The company I'm with right now is sending us to Sierra Leone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 7245934-3x2-460x307.jpg (38KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
7245934-3x2-460x307.jpg
38KB, 460x307px
The company I'm with right now is sending us to Sierra Leone for a film and I know next to nothing besides what I will be googling today.Does /trv/ have any tips for a black man to survive and thrive the month
>>
>>1238678
Research the country's past and future. There a Salone(that's what they called the country)videos and news spots on Youtube. Also get the Lonely Planet guide to West Africa. Talk to expats and locals.
>>
>>1238678
I went to Lumley beach/Freetown a few years ago it's an awesome city, everybody speaks english for the most part and qt girls throw themselves at you even if you're a black guy from the West.

Outside of that area I wouldn't go anywhere because of rebels/crime/disease galore. If you're filming out in the bush don't wander too far from your security there's landmines and shit there too. Bring a bunch of mosquito nets
>>
>>1238678
Oh, and if you're going anywhere in W. Africa need to brush up on common scams, like the guy who sits down at your table after you've run up a large bar bill and claims he is the waiter/manager and walks off with all your money or the guys who bump into you on the street and drop their phone claiming you broke it. Plus the guys who drop a wallet in front of you and wait for you to pick it up "There was one thousand dollars in here! Mbutu you took it"

If you're with a film crew I assume you have a local fixer/guide I would always go out with them
>>
I'm from Johannesburg in any case so those scams I've encountered before.I'm stocking up on bush survival shit and tools anyway,how's the nightlife in case I have the time to engage in it
>>
I'm from Johannesburg in any case so those scams I've encountered before but stilk have my head on a swivel,I'm stocking up on bush survival shit and tools anyway since ill actually be in disease centres and areas.How's the nightlife in case I have the time to engage in it?
Hookers,drinks and food
>>
>>1238678
I'll follow up on the other legs of my African tour,namely Liberia
>>
>>1239496
I went years ago to only Lumley Beach bars I didn't go to any Freetown nightclubs but the bars were crazy enough. If you get time, and there is a fashion show you should go because girls galore and they usually go to an afterparty. Sierra Leone chicks are freaks for custom fashion all of them make their own clothing.

There's also like next to zero infrastructure. Your mobile phone can't call a landline, there's nothing but shitty receptions or no reception everywhere, power goes out frequently, traffic is just a free for all with motorcycle guys riding on the sidewalk full speed, ect.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.