[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BERLIN

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (716KB, 1964x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
716KB, 1964x2048px
Im going to Berlin for a week, what should i do there? I will smoke weed, learn some history/culture and maybe go to a concert. what are some cool things to do there like museums and so on? I would like to see a local punk band or something like that, and just any weird "alternative" shit there is to do there. Any tips?

Also does anyone know about a cheap hotel with good location?
>>
>>1238642
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/germany/berlin/articles/Berghain-how-to-get-into-Berlins-most-exclusive-nightclub/
>>
>>1238642
The most fun thing to do in Berlin is to take a train out of Berlin to a non shitty German city

Seriously you are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this, why not just go to Cologne if you want to have a shitty experience

Hell Prague isn't even that far away and it's 100x better than Berlin, even has little to no muslims
>>
>>1238642
Check the catalog, doesn't need a separate thread just for your post
>>
>>1239021
What's so good about Prague? It looks like just another cookie cutter big European city. "Lovely" atmosphere, museums with a couple big name paintings, good beer.
>>
you can do all the significant WW2/80s era stuff (Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie, the Gate, Holocaust Memorial) in an afternoon

The place I stayed was called Wombats - really nice https://www.wombats-hostels.com/berlin/

you can get anywhere via their subway

they have some great clubs and some great drugs but I don't know if that's your scene, can't comment on punk music
>>
>>1238642
>I would like to see a local punk band

When are you going? I might be able to help you out
>>
>>1239161
Yeah everywhere is a cookie cutter city when you simplify it that much

Dubrinvonik is just a ocean town with nice architecture, Santiago is just another cookie cutter Spanish town with Spanish food and a few good looks

Fuck off retard, it's a completely different culture from the other mainstream cities, though it is slowly turning into one of them
>>
>>1239545
and yet you make no argument for what makes it unique.
>>
>>1239581
Prague is like Berlin with a significantly higher number of bulgarians and romanians who will try to rip you off and rob you, then you have the pretentious drunkard locals who are absolutely miserable to be around.

Basically Prague is proof that an ethnic cleanse in Europe is necessary and shitty little Slav wannabe countries should be the target of it
>>
>>1238648
this

I want to go again to Berlin in this year just for clubbing and shopping. What is the most cheapest accommodation possibility? And which month should I travel? I want to stay between Friday and Monday.
>>
Lurking. Im staying in berlin next Wednesday to monday. Looking for chill alternative places to visit. Will do the touristic west berlin stuff but only for a day or so
>>
File: bunkbed-smaller-495x400.png (233KB, 495x400px) Image search: [Google]
bunkbed-smaller-495x400.png
233KB, 495x400px
>>1239630
https://www.st-christophers.co.uk/berlin-hostels

I stayed at this hostel, 10 euros/night, it's 5 mins away from Alexanderplatz, so it's right in the center of the city (which might not be the best location, depending on what you want to do).

The beds were kinda like pic related (but sturdier, the ones in the pic look like shit), meaning you have your curtain for privacy, locker under the bed, and ligth/electric plug right by your bed. Was pretty comfy desu. Bathrooms are outside the room. My only complaint was the brittish slags coming in at 4am and talking loud as fuck and being annoying as shit in general.

I booked through hostelworld, but I think if you book directly through them you get a free breakfast included.
>>
>>1238648
>how to get in berghain
>proceeds to tell you how to not get in while also sucking the dick of every staff member of berghain
Lmao
I speak German, so I have an unfair advantage, but that was an unintentionally funny article.
>>
>>1240862
The problem with these hostels is that 10 euros a night is not the price you'll actually see if you're booking now. It is MUCH better to just rent out an airbnb instead of paying 35 euros a night to sleep next to some smelly spaniard gypsy. Public transportation is cheap enough to offset the cost of travel to Mitte, if that's where you'll even spend most of your time
>>
>>1238642
I recommend the Heart of Gold hostel in Berlin. easy access to the metro.

I also would try the nightlife scene and go to techno clubs and bars. Clubs I would recommend is Tresor, Suicide Circus, Griessemuehle, Chalet, and Ava. The famous club in all of Berlin is Berghain, but Berlin is strict on door policy so often bouncers will deny you just because they feel like it. The only club I was denied was Watergate and I waited in line for 2 and a half hours. The door policy shouldn't discourage you, it's Berlin's way of preserving the nightlife culture

My advice is make sure you go in groups of 2 as big groups tend to be a big red flag, don't dress in a way that will make you stand out, and act normal in line as being drunk or being on drugs will get you denied as well.
>>
>>1241149
How much is airbnb paying you? I want in on this gig.
>>
>>1238642
>Im going to Berlin for a week
>I will smoke weed and maybe go to a concert.
>I would like to see a local punk band or something like that
> and just any weird "alternative" shit there is to do there

I didn't think it was possible but I can safely say that I already hate you without ever having to meet you.
>>
>>1241717
he's kinda right though. I looked up prices at that hostel (I'm the one who rec'd it) and starting now and for the next two months, price is $30/night, and a lot of times it says minimum 2 nights.

Not gonna say just go to airbnb but that hostel is not really so cheap. I got it for $10 at the end of february, so maybe that's why.
>>
>>1239584
>bulgarians and romanians
You mean gypsies with bulgarian and romanian passports. I mean we hate them as much as you do.
>>
>>1241868
Most of the time yes. But there are some white Romanians who operate thief gangs too.
>>
>>1241717
lol I wish they were paying me. As >>1241861 said, hostel prices are NOT cheap in the summer, and the cheaper beds are already booked. I've got a place in Prenzlauerberg for around 45 a night, which I'm splitting with my travel buddy, but there are places in Kreuzberg that are still available and a little lower than that. I'm also heading to Budapest and got a place for 18 a night in District V, which is better than any hostel there, so airbnb has been pretty helpful in finding a place to stay during my vacation
>>
>>1241897
You're just stupid. I found a hostel with 14 euros per night. Just because your inept, doesn't mean that it costs as much as you say it does
>>
>>1241990
ok then link it and prove my dumb ass wrong
>>
bump. I am also going there for 3 nights in May. I'm 31 though and not retarded, unlike underage OP.
Recommend me stuff to visit and maybe some nice bars, cafés and maybe some good and cheap place to drink beer and eat wurst.
>>
>>1238642
Just a small suggestion, if you cant get into Berghain or Watergate just go the the Chalet
>>
>>1242106
my one reason to travel to Berlin is get into berghain

>How to get in?
I wear only black clothes and i have emotionless face. I can speak german but i forgot a lot of words.
>>
>>1242211
>emotionless face
Not sure if troll or just very stupid
>>
>>1242042
Happy go lucky hostel, check the prices yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_22.png (15KB, 209x249px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_22.png
15KB, 209x249px
>>1242765
Yep, it's 14... of course you meant it is 14.70 on SOME nights, and it can rise to over 19 euros on other nights... Oh and it's in Charlottenberg. You should've mentioned these little caveats when you were trying to claim I was wrong about the pricing of hostels in or near Mitte. The devil is in the details, and what I had explained in a previous post is that the low price that these hostels will list doesn't apply to every day, just certain days.
>>
>>1242073
Try to get into the Reichstag. Book now and reserve a place.
The wall memorial, Brandeburg gate, etc. the usual stuff.
Museumsinsel, though a lot of it was under construction when I was there last year.
The bunker constructions under the city.

For bars:
I usually just go into smaller ones and talk to the locals. Thats how I have fun and find out new things about the city and the people.

There isnt that much to see or do in Berlin, if youre not into party or poverty desu
>>
https://stressfaktor.squat.net/termine.php

this site has about every punk concert in berlin listed, its in german though but should be easy to figure out whats what

otherwise just dont be one of the annoying drunk dumbfuck tourists around warschauer straße and youll be fine
>>
>>1241698
>it's Berlin's way of preserving the nightlife culture
more like preserving their elitarian white people hipster culture
>>
>>1242798
lmao, why do you have a raging boner for Mitte and the fuck is wrong with charlottenburg? and no hotel/hostel will have the same price for every night, get raped in your airbnb sleeping bag and enjoy that, you autist.
>>
>>1242798
it's not 45 euros now, is it, dumbass?
>>
>>1243068
>>1243069
Your anger towards my vacation plans with my friends is really... unusual. What ulterior motive is there for this aggression?

The reason I mentioned Mitte was because the fellow I was replying to (who wasn't you) talked about a hostel near Alexanderplatz, which if you didn't know, is a lot closer to Mitte than Charlottenberg.

Seriously m8, take a chill pill and acknowledge that you're just trying to be a contrarian. Or maybe I could throw the accusation you threw at me and claim you're shilling for the homeless shelter-tier hostel that you presented false information about. I'm paying less than the best price that it is offering to stay in a nice apartment in a better part of town, and this seems to bother you.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.